First AR, rounds not ejecting? SOLVED - Page 3 - AR - [Rifles] - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

First AR, rounds not ejecting? SOLVED

dsi fte eject

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

#41 Shotgun682

Shotgun682

LIF Official Supporter

• Club LIF Member
  • 2345 posts

Posted March 23 2018 - 07:30 PM

What did they claim they did to repair the rifle?

# Advertisement

Advertisement
  • Topic Starter

Posted A minute ago

#42 kdog

kdog

Advanced Member

• Established Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted March 23 2018 - 07:42 PM

“Replaced buffer” was the only note the guy left.

#43 Localx

Localx

Respected Gunowner

• Topic Starter
  • Established Member + Classifieds
  • 246 posts

Posted March 23 2018 - 07:56 PM

Get your money back....
  • Dunlin, Swstock and kdog like this

#44 kdog

kdog

Advanced Member

• Topic Starter
  • Established Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted March 23 2018 - 07:59 PM

Stovepiping / jamming:

Bolt not cycling:

#45 kdog

kdog

Advanced Member

• Established Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted March 23 2018 - 08:05 PM

Get your money back....

Guess I'll have to try that. It's past the 30 day return window, but I brought it in to them for repair well before that. What a crappy experience the whole thing has been. I should've listened to everybody who said not to buy from DSI.  Literally the first round I fired today jammed. This is after their gunsmith said it was 100% good. Maybe they only test fire with "fancy" ammo?  Am I wrong to expect the gun to shoot any off the shelf ammo?

#46 zzrguy

zzrguy

That Guy

• Topic Starter
  • Administrators
  • Others: Club LIF Member

• 11497 posts
  • LocationIn a dark corner in the center of my happy place.

Posted March 23 2018 - 09:30 PM

Hey does it happen with a full mag. I've had P-mags with way to much spring pressure pushing the next round on the bolt do you have other mags. I've cut up to 3 loops out of some to make the function right. Pm me if you have any question.

The gun should be perfect bring it back again. And bring the mag and ammo show them what is happening.

• kdog likes this

#47 kdog

kdog

Advanced Member

• Established Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted March 23 2018 - 09:40 PM

I tried today with the original mag that came with the gun, and also with a brand new Pmag, just taken out of the bag for the first time.  Same issue on both. Also tried both the Federal 5.56 and the Federal .223 and same crap on both.  Looking at that 2nd video again I see the round that was ejected when I pulled back the bolt wasn't even fired - there was a shot from another stall at the same time. The trigger just didn't do anything when I pulled it.  

At this point I feel like I already wasted enough time with them, especially with them only having a gunsmith on site one day a week. I'm out of town this weekend so can't get it there tomorrow, so don't know who I'd even show it to, since tomorrow is the only day the guy is there.  

Someone from DSI is obviously aware of the issue since they replied to this thread already but they don't seem to care about getting it resolved, which to me is the worst part of the whole ordeal. Maybe I can find someone to buy this thing and I can get something else.  This thing is a lemon and they don't seem to care.

#48 Shotgun682

Shotgun682

LIF Official Supporter

• Club LIF Member
  • 2345 posts

Posted March 23 2018 - 10:12 PM

If you used a credit card , call them file a dispute

#49 zzrguy

zzrguy

That Guy

• Topic Starter
  • Administrators
  • Others: Club LIF Member

• 11497 posts
  • LocationIn a dark corner in the center of my happy place.

Posted March 23 2018 - 10:17 PM

I tried today with the original mag that came with the gun, and also with a brand new Pmag, just taken out of the bag for the first time.  Same issue on both. Also tried both the Federal 5.56 and the Federal .223 and same crap on both.  Looking at that 2nd video again I see the round that was ejected when I pulled back the bolt wasn't even fired - there was a shot from another stall at the same time. The trigger just didn't do anything when I pulled it.  

At this point I feel like I already wasted enough time with them, especially with them only having a gunsmith on site one day a week. I'm out of town this weekend so can't get it there tomorrow, so don't know who I'd even show it to, since tomorrow is the only day the guy is there.  

Someone from DSI is obviously aware of the issue since they replied to this thread already but they don't seem to care about getting it resolved, which to me is the worst part of the whole ordeal. Maybe I can find someone to buy this thing and I can get something else.  This thing is a lemon and they don't seem to care.

I hear you I would expect it to be fixed too.

If you get to the range again try loading 2 rounds see if you have the issue if not try that a couple more times then try three a couple of time then 4 and so on till you have the issue if it not doing it with 3 or 4 round in the mag or 5 or 6then start with say 7 go back to 6 acouple of times if it run with 6 (or on less then when ever it start ) it the mag causeing some/all of the issue. 

#50 kdog

kdog

Advanced Member

• Established Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted March 23 2018 - 10:23 PM

It happened with 10 in the mag, 5 in the mag, and 3 in the mag. And once when there was only 1 in the mag, the empty casing didn't eject , just "sat" in the chamber with no round behind it. Before I shot those videos tonight I already had at least 7 or 8 jams and I only loaded maybe 20 total rounds.  Every jam = a wasted round since it would bend the next round that was chambered.

Looks like I won't be able to get over there until Thursday PM next week since they close before I get home from work most other nights. I'll see if there's someone I can talk to. Hopefully it won't come to having to dispute the charge. I don't want to screw them over, at this point I just want them to make it right one way or another.  Buy it back, give me a refund, or just swap it for a different gun.  But so far the level of service has been awful, so I'm not expecting any of that.

