Ruger PCC-9 9mm Carbine In-Stock At Hunter Sports - Page 2 - LIF Sponsors/Ad Placements -Please Support them! - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Ruger PCC-9 9mm Carbine In-Stock At Hunter Sports

ruger 9mm carbine pcc-9

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#21 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 11308 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted January 15 2018 - 10:25 AM

If Ruger starts producing NYC legal 5rd mags. I’ll pick one up immediately. (Or can I legally block a g26 mag to 5rds?)
It is much uglier than it needs to be. But once the aftermarket gets going we should have more stock options.

A five round magazine will make it legal for Hunting upstate. I hope Ruger makes these available in other calibers like the 10mm.

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#22 ProGodProGunProLife

ProGodProGunProLife

Gun Guru

• LIF Site Moderator
  • Others: Club LIF Member

• 7050 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted January 15 2018 - 11:16 AM

A five round magazine will make it legal for Hunting upstate. I hope Ruger makes these available in other calibers like the 10mm.

Ideal giraffe hunting carbine. :)

#23 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 11308 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted January 15 2018 - 11:22 AM

Ideal giraffe hunting carbine. :)

Yup plenty of loads to the face!
  • ProGodProGunProLife likes this

#24 Shotgun682

Shotgun682

LIF Official Supporter

• Club LIF Member
  • 2345 posts

Posted January 15 2018 - 12:12 PM

For hunting purposes does it have to be permanent? I don't think it does. If you can take the mag apart and add a wooden block the correct length to allow only five rounds you should be gtg for HUNTING purposes.

#25 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 11308 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted January 15 2018 - 02:35 PM

For hunting purposes does it have to be permanent? I don't think it does. If you can take the mag apart and add a wooden block the correct length to allow only five rounds you should be gtg for HUNTING purposes.

Magpul offers them for it's magazine to be compliant for hunting in states that have a 5 round magazine restriction. It probably can be done with a Glock or any magazine with a floor plate.

#26 Brooklynite

Brooklynite

Sharp Shooter!

• 463 posts

Posted January 15 2018 - 02:53 PM

There are companies that make -5 round magazine blocks for glock mags that bring 15rd mags down to 10. So a g26 mag with one installed would be reduced to 5rds.
I can’t remember if the city would allow that or not, I think I remember hearing that mag blocks are considered ok... but who knows?

#27 Shotgun682

Shotgun682

LIF Official Supporter

• Club LIF Member
  • 2345 posts

Posted January 15 2018 - 03:22 PM

There are companies that make -5 round magazine blocks for glock mags that bring 15rd mags down to 10. So a g26 mag with one installed would be reduced to 5rds.
I can’t remember if the city would allow that or not, I think I remember hearing that mag blocks are considered ok... but who knows?

For NYC it would have to be permanent. For hunting it does not need to be permanent

#28 M_F

M_F

Sharp Shooter!

• 420 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted January 15 2018 - 03:48 PM

Call NYPD Rifle/Shotgun section on 3 different days so you can get 3 different answers. If you want to blow your brains out read NYC Title 38 (local gun laws).

Good Luck

• Mr. Shotgun and TJ Ironhorse like this

#29 blue steel

blue steel

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 3754 posts

Posted January 15 2018 - 06:49 PM

MOVE !

#30 set2374

set2374

Gun Guru

• 853 posts
  • LocationEast Rockaway

Posted January 15 2018 - 10:32 PM

I am not sure why people are talking about hunting with a five round 9mm mag. What exactly are you hunting. I hope it's not deer!!!!
  • ProGodProGunProLife likes this

#31 Brooklynite

Brooklynite

Sharp Shooter!

• 463 posts

Posted January 15 2018 - 11:36 PM

Call NYPD Rifle/Shotgun section on 3 different days so you can get 3 different answers. If you want to blow your brains out read NYC Title 38 (local gun laws).

Good Luck

Yep, hence the “who knows?”
That’s pretty much exactly what happened to me when I wanted to buy an original Ruger PC carbine a few years ago.
I was first told by the rifle/shotgun section that it was 100% legal and A-OK, so I contacted a member on here and said I’d be happy to buy the carbine he had up for sale. Just to be safe, before I made the purchase I called the rifle/shotgun section a 2nd time... this time I was told “Absolutely Not!” 100% illegal.

I’ll actually email them about this new carbine, so if I get approval I’ll have it in writing.

#32 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 11308 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted January 16 2018 - 07:02 AM

I am not sure why people are talking about hunting with a five round 9mm mag. What exactly are you hunting. I hope it's not deer!!!!

PCC are very popular today for hog and deer hunting. I see people getting twisted about using a 9mm. I will ask the question, when was the last time you killed a deer.

#33 ProGodProGunProLife

ProGodProGunProLife

Gun Guru

• LIF Site Moderator

• 7050 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted January 16 2018 - 08:30 AM

PCC are very popular today for hog and deer hunting. I see people getting twisted about using a 9mm. I will ask the question, when was the last time you killed a deer.

