Coliseum just lost a loyal customer - Page 2 - Gun Stores & Gunsmiths - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Coliseum just lost a loyal customer

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#21 Range Time

Range Time

Respected Gunowner

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 227 posts
  • LocationWestern Suffolk

Posted August 08 2018 - 09:50 PM

Any shop at one time or another can be a crappy experience. Depends on the day. Through 40+ years of long island shops, I have found Coliseum can be a tad unfriendly at times. I do find them overpriced on most every firearm I have looked to buy throughout the years.
Others swear by them. They are definitely not my shop of choice. Different strokes.

I should have saved my comment for this post, but it's worth repeating: No one has ever had a bad experience at Campsite.

If (astoundingly) your experience there is crappy, they didn't realize and you didn't tell them. With their spotless reputation, I'm sure they would go to great lengths to accommodate an unhappy customer.

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#22 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 10974 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted August 08 2018 - 09:56 PM

No one has ever had a bad experience at Campsite.

No place is going to be perfect. People may have high expectations when shopping at a gun shop. I usually send people who are looking to buy their first firearm to South Shore Sportsman or to T&T and ask to see the owner Marty. I did visit coliseum once on the advice of a former mod . I guess the salesman didn't care after I mentioned that I was sent here by one of the mods from LIF. Too bad for that place because they lost thousands I spent at both of the other shops since that time.

#23 only7rounds

only7rounds

Gun Guru

• 1231 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted August 08 2018 - 10:05 PM

I should have saved my comment for this post, but it's worth repeating: No one has ever had a bad experience at Campsite.

If (astoundingly) your experience there is crappy, they didn't realize and you didn't tell them. With their spotless reputation, I'm sure they would go to great lengths to accommodate an unhappy customer.

You don't speak for me. Campsite has barely any inventory, and often you have to stand there and wait to get anyone to pay attention. NOT my favorite shop.

SSS and Stan are the best, Hunter Sports also has issues getting someone to help, I have had very good experiences with Coliseum.
Some time ago, I posted a complaint that I wanted to look at a gun but the salesman was too busy texting to help me. I am glad to say that has never happened again. they do pay attention.

• TJ Ironhorse likes this

#24 Dakhath

Dakhath

Respected Gunowner

• 186 posts
  • LocationWestbury

Posted August 08 2018 - 11:44 PM

Coliseum and Michael Britt Firearms are closest to me, but I've had hit and miss experiences. It was enough to discourage me from purchasing a firearm from them. I like campsite, but they're too far for me for casual visits.

I have family 5 minutes away from Hunters Essentials, so I end up there more often than I should.I like the service and it's also an easy trip to / from the NCPD.

• VolkoSupply and Tonto like this

#25 only7rounds

only7rounds

Gun Guru

• 1231 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted August 09 2018 - 11:27 AM

Coliseum and Michael Britt Firearms are closest to me, but I've had hit and miss experiences. It was enough to discourage me from purchasing a firearm from them. I like campsite, but they're too far for me for casual visits.

I have family 5 minutes away from Hunters Essentials, so I end up there more often than I should.I like the service and it's also an easy trip to / from the NCPD.

That guy at Hunters Essentials quote me a price on the phone on a used rifle he had in stock. When I went there to buy it he wanted over $100 more plus tax (on the phone he quoted an OUT THE DOOR price". When I pointed out that I had called on that gun and that was not what he quoted, he tried to convince me that was a different gun that he "just sold"?
NEVER AGAIN. He will never get a dime from me.

#26 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 10974 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted August 09 2018 - 11:43 AM

That guy at Hunters Essentials quote me a price on the phone on a used rifle he had in stock. When I went there to buy it he wanted over $100 more plus tax (on the phone he quoted an OUT THE DOOR price". When I pointed out that I had called on that gun and that was not what he quoted, he tried to convince me that was a different gun that he "just sold"?
NEVER AGAIN. He will never get a dime from me.

Bruce was like the hero on the old LIF open weird hours

#27 TJ Ironhorse

TJ Ironhorse

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 2382 posts
  • LocationNorth Massapequa

Posted August 09 2018 - 11:46 AM

I’ve dealt with Bruce many times, always a good experience. Again, any lgs can suck on any given day. Nature of the beast.

#28 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 10974 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted August 09 2018 - 11:53 AM

I’ve dealt with Bruce many times, always a good experience. Again, any lgs can suck on any given day. Nature of the beast.

He was a nice guy, getting the opportunity to buy something from him was difficult. His location and store hours just wasn't convenient for me and many forum members.
  • ProGodProGunProLife likes this

#29 MikeM

MikeM

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • Others: Donated Member

• 1647 posts
  • LocationEast Northport

Posted August 10 2018 - 10:11 AM

Not my experience at Campsite.  I have bought 2 handguns from them and a few transfers, plus all sorts of accessories.  But i was shopping for an AR and my salesperson went to take a call and never came back.  I stood there holding the rifle for around 10 minutes and  when he came out he started talking to another customer.  I put the rifle down and left.    Everyone can have a bad day so a while later i went there an ordered a rifle that i needed by a certain date. [about 6 weeks away] . Salesman checked computer for a while and said no problem he would have it in 2 weeks,  I called in 2 weeks and they said another week.  After 2 more weeks past i went there and was told it wasn't even showing on their list as being available.   Went to LI Ammo and walked out with a similar rifle.   Just made my deadline..  

