Ruger PCC-9 9mm Carbine In-Stock At Hunter Sports - Page 3 - LIF Sponsors/Ad Placements -Please Support them! - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Ruger PCC-9 9mm Carbine In-Stock At Hunter Sports

ruger 9mm carbine pcc-9

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#41 Brooklynite

Brooklynite

Sharp Shooter!

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 463 posts

Posted January 16 2018 - 10:35 AM

For everyone worked up over using this carbine for hunting, it has a replaceable magwell, bolt face, and recoil spring. So there’s a chance Ruger will release a 10mm conversion kit in the future.
  • boosti likes this

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#42 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 11310 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted January 16 2018 - 11:08 AM

A niche market of clowns who want to use the wrong tool does not qualify as "popular". 9mm is NOT a "popular" deer hunting cartridge. Are a lot of 9mm's marketed as hunting rifles? Hunting deer with .357mag or 44mag is relatively popular, but those cartridges provide about twice the muzzle energy of +P 9mm, from a carbine. They are in a completely different class from 9mm.

Wow, really calling gun owners clowns. All your years of carrying a handgun and deer hunting makes you the expert on all things. Bravo!

#43 fenucho

fenucho

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 1290 posts
  • LocationAdirondaks

Posted January 16 2018 - 11:17 AM

What makes 9MM a better choice than .243, .308, etc?

Honey, I don't have a 9mm carbine; I want one?...   NO!

Since you can't touch my pistols, you can use it for the house since that 12ga hurts you so much.

OK honey, you're so considerate.  :)

• ProGodProGunProLife likes this

#44 ProGodProGunProLife

ProGodProGunProLife

Gun Guru

• LIF Site Moderator
  • Others: Club LIF Member

• 7055 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted January 16 2018 - 11:22 AM

Wow, really calling gun owners clowns. All your years of carrying a handgun and deer hunting makes you the expert on all things. Bravo!

Are you saying that no gun owners are clowns?  Are all hunters smart, sensible, ethical and responsible?  There a thousands of irresponsible hunters, who bait, trespass, shoot at rustling noise, shoot after sundown, shoot without knowing what's beyond their target or identifying their target, etc. who have taken more game than you.   Does that make their practices sound?

I am not calling gun owners clowns.  I am calling people who make 9mm their cartridge of choice for hunting deer, clowns.  

#45 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 11310 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted January 16 2018 - 11:29 AM

Are you saying that no gun owners are clowns?  Are all hunters smart, sensible, ethical and responsible?  There a thousands of irresponsible hunters, who bait, trespass, shoot at rustling noise, shoot after sundown, shoot without knowing what's beyond their target or identifying their target, etc. who have taken more game than you.   Does that make their practices sound?

I am not calling gun owners clowns.  I am calling people who make 9mm their cartridge of choice for hunting deer, clowns.

The thread was about the new PCC which is 9mm. I have seen PCC in use down in Texas. This is why I question your experience because you have no experience using handguns or even deer hunting.

#46 ProGodProGunProLife

ProGodProGunProLife

Gun Guru

• LIF Site Moderator

• 7055 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted January 16 2018 - 12:00 PM

The thread was about the new PCC which is 9mm. I have seen PCC in use down in Texas. This is why I question your experience because you have no experience using handguns or even deer hunting.

Anyone who can read, and knows anything about guns and has researched the ballistics knows that 9mm is an extremely subpar choice for deer hunting.  Just because some idiot, somewhere does it, that does not make it a wise choice.   As I have said, there are many highly experienced jackasses out there who do a lot of stupid things while hunting.  Some people deer hunt with 22LR.  

#47 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 11310 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted January 16 2018 - 12:14 PM

Anyone who can read, and knows anything about guns and has researched the ballistics knows that 9mm is an extremely subpar choice for deer hunting.  Just because some idiot, somewhere does it, that does not make it a wise choice.   As I have said, there are many highly experienced jackasses out there who do a lot of stupid things while hunting.  Some people deer hunt with 22LR.

You have no real world experience in handguns or hunting. It's just an opinion you have of hunters and using the 9mm.

#48 ProGodProGunProLife

ProGodProGunProLife

Gun Guru

• LIF Site Moderator

• 7055 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted January 16 2018 - 01:16 PM

You have no real world experience in handguns or hunting. It's just an opinion you have of hunters and using the 9mm.

An opinion shared by nearly every hunter and hunting expert in America.  What gun makers market 9mm deer hunting rifles?

#49 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 11310 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted January 16 2018 - 01:29 PM

An opinion shared by nearly every hunter and hunting expert in America.  What gun makers market 9mm deer hunting rifles?

