Shockwave v. Tac-14 - Pump [Shotguns] - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Shockwave v. Tac-14

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 set2374

set2374

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 853 posts
  • LocationEast Rockaway

Posted March 08 2018 - 06:12 PM

Hey guys,

I have been seeing some really good prices for both the Shockwave and Tac-14 recently.   Neither really held much interest for me when they first were released, but it's just a matter of time before the gun grabbers start to view these as "assault weapons".   They also seem to be reliable and accurate.   I don't know anyone that owns either of these guns, but I would love to hear some owner feedback.   Which is the better of these two options and should I get it in 12 or 20 gauge.  Thoughts and advice would be appreciated.

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 Camaro45th

Camaro45th

Gun Guru

• 1747 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted March 08 2018 - 08:38 PM

Hey guys,

I have been seeing some really good prices for both the Shockwave and Tac-14 recently. Neither really held much interest for me when they first were released, but it's just a matter of time before the gun grabbers start to view these as "assault weapons". They also seem to be reliable and accurate. I don't know anyone that owns either of these guns, but I would love to hear some owner feedback. Which is the better of these two options and should I get it in 12 or 20 gauge. Thoughts and advice would be appreciated.

I believe a friend of mine has the 20 gauge mossberg. He said he likes it. I’ve toyed with the idea of picking one up, but I feel like for such a small length weapon, would a 12 gauge be too much recoil? I really like the idea of a 20 gauge. I’d like to try hmmm friends out whenever I see him next.

#3 Peconic Paladin

Peconic Paladin

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • 2151 posts

Posted March 08 2018 - 10:53 PM

I’ve sold them. The gun is gimmicky. Use it for backpacking or traveling in places you can’t have a pistol. Recoil alone would make me choose 20. Just like I only suggest 22lr and 22wmr for the Henry mares leg and Ross ranch hand

#4 set2374

set2374

Gun Guru

• 853 posts
  • LocationEast Rockaway

Posted March 09 2018 - 11:20 AM

I’ve sold them. The gun is gimmicky. Use it for backpacking or traveling in places you can’t have a pistol. Recoil alone would make me choose 20. Just like I only suggest 22lr and 22wmr for the Henry mares leg and Ross ranch hand

Thanks for the tip.  I have watched a ton of YouTube videos where the vloggers claim the 12gauge is a lot easier to handle then you might expect.  I would probably use it as an "under the bed' gun in case I don't have time to get my AR out of the safe.   

#5 4DR ZR1

4DR ZR1

Gunowner

• Established Member
  • 25 posts

Posted March 17 2018 - 09:09 PM

Recoil shouldn't be so much of an issue. It's not a range gun, it's for self defense. 00buck recoil is not bad in the Tac 14.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#6 zzrguy

zzrguy

That Guy

• Administrators
  • Others: Club LIF Member

• 11496 posts
  • LocationIn a dark corner in the center of my happy place.

Posted March 18 2018 - 09:41 AM

I like the Tac14 with the wood furniture looks old school.

• Peconic Paladin likes this

#7 LarryD23

LarryD23

Gun Guru

• 985 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted March 18 2018 - 11:37 AM

Has any sampled the Remington or Mossberg magazine fed shotguns...

remington870_detachable_magazines.jpg

http://www.rem870.co...e-fed-shotguns/

http://www.mossberg....s/590m-mag-fed/

• Peconic Paladin likes this

#8 Peconic Paladin

Peconic Paladin

Gun Guru

• 2151 posts

Posted March 18 2018 - 01:19 PM

Thanks for the tip.  I have watched a ton of YouTube videos where the vloggers claim the 12gauge is a lot easier to handle then you might expect.  I would probably use it as an "under the bed' gun in case I don't have time to get my AR out of the safe.

Why don’t you just keep the AR under the bed?
  • LarryD23 likes this

#9 notphilivey

notphilivey

Marksman

• Established Member
  • 86 posts
  • Locationnassau county

Posted November 02 2020 - 12:01 PM

I’ve owned both. Definitely go with 20 gage. Less recoil. These guns are not so easy to aim but with practice you can hit a target from 30 feet. The Tac 14 has smoother action and the magpul for re-loading. . Mossberg gives you an extra round and the tang safety. Both triggers excellent. I prefer the Mossberg but would buy whichever becomes available first.

#10 only7rounds2

only7rounds2

Respected Gunowner

• 218 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted November 02 2020 - 12:17 PM

The Mossberg all the way. because.

MINI SHELLS with the adapter. Very low recoil, get the job done, holds more rounds.

#11 notphilivey

notphilivey

Marksman

• Established Member
  • 86 posts
  • Locationnassau county

Posted November 02 2020 - 08:12 PM

I have to get that adapter

#12 only7rounds2

only7rounds2

Respected Gunowner

• 218 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted November 02 2020 - 10:14 PM

I have to get that adapter

12 Ga only

#13 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 11245 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted November 03 2020 - 11:02 AM

The Mossberg all the way. because.

MINI SHELLS with the adapter. Very low recoil, get the job done, holds more rounds.

The new Federal Mini shells are very good. Excellent performance!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users