9MM is one of the WORST cartridges available for deer hunting.  Yeah, it can kill a deer, but it is a silly and unethical choice, when so many FAR superior cartridges are available.  There is simply no good reason to choose 9mm over dozens of better deer hunting cartridges.  

#34 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 11308 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted January 16 2018 - 08:45 AM

9MM is one of the WORST cartridges available for deer hunting.  Yeah, it can kill a deer, but it is a silly and unethical choice, when so many FAR superior cartridges are available.  There is simply no good reason to choose 9mm over dozens of better deer hunting cartridges.

We are talking about PCC. It has a popular following in other states. The 9mm using a good bullet loaded to +P is effective on deer and hogs.
Buffalo Boar, Underwood and Double Tap are just a few companies that load pistol caliber ammunition to high velocity.
I have shot deer with my service G19 and it was a clean ethical harvest. How many deer have you harvested to know about a 9mm?

#35 fenucho

fenucho

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 1290 posts
  • LocationAdirondaks

Posted January 16 2018 - 08:47 AM

Yeah, because an arrow at 30 yds is so much more humane.

I'd take a hollow point over an arrow at 30 yds any day.

#36 ProGodProGunProLife

ProGodProGunProLife

Gun Guru

• LIF Site Moderator

• 7050 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted January 16 2018 - 08:58 AM

We are talking about PCC. It has a popular following in other states. The 9mm using a good bullet loaded to +P is effective on deer and hogs.
Buffalo Boar, Underwood and Double Tap are just a few companies that load pistol caliber ammunition to high velocity.
I have shot deer with my service G19 and it was a clean ethical harvest. How many deer have you harvested to know about a 9mm?

Even those "powerful" 9mm loads provide a fraction of the energy of a low end hunting cartridge.

What makes 9MM a better choice than .243, .308, etc?   

Lots of unethical hunters do lots of silly and unethical things.  It doesn't make those things any less silly or unethical.

#37 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 11308 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted January 16 2018 - 09:03 AM

Even those "powerful" 9mm loads provide a fraction of the energy of a low end hunting cartridge.

What makes 9MM a better choice than .243, .308, etc?   

Lots of unethical hunters do lots of silly and unethical things.  It doesn't make those things any less silly or unethical.

Again, This is for a Pistol Caliber Carbine (PPC) people are using them for years to hunt deer and feral hogs.We can't use your logic of using a .243 or .308 since we are on the topic of using a pistol caliber carbine.

#38 ProGodProGunProLife

ProGodProGunProLife

Gun Guru

• LIF Site Moderator

• 7050 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted January 16 2018 - 09:21 AM

Again, This is for a Pistol Caliber Carbine (PPC) people are using them for years to hunt deer and feral hogs.We can't use your logic of using a .243 or .308 since we are on the topic of using a pistol caliber carbine.

There is no good reason to use a PCC, especially one in 9MM, to hunt deer.   You can use a wrench to drive nails, but a sensible person uses a hammer.  If all you have is a wrench, fine.  If someone whose only gun was a 9mm carbine wanted to use it for hunting deer, it would still be a bad idea, but it would be at least understandable.  But, when someone already has far superior tools for deer hunting and decides "I'll buy a 9mm Carbine a go deer hunting." it is a completely irrational and illogical choice.     There are no advantages to using 9mm and many disadvantages.

#39 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 11308 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted January 16 2018 - 09:29 AM

There is no good reason to use a PCC, especially one in 9MM, to hunt deer. You can use a wrench to drive nails, but a sensible person uses a hammer. If all you have is a wrench, fine. If someone whose only gun was a 9mm carbine wanted to use it for hunting deer, it would still be a bad idea, but it would be at least understandable. But, when someone already has far superior tools for deer hunting and decides "I'll buy a 9mm Carbine a go deer hunting." it is a completely irrational and illogical choice. There are no advantages to using 9mm and many disadvantages.

I will ask you this, how many years do you have experience in carrying a handgun or Hunting deer?
The handgun debate of the 9mm vs .45 has gone on for years. We have a market for PCC that has a big following among deer and hog hunters. For close shots under 75 yards the PCC is popular.
You haven't answered the question about personal experience with hunting.

#40 ProGodProGunProLife

ProGodProGunProLife

Gun Guru

• LIF Site Moderator

• 7050 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted January 16 2018 - 10:00 AM

I will ask you this, how many years do you have experience in carrying a handgun or Hunting deer?
The handgun debate of the 9mm vs .45 has gone on for years. We have a market for PCC that has a big following among deer and hog hunters. For close shots under 75 yards the PCC is popular.
You haven't answered the question about personal experience with hunting.

A niche market of clowns who want to use the wrong tool does not qualify as "popular".  9mm is NOT a "popular" deer hunting cartridge.  Are a lot of 9mm's marketed as hunting rifles?  Hunting deer with .357mag or 44mag is relatively popular, but those cartridges provide about twice the muzzle energy of +P 9mm, from a carbine.   They are in a completely different class from 9mm.  

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ruger, 9mm, carbine, pcc-9

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users