Live Fire Class For Florida Resident/Non-Resident CCW & Arizona Resident CCW - LIF Sponsors/Ad Placements -Please Support them! - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Live Fire Class For Florida Resident/Non-Resident CCW & Arizona Resident CCW

live fire ccw

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 HunterSports

HunterSports

Advanced Member

• Forum Sponsor
  • Others: Established Member
  • 42 posts

Posted January 17 2018 - 06:25 PM

AMD Training Live Fire
Proficiency Class

Friday January 19th,  2018
6pm-10pm
Nassau County Rifle & Pistol Range
Mitchell Athletic Complex
1 Charles Lindbergh Boulevard
Uniondale, NY 11553
For Information Or To Reserve A Slot,
Please Call  (516) 799-7923

MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
A Current, Valid NYS Pistol Permit

Get Your Required Live-Fire Certificate For The Florida
Resident/Non-Resident CCW License Or Arizona Non-Resident CCW License.
This is a pass/fail proficiency class and is NON-REFUNDABLE. If you
fail, it will be an additional $25 to attempt to requalify.

You must bring your Current Valid NYS License, NYS licensed handgun
and a minimum of 50 rounds of ammunition with you.
You must bring eye and ear protection with you.
Range fees, course materials and targets will be provided to you.

$50.00 Per Person

Attached Files

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 rocknat

rocknat

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 4251 posts

Posted January 17 2018 - 06:33 PM

Is this class good to get a Connecticut non resident license?

#3 LarryD23

LarryD23

Gun Guru

• 985 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted January 17 2018 - 08:11 PM

Is this class good to get a Connecticut non resident license?

Don't think so... I believe that Connecticut has the same requirement for a non-resident license as it does for a resident license:

"You are required to complete a handgun safety course, which must consist of no less than the NRA's "Basic Pistol Course," prior to submitting the application. The NRA's "Home Firearms Safety Course" and "First Steps Pistol Orientation Program" are not approved courses. "

http://www.ct.gov/de...a=4213&q=494620

On the plus side, the NRA Basic Pistol course is pretty good.

#4 CJ

CJ

SUPER STAR

• Donated Member
  • Others:
  • 5508 posts
  • LocationTampa/Nassau

Posted January 17 2018 - 10:20 PM

I took the wife to get her Florida resident license and she had to go to the range and qualify with "live fire". Live fire consisted of walking into the shooting lane and the instuctor handing her a loaded .22 pistol and him saying "point it that way and pull the trigger....next"

#5 citypaul1

citypaul1

Sharp Shooter!

• Donated Member
  • Others:
  • 441 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted January 18 2018 - 05:20 AM

For Florida non-residents license, if you completed a nys hunter safety course you can use that as a acceptable proof instead of this course.

(h) Demonstrates competence with a firearm by any one of the following:
1. Completion of any hunter education or hunter safety course approved by the Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission or a similar agency of another state;
2. Completion of any National Rifle Association firearms safety or training course;
3. Completion of any firearms safety or training course or class available to the general public offered by a law enforcement agency, junior college, college, or private or public institution or organization or firearms training school, using instructors certified by the National Rifle Association, Criminal Justice Standards and Training Commission, or the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services;
  • NRATC53 likes this

#6 rocknat

rocknat

Gun Guru

• 4251 posts

Posted January 18 2018 - 05:59 AM

Don't think so... I believe that Connecticut has the same requirement for a non-resident license as it does for a resident license:

"You are required to complete a handgun safety course, which must consist of no less than the NRA's "Basic Pistol Course," prior to submitting the application. The NRA's "Home Firearms Safety Course" and "First Steps Pistol Orientation Program" are not approved courses. "

http://www.ct.gov/de...a=4213&q=494620

On the plus side, the NRA Basic Pistol course is pretty good.. 

Ok Thanks I will start looking for an NRA basic pistol class. I only have the NRA first pistol. Even though I did have live fire during the class.

#7 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 11312 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted January 18 2018 - 07:58 AM

My friends were at the Utah class hosted by Hunter Sports. The New Hampshire license is also good in Pennsylvania. Definitely a good class they said, hopefully they can go Friday and get the Florida CCW.

#8 NRATC53

NRATC53

Now an Ex NYer

• Donated Member
  • 24777 posts

Posted January 18 2018 - 08:03 AM

I took the wife to get her Florida resident license and she had to go to the range and qualify with "live fire". Live fire consisted of walking into the shooting lane and the instuctor handing her a loaded .22 pistol and him saying "point it that way and pull the trigger....next"

When my Mom expressed interest in getting her Fl Resident license, I took the course first. Sat there like a Noob, and then told her it was a good course. Wanted her to get something worthwhile. Fl courses run from the great to the WTF, are you kidding? Funny part is, they won't accept a NRA Instructor or TC rating, even though both require  (quite a bit of) Live fire

#9 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 11312 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted January 18 2018 - 08:15 AM

When my Mom expressed interest in getting her Fl Resident license, I took the course first. Sat there like a Noob, and then told her it was a good course. Wanted her to get something worthwhile. Fl courses run from the great to the WTF, are you kidding? Funny part is, they won't accept a NRA Instructor or TC rating, even though both require (quite a bit of) Live fire

Florida did accept a Hunter Safety Course, Military Discharge or Law Enforcement.
That is odd being an NRA instructor doesn't mean anything to them.

#10 Peconic Paladin

Peconic Paladin

Gun Guru

• 2151 posts

Posted January 18 2018 - 09:25 AM

Fl courses run from the great to the WTF, are you kidding? Funny part is, they won't accept a NRA Instructor or TC rating, even though both require  (quite a bit of) Live fire

I love that scale you marked out.

For the other part, do you mean they wouldn't just accept that you were a TC or Instructor as proof? In the past, and the language of the statute, they accept "any" NRA course.

#11 NRATC53

NRATC53

Now an Ex NYer

• Donated Member
  • 24777 posts

Posted January 18 2018 - 03:33 PM

Florida did accept a Hunter Safety Course, Military Discharge or Law Enforcement.
That is odd being an NRA instructor doesn't mean anything to them.

I love that scale you marked out.

For the other part, do you mean they wouldn't just accept that you were a TC or Instructor as proof? In the past, and the language of the statute, they accept "any" NRA course.

Yes, That's why I took the course first, then sent Mom. It was funny- I sat there and didn't tip my hand, asked 1 or 2 questions specific to Florida, but when it came time to shoot, I did so, and the RSO looked at me and said "I think you've done this before" That's when I told him about the TC thing and why I sat through it. I also told him they ran a good class, and I could recommend them to anyone without reservation. He looked at me for a few seconds, then reached out his hand and said thank you.

I called the State Ag department, division of licensing, and they said no as well. I could have pushed the issue and succeeded, but it wasn't that hard to come up with acceptable proof

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: live fire, ccw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users