Gotta Watch - Bronx Hunter - Hunting - Open Discussions - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Gotta Watch - Bronx Hunter

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 blue steel

blue steel

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 3753 posts

Posted June 15 2018 - 06:37 AM

The Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation just put up a short video that we can all relate to. Its about a guy who lives in the Bronx and hunts. He lives in my childhood neighborhood. Very well done. And it touches on a few points we all have to deal with.

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 Gary_Hungerford

Gary_Hungerford

SASI Firearms Chairman, LISAPA Training Committee

• Club LIF Member
  • Others: , , ,
  • 6264 posts
  • LocationEverywhere, all the time

Posted June 15 2018 - 07:01 AM

Excellent video. Thanks, for sharing it.

Gary

#3 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 11248 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted June 15 2018 - 07:04 AM

Lots of hunters come from the Bronx!This guy complained about putting 80 miles round-trip.... That's really funny. At least he's living the dream. Nothing like owning your own property so you don't have the cops walking up to your stand because of a nosey neighbor anti hunter.

#4 pequa1

pequa1

Gun Guru

• 4926 posts
  • Locationisn't it obvious ?

Posted June 15 2018 - 07:31 AM

its probably not that different from me in Matzahpizza.  I just ignore people driving by while I load up.

#5 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 11248 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted June 15 2018 - 09:32 AM

its probably not that different from me in Matzahpizza.  I just ignore people driving by while I load up.

Growing up in Wantagh, I would leave around 2AM and load up my hunting gear. Never a problem with the neighbors returning with deer strapped on the back of my Camaro. That was back in the 80's and 90's, now I would be more cautious as snowflakes are everywhere.

#6 Camaro45th

Camaro45th

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • 1747 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted June 15 2018 - 02:07 PM

How many times do you think he has had to fix that wall, or other things that he has hit with the arrows?

#7 blue steel

blue steel

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 3753 posts

Posted June 15 2018 - 02:31 PM

How many times do you think he has had to fix that wall, or other things that he has hit with the arrows?

As sad as it may sound, I am waiting for when his landlord gets wind of what he is doing in his apartment. Would not be surprised to hear he gets evicted. About 98% of NYC would be less concerned if he was running a meth lab.
  • Camaro45th likes this

#8 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 11248 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted June 15 2018 - 04:13 PM

Actually the noise would be annoying with neighbors.

#9 covertjy

covertjy

Gun Guru

• 4013 posts
  • LocationThe Free World

Posted June 17 2018 - 06:32 AM

Great video.  So different from the boring life I led growing up in the Bronx.  Heck, I was a kid then anyway.  Only flaw is complaining about an 80 mile round trip to go hunting.  My commute to work, and I'm sure many of yours as well, when I was a Long Islander was about that and not much fun during rush hour.  Also, it's a shame that hunters have to disguise their hobby and sneak around unnoticed as if they were doing something wrong.

#10 crestonave

crestonave

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted June 17 2018 - 09:24 AM

Great video. Grew up around Fordham and the Concourse. Alexander's!

• covertjy likes this

#11 covertjy

covertjy

Gun Guru

• 4013 posts
  • LocationThe Free World

Posted June 17 2018 - 09:47 AM

Great video. Grew up around Fordham and the Concourse. Alexander's!

...and don't forget the Paradise Theater and that ice cream parlor across the street where my grandma took me after the show.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users