PCC sell just fine. The 9mm caliber is the most popular pistol caliber in the U.S.A. so you know.
Since you don't hunt or own handguns you can't speak from your experience.

#50 ProGodProGunProLife

ProGodProGunProLife

Gun Guru

• LIF Site Moderator

• 7055 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted January 16 2018 - 02:13 PM

PCC sell just fine. The 9mm caliber is the most popular pistol caliber in the U.S.A. so you know.

There aren't really that many 9mm PCCs on the market, that is why we are so excited about the new Ruger product.  I think 9mm PCCs are a great option for a variety of purposes, Great family HD option, especially in a state like NY where options are legally limited, fun range or plinking gun, trunk gun (where legal) to name a few.  That is how they are marketed a what the vast majority of buyers purchase them for.

But I don't see any 9mm carbines or rifles being marketed as deer hunting rifles.  

#51 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 11310 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted January 16 2018 - 03:12 PM

There aren't really that many 9mm PCCs on the market, that is why we are so excited about the new Ruger product.  I think 9mm PCCs are a great option for a variety of purposes, Great family HD option, especially in a state like NY where options are legally limited, fun range or plinking gun, trunk gun (where legal) to name a few.  That is how they are marketed a what the vast majority of buyers purchase them for.

But I don't see any 9mm carbines or rifles being marketed as deer hunting rifles.

PCC are very popular just like the Black rifle for hunting. They weren't marketed as deer hunting rifles.
You have zero experience as a hunter or handgun owner.

#52 ProGodProGunProLife

ProGodProGunProLife

Gun Guru

• LIF Site Moderator

• 7055 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted January 16 2018 - 03:56 PM

PCC are very popular just like the Black rifle for hunting. They weren't marketed as deer hunting rifles.
You have zero experience as a hunter or handgun owner.

Again, 9mm is NOT a very popular deer cartridge.   The vast majority of hunters like to use equipment that is designed for and well suited to deer hunting.  

#53 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 11310 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted January 16 2018 - 04:09 PM

Again, 9mm is NOT a very popular deer cartridge.   The vast majority of hunters like to use equipment that is designed for and well suited to deer hunting.

Since you brought up using Hunting equipment.

#54 M_F

M_F

Sharp Shooter!

• 420 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted January 16 2018 - 06:11 PM

Yep, hence the “who knows?”
That’s pretty much exactly what happened to me when I wanted to buy an original Ruger PC carbine a few years ago.
I was first told by the rifle/shotgun section that it was 100% legal and A-OK, so I contacted a member on here and said I’d be happy to buy the carbine he had up for sale. Just to be safe, before I made the purchase I called the rifle/shotgun section a 2nd time... this time I was told “Absolutely Not!” 100% illegal.

I’ll actually email them about this new carbine, so if I get approval I’ll have it in writing.

NYPD might initially deny the registration but if you push them and stand your ground they might eventually cave in. This was the case with the ARES SCR which was intially "labeled" an AR style rifle by NYPD even though the actual firearm (receiver) is build differently than the typical AR and it has no "evil features". 

https://www.ammoland.../#axzz54ON4nFHJ

Let us know how it goes. 

#55 only7rounds

only7rounds

• Guests
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted January 16 2018 - 06:20 PM

NYPD might initially deny the registration but if you push them and stand your ground they might eventually cave in. This was the case with the ARES SCR which was intially "labeled" an AR style rifle by NYPD even though the actual firearm (receiver) is build differently than the typical AR and it has no "evil features". 

https://www.ammoland.../#axzz54ON4nFHJ

Let us know how it goes. 

Still gonna need a 5 round magazine.

#56 M_F

M_F

Sharp Shooter!

• 420 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted January 16 2018 - 06:24 PM

Correct, a couple of NYC residents in other forums had to provide the rifle/shotgun section a copy of a receipt for a 5 round magazine from the FFL. 

#57 fenucho

fenucho

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 1290 posts
  • LocationAdirondaks

Posted January 16 2018 - 08:40 PM

Well, the 9mm might be considered the best, but the 22 LR is the most popular by sales.

(was actually a test question that I got wrong  :fie )

Edited by fenucho, January 16 2018 - 08:41 PM.

#58 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 11310 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted January 16 2018 - 09:41 PM

Well, the 9mm might be considered the best, but the 22 LR is the most popular by sales.

(was actually a test question that I got wrong  :fie )

At least you're not saying it's not the best Deer Hunting caliber.

#59 fenucho

fenucho

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 1290 posts
  • LocationAdirondaks

Posted January 17 2018 - 07:08 AM

:laugh:    :rofl    :laugh:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ruger, 9mm, carbine, pcc-9

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users