#30 Range Time

Range Time

Respected Gunowner

• 227 posts

Posted August 10 2018 - 06:34 PM

You don't speak for me. Campsite has barely any inventory, and often you have to stand there and wait to get anyone to pay attention. NOT my favorite shop.
SSS and Stan are the best, Hunter Sports also has issues getting someone to help, I have had very good experiences with Coliseum.
Some time ago, I posted a complaint that I wanted to look at a gun but the salesman was too busy texting to help me. I am glad to say that has never happened again. they do pay attention.

I stand corrected, although the wait time is due to the number of patrons and the time they are willing to spend with everyone. They certainly have many associates working.

Their inventory has been fine for me, but there are other stores that have more.

#31 Range Time

Range Time

Respected Gunowner

• 227 posts

Posted August 10 2018 - 06:41 PM

Not my experience at Campsite.  I have bought 2 handguns from them and a few transfers, plus all sorts of accessories.  But i was shopping for an AR and my salesperson went to take a call and never came back.  I stood there holding the rifle for around 10 minutes and  when he came out he started talking to another customer.  I put the rifle down and left.    Everyone can have a bad day so a while later i went there an ordered a rifle that i needed by a certain date. [about 6 weeks away] . Salesman checked computer for a while and said no problem he would have it in 2 weeks,  I called in 2 weeks and they said another week.  After 2 more weeks past i went there and was told it wasn't even showing on their list as being available.   Went to LI Ammo and walked out with a similar rifle.   Just made my deadline..

I agree that is two bad experiences. I would chalk the first up to being busy, but maybe careless too. He could have passed you off to another guy. The second one is just not right. I bet if you complained about it, they would have given you a deal on it or maybe even a box of ammo for the rifle you had to buy elsewhere.

LI Ammo is awesome, but it is a very different kind of gun store that's hard to compare to the average one.

#32 Range Time

Range Time

Respected Gunowner

• 227 posts

Posted August 10 2018 - 06:44 PM

No one has ever had a bad experience at Campsite.

I retract my statement. At least two people had bad experiences at Camp-site.

It would be REALLY cool if they tracked you down and made it right.

I still think Campsite is the best gun shop on LI.

#33 Cashews121

Cashews121

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationQueens

Posted August 29 2018 - 01:34 AM

Campsite seems pretty good,,Coliseum is hit or miss..overpriced yes,Mark at Hunter Sports shows his true colors after a while..and they aren’t pretty. Honestly,gun shops are weird places,always attitudes,hiring of young kids who tell you what the gun manufacturers tell you in their catalogues,with no real world research.It always amazes me how little shop owners know about the business they are in,it’s astonishing really.

#34 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • 10974 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted August 29 2018 - 07:07 AM

Campsite seems pretty good,,Coliseum is hit or miss..overpriced yes,Mark at Hunter Sports shows his true colors after a while..and they aren’t pretty. Honestly,gun shops are weird places,always attitudes,hiring of young kids who tell you what the gun manufacturers tell you in their catalogues,with no real world research.It always amazes me how little shop owners know about the business they are in,it’s astonishing really.

I remember Mark from when he started working at his friends gunshop in Merrick. It's funny you said that about him. One of his loyal customers who also worked for him said that.
  • baxtersmith likes this

#35 Bystander

Bystander

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationNys

Posted August 29 2018 - 12:59 PM

Oh, an update... Ordered at Buds for $390, transferred through one of local FFLs.

8a9395f86dafb38f793d969a99089390.jpg

#36 Cashews121

Cashews121

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationQueens

Posted August 29 2018 - 03:24 PM

I remember Mark from when he started working at his friends gunshop in Merrick. It's funny you said that about him. One of his loyal customers who also worked for him said that.

Yea( he’s definitely not going to give you good customer service. I remember a few incidents with him that really pissed me off. I dropped a piece off for his smith to look at.. when he finished it ,I came to pick it up,my case was no where to be found. He attempted to give me a cloth slip to replace losing the case! I had to explain to him I wasn’t leaving until my case,or a real case is given as a replacement. Another time he had some guy jimmy working there who was playing gunsmith. I wanted my Montefeltro drilled for sling studs and he said he would do it free. I asked where the jig was so that it was properly centered,,he said it’s not needed. So guess what,it was drilled off center,big surprise. He doesn’t care because he has plenty of money,and I guess he thinks everybody else does as well. Tha5 was the last time I was there.
  • baxtersmith likes this

#37 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 10974 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted August 29 2018 - 05:11 PM

Yea( he’s definitely not going to give you good customer service. I remember a few incidents with him that really pissed me off. I dropped a piece off for his smith to look at.. when he finished it ,I came to pick it up,my case was no where to be found. He attempted to give me a cloth slip to replace losing the case! I had to explain to him I wasn’t leaving until my case,or a real case is given as a replacement. Another time he had some guy jimmy working there who was playing gunsmith. I wanted my Montefeltro drilled for sling studs and he said he would do it free. I asked where the jig was so that it was properly centered,,he said it’s not needed. So guess what,it was drilled off center,big surprise. He doesn’t care because he has plenty of money,and I guess he thinks everybody else does as well. Tha5 was the last time I was there.

Unfortunately I know someone, retired Cop have his case go missing. That guy was really disappointed. About money, Mark cares because that case cost him money, he lost business because of that.
  • baxtersmith likes this

#38 Cashews121

Cashews121

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationQueens

Posted August 29 2018 - 06:11 PM

Unfortunately I know someone, retired Cop have his case go missing. That guy was really disappointed. About money, Mark cares because that case cost him money, he lost business because of that.

I think if he cared he would not have given me such a laxed attitude about misplacing it..and tryin to satisfy me with a slip..it’s a piece of cloth with drawstrings,cmon.
  • baxtersmith likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users