Non res ccw, whatcha got - Page 2 - Chit-Chat - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Non res ccw, whatcha got

non resident ccw ccw out of state

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 set2374

set2374

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 853 posts
  • LocationEast Rockaway

Posted June 14 2018 - 05:27 PM

I have New Hampshire and Utah.   With current reciprocity, that would give me a lot of coverage (if I had a NY permit, so I could own a handgun).   If they every get the national reciprocity bill through (hopes are fading on that one), my NH CCW would be good in NY and would enable me to buy a handgun here (at least under the Senate's version of the bill).   It would be hard to justify how a guy that's a Florida resident could carry in NY, but a NY resident can't.    This is an important law that we need to press our legislators on (well, at least the Republican legislators).  

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#22 LI Ammo

LI Ammo

Gun Guru

• Forum Sponsor
  • Others: Established Member, Club LIF Member

• 1020 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted June 14 2018 - 07:15 PM

Change Pennsylvania to primary residence and New York part time. That will allow you to apply for a part time residence pistol license in the county.

Except that then you give up you NY License? New York does not issue non-resident licenses.

• Swstock likes this

#23 Mr. Shotgun

Mr. Shotgun

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • Others:
  • 2155 posts
  • LocationQueens, NYC

Posted June 15 2018 - 04:54 AM

Except that then you give up you NY License? New York does not issue non-resident licenses.

That's a good question...I own my own home here in NYC and don't know if 1PP will require me to forfeit my pistol license if I decide to make the weekend home in PA my primary residence? 

A neighbor of mine owns a weekend home out in CT and has made it his primary residence and registered his cars there (for lower car insurance), but he spends most of his time here in NYC. I'm no sure how it would affect me?

Any thoughts? In my mind I don't see why I shouldn't be able to maintain my NYC permit so as long as I own a home here, pay income and property taxes here and spend most of my time here for work and family.

On another note, according to NYC's Rifle Shotgun section, I can keep my long gun permit and they would have no problem putting a PA address on it so that in the event I need to transport my long guns to my home in NYC I wouldn't be breaking any laws.

Edited by Mr. Shotgun, June 15 2018 - 04:57 AM.

#24 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 11312 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted June 15 2018 - 05:26 AM

Unfortunately we can't always believe everything... As a Part Time resident you can. The court of Appeals made that decision clear. New York has issued a non resident a business pistol license before the Part Time resident law started a few years back. New York Doesn't issue a non resident a pistol license, the above are the only exemptions.https://m.huffpost.c...s/entry/4108925
  • Mr. Shotgun likes this

#25 Catfish

Catfish

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted June 15 2018 - 11:32 AM

OK, so my wife, 4 and a half year old daughter and I drove to Lebanon County Sheriff's office yesterday. I had called twice to make certain that I could renew my PA non resident concealed carry permit that I got through Centre County 5 years ago. Long story short the lady at the desk (she was the one I spoke to on the phone) tells us they can't "renew" our permits because they weren't originally from Lebanon County. I mentioned to her both times we spoke on the phone of my intention to RENEW a permit that was issued in CENTRE COUNTY. No response. She tells me that we're going to need to do NEW permits and that they don't issue any permits unless you have a full carry license with zero restrictions from your home state. She then tells me that the Sheriff is off until Monday and she asks permission to photocopy all of our applications and permits and driver's licenses and she'll go over it with him on Monday. I was a little confused so I asked "Then what?" and she tells me that IF she (the lady at the desk referred to the Sheriff as a he and a she but the picture on the wall was definitely a he. Maybe it's an out dated photo and he had the Kaitlyn Jenner special. No idea.) will approve them we can just run back in and do pictures, signatures and pay for them. I said, "We've been in the car for 5 hours! How about we do all of that now and you just see if the sheriff will approve them on Monday." She finally agrees and we basically start over. With stops at Cabelas off of 78, Enck's Gun Barn and Shyda's and traffic it was 12 hours of driving for us and I'm pretty sure they are going to deny us on Monday. So needless to say I'm calling Centre County and planning another road trip to PA.

#26 thetalonguy

thetalonguy

Sharp Shooter!

• 409 posts
  • LocationNassau County

Posted June 15 2018 - 01:39 PM

^^^Wow...just wow man. I’m sorry you had to go through that. Thanks for sharing; I was going to take the ride today, but a more pressing matter came up. Glad I didn’t make the trip, but would’ve been full steam ahead to Centre.

It’s crazy the crap we have to do! We NEED national reciprocity!
  • Mr. Shotgun likes this

#27 M_F

M_F

Sharp Shooter!

• 420 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted June 16 2018 - 10:22 PM

That's a good question...I own my own home here in NYC and don't know if 1PP will require me to forfeit my pistol license if I decide to make the weekend home in PA my primary residence? 

A neighbor of mine owns a weekend home out in CT and has made it his primary residence and registered his cars there (for lower car insurance), but he spends most of his time here in NYC. I'm no sure how it would affect me?

Any thoughts? In my mind I don't see why I shouldn't be able to maintain my NYC permit so as long as I own a home here, pay income and property taxes here and spend most of my time here for work and family.

On another note, according to NYC's Rifle Shotgun section, I can keep my long gun permit and they would have no problem putting a PA address on it so that in the event I need to transport my long guns to my home in NYC I wouldn't be breaking any laws.

I think that getting a Non Driver's Identification card once you have a PA address would benefit you in PA, that way you can purchase firearms that may not be legal in NY and keep them/use them for your PA residence. Read about the Osterweil case. Ironically our "win" in Osterweil was used against us by the corrupt courts in the NYSRPA case against NYC regarding NYC residents transporting their licensed handguns to their home upstate. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: non resident ccw, ccw, out of state

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users