Long Island Shooters Forum banner

Help identifying

4K views 21 replies 8 participants last post by  boosti 
#1 ·
Hello all,

A friend recently lost an elderly family member and has been slowly going through the house cleaning things when he stumbled upon what appears to be an older revolver. He sent me some pics, but admittedly I don't have much experience with revolvers, and a google search didn't turn up much on my end. Attached are some pictures. Any information is appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
As I said, my knowledge of wheel guns is limited, with the leads here though and through google the closest I can come up with is a webley pryse. However, there’s nothing on the gun that can confirm it. On top of the barrel is also engraved 476, but no other markings aside from the ones I posted.

#13 ·
I think I found it. It was actually used in the movie Zulu Dawn: http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Zulu_Dawn

Good new - bad news...

Great pic, but no details on the model other than Webley-Pryse No. 4 revolver.

NiceWebleyPryseRevolver.jpeg
In the movie Zulu Dawn, I believe it was a Mk VI .455 Revolver used. The Mk VI was made in 1915 which historians pointed out about that film.

#15 ·
According to the IMFDB website. http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Zulu_Dawn both weapons were used.
The commercial Webley's had a nicer blued finish and better trigger compared to the military issued revoler. I do recall a customer at the LGS tell me this when I found a Mk VI Webley in my house. He said that a few copies of the Webley did come out of Spain.

#20 ·
I had a Webley down in Georgia way back in '68 while in the service. It was chambered in ,45 ACP with half moon clips very mild recoil but couldn't hit sh-eye-t shooting at fish in my friends lake. Wish I still had that gun.
Was alcohol involved?

#21 ·
The commercial Webley's had a nicer blued finish and better trigger compared to the military issued revoler. I do recall a customer at the LGS tell me this when I found a Mk VI Webley in my house. He said that a few copies of the Webley did come out of Spain.
I think you hit it. Madras hints at it as well

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.