#51 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 11312 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted March 24 2018 - 06:02 AM

It happened with 10 in the mag, 5 in the mag, and 3 in the mag. And once when there was only 1 in the mag, the empty casing didn't eject , just "sat" in the chamber with no round behind it. Before I shot those videos tonight I already had at least 7 or 8 jams and I only loaded maybe 20 total rounds.  Every jam = a wasted round since it would bend the next round that was chambered.

Looks like I won't be able to get over there until Thursday PM next week since they close before I get home from work most other nights. I'll see if there's someone I can talk to. Hopefully it won't come to having to dispute the charge. I don't want to screw them over, at this point I just want them to make it right one way or another.  Buy it back, give me a refund, or just swap it for a different gun.  But so far the level of service has been awful, so I'm not expecting any of that.

Someone from DSI must know because they responded to this thread. They can't say they're not active on the forum with a reply to you and plugging the next Utah class.
The old LIF guys would bash DSI constantly. The owner at this point should do the right thing. I hope he's like the owner from Henry Arms. He will either fix it or refund the money.

#52 LarryD23

LarryD23

Gun Guru

• 985 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted March 24 2018 - 10:41 AM

I used to have a problem with stovepipes when shooting my .22 cal Beretta 9M. Turns out the problem wasn't the gun, it was the shooter (me). Sometimes there is a tendency to 'limp wrist' your grip when firing low recoil calibers/rounds. The result is the gun doesn't cycle properly and fails to eject. 

Something else to consider...

#53 Localx

Localx

Respected Gunowner

• 246 posts

Posted March 24 2018 - 11:20 AM

You don't want to screw them over? Screw them. Customer service is paramount in any business. Good customer service is a marketing platform that will get you more customers! If I was a representative from DSI, I would be all over this.
  • TJ Ironhorse likes this

#54 Shotgun682

Shotgun682

LIF Official Supporter

• Topic Starter
  • Club LIF Member
  • 2345 posts

Posted March 24 2018 - 12:16 PM

It baffles me but doesn't surprise me one bit that they would change the buffer. I am sure it came with a standard weight buffer. Unless it's overgassed and if they replaced it with a heavy buffer to slow it down a little but that really doesn't work. In that case they should have either replaced the barrel or installed an adjustable gas block.

Overgassed and undergassed can cause the same problems.

Take a close look at the extractor, extractor spring. Check the ejector function.

They have been building these rifles for a while
They should know what works and what doesn't work.

I am thinking it's a bunch of low budget(Chinese) parts thrown together with a high price tag.

If you want to borrow a BCG PM me and I will make it happen.

Edited by Shotgun682, March 24 2018 - 12:24 PM.

#55 kdog

kdog

Advanced Member

• Established Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted March 24 2018 - 01:07 PM

Thinking back to my first post on this forum;

http://www.longislan...m/?fromsearch=1

Guess I chose wrong. 😂

#56 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • 11312 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted March 24 2018 - 03:04 PM

It baffles me but doesn't surprise me one bit that they would change the buffer. I am sure it came with a standard weight buffer. Unless it's overgassed and if they replaced it with a heavy buffer to slow it down a little but that really doesn't work. In that case they should have either replaced the barrel or installed an adjustable gas block.
Overgassed and undergassed can cause the same problems.
Take a close look at the extractor, extractor spring. Check the ejector function.
They have been building these rifles for a while
They should know what works and what doesn't work.
I am thinking it's a bunch of low budget(Chinese) parts thrown together with a high price tag.
If you want to borrow a BCG PM me and I will make it happen.

I heard that the parts are cheap from the Asian Rim with a high price tag also. If you want to save money made with better parts look at Palmetto State Armory. I purchased my AR from DSI and the AR was slapped together poorly. The AR was loose, I pointed it out to the salesman. I highly doubt they test fire the ARs. I did have a problem but was lucky getting it fixed while I waited.
  • Swstock likes this

#57 kdog

kdog

Advanced Member

• Established Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted March 24 2018 - 03:07 PM

The fact that they can’t fix anything except onsatirdays is a big problem.
  • TJ Ironhorse likes this

#58 mrprovy

mrprovy

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • Donated Member
  • 2604 posts
  • LocationSelden

Posted March 24 2018 - 03:19 PM

Sounds like a gas issue; maybe they didn't install the gas block straight or the gas Port or hole are improperly drilled/sized. Either way, you should have gotten it back operational with any factory brass ammo. Federal is as good as it gets, especially for practice/training
  • DarkStorm and kdog like this

#59 kdog

kdog

Advanced Member

• Topic Starter
  • Established Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted March 24 2018 - 09:41 PM

Looks relevant: https://www.ar15.com...59790/#i5364075

#60 kdog

kdog

Advanced Member

• Established Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted March 25 2018 - 04:11 PM

Ok, brought it back to DSI again today and asked to talk to a manager or someone to explain the issue fully.  Talked to someone who seemed to know what he was talking about (didn't look confused when I said "stovepipe" like the previous guy did when I dropped it off).  He loaded up 20 rounds of their ammo and took it into their range, and it jammed on the 8th round he fired (I was pretty relieved it happened to him and wasn't just some curse of mine).  He said he would personally test it before returning it, but the gunsmith won't be in until Saturday.

According to him, whoever worked on my gun last week no longer works there. Sounds like they had some kind of... personnel issue.  Anyway, here's hoping it turns out better this time.  Still not happy with how this has been handled so far but hopefully they make it right.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dsi, fte, eject

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users