Spring Turkey Season 2018 Opening Day - Hunting - Open Discussions - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Spring Turkey Season 2018 Opening Day

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 leftjammer

leftjammer

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 2643 posts
  • LocationNew Hyde Park

Posted April 30 2018 - 08:28 AM

And this is what it looks like today -

32 degrees and 3 inches of snow already.... and its still coming down. LOL

camp.jpg

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • 11248 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted April 30 2018 - 09:35 AM

I have no snow sticking around here in Sullivan County. Seen turkey strutting in the fields about 2 weeks now. I might hunt my other property since this weekend I had friends over riding ATVs and shooting guns. I know the weather will warm up tomorrow around 70 degrees tomorrow. I always felt the DEC should open the season in the second week of April. Trees are starting to bloom this week. Temperatures are expected to be 80 degrees on Wednesday.

#3 leftjammer

leftjammer

Gun Guru

• 2643 posts
  • LocationNew Hyde Park

Posted April 30 2018 - 11:33 AM

Gonna be an interesting day tomorrow, supposed to get near 80. Wonder how much of this snow will be around in the am. We got 4 inches now. Seemed to have stopped

#4 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 11248 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted April 30 2018 - 03:18 PM

Gonna be an interesting day tomorrow, supposed to get near 80. Wonder how much of this snow will be around in the am. We got 4 inches now. Seemed to have stopped

The snow stopped, didn't stick around in my area. A local was talking about the city folks are back up for the Turkey season. I did see a few different DEC ENCON vehicles driving around on Saturday and Sunday . I guess they're checking up on those private properties that they know of. It's good to see hunters are making a comeback to the Catskills.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users