Ruger PCC-9 9mm Carbine In-Stock At Hunter Sports - LIF Sponsors/Ad Placements -Please Support them! - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Ruger PCC-9 9mm Carbine In-Stock At Hunter Sports

ruger 9mm carbine pcc-9

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#1 HunterSports

HunterSports

Advanced Member

• Forum Sponsor
  • Others: Established Member
  • 42 posts

Posted January 12 2018 - 01:12 PM

19100.jpg

Come See The New Ruger PCC-9 Carbine At Hunter Sports!

LE HighCap/Threaded models in stock,

10 round NY compliant models inbound.

Come see us today!!!!

Hunter Sports, Inc.

4166 Sunrise Highway

Massapequa, NY  11758

(516) 799-7923

www.huntersports.com

• CAP1974, VolkoSupply, TJ Ironhorse and 1 other like this

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 11308 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted January 12 2018 - 01:18 PM

Are dealers allowed to make the threaded barrel permanent and exchange the magazine to a 10 round Glock magazine.

#3 VolkoSupply

VolkoSupply

Gun Guru

• Forum Sponsor
  • Others: Club LIF Member

• 3032 posts

Posted January 12 2018 - 02:23 PM

How does it point?  I really don't like the look of the thing but it seems like it could be a great little rifle.

#4 TJ Ironhorse

TJ Ironhorse

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 2504 posts
  • LocationNorth Massapequa

Posted January 12 2018 - 02:41 PM

Thanks for letting us know. Youre gonna sell a bunch of these for sure. On that note, what is the price?

Edited by TJ Ironhorse, January 12 2018 - 02:42 PM.

#5 SigSauer228

SigSauer228

Gun Guru

• 5873 posts

Posted January 12 2018 - 10:40 PM

I'll wait for Ruger to release one in .45

• TJ Ironhorse likes this

#6 TJ Ironhorse

TJ Ironhorse

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 2504 posts
  • LocationNorth Massapequa

Posted January 