fishing reports - Fishing - Open Discussions - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

fishing reports

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 pequa1

pequa1

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 4923 posts
  • Locationisn't it obvious ?

Posted July 10 2018 - 10:04 AM

For several years now noreast.com has had only party boat and charter reports posted.  (Veracity is not important, just typing in caps.)  (A decade ago it was mostly private boaters.)

I fish JI to Matzahpizza, usually backbay in a yak but also out to the inlet in our boat.   I use Berkley Gulp so checking with my local tackle shop and buying nothing is not me.

One shop on the Matzahpizza Seaford border usually posts some info once a week.   The Fishing Line is the same and not usually worth perusing.  any other websites out there ?

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 KPvette

KPvette

Sharp Shooter!

• Topic Starter
  • 458 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted July 10 2018 - 11:39 AM

I usually browse noreast once in a while, most fishermen are usually tight lipped to where they are catching them. Just have from put your time in.

#3 pequa1

pequa1

Gun Guru

• 4923 posts

Posted July 10 2018 - 11:47 AM

Totally agree with you about "spot burning."   its just that 10 and 15 years ago there was a lot of info on noreast from private boaters.   Now its all just lies from party boats.  I only go to the discussion boards on noreast now where sharing techniques, selling stuff, etc is still pretty good.   Then again, 10 and 15 years ago the fishing was MUCH better in my area, especially from the yak.  The Long Island Fisherman weekly of course just reports where the fish were.  I would just like to hear stuff like, " a new influx of fluke came in through the inlet Tuesday," or "cocktails are robbing fluke rigs up and down the state channel" etc. like the old days...   ah well

#4 William Anthony

William Anthony

Sharp Shooter!

• Topic Starter
  • 447 posts
  • LocationEast Quogue L.I. N.Y.

Posted July 10 2018 - 10:32 PM

Last week a guy pulled a 40lb bass from the surf in Amagansett. There was a picture of him in the Southampton Press holding the fish .Nice catch ...I have caught a few bass from the surf in recent years but nothing that big.

#5 pequa1

pequa1

Gun Guru

• 4923 posts

Posted July 11 2018 - 12:54 PM

there's a guy that's been pulling in 4 and 5 foot sandbar sharks off Tobay Ocean Beach.    (could make some think about surfing, lol)

#6 Gary_Hungerford

Gary_Hungerford

SASI Firearms Chairman, LISAPA Training Committee

• Club LIF Member
  • Others: , , ,
  • 6264 posts
  • LocationEverywhere, all the time

Posted July 12 2018 - 08:09 AM

There was a time, back in the '60s, '70 and early '80s, when we would fish the beaches or jetties, at Gin, Shagawong, Montauk, False Point, etc and pull 40~50 pound Striped Bass and large sand sharks, as a routine item.

Gary

#7 KPvette

KPvette

Sharp Shooter!

• 458 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted July 12 2018 - 09:36 AM

I used to run fish back to the truck for my father back in the day.  Now there are days I want to snap my fishing pole on my knee and head to a strip club.  The north shore is sparse and getting tougher every year.  Now if you catch a 32 to 36 inch stripped bass off the beach once a year that's a lot.  It's very different now  a lot of shorts and nothing.  But I keep coming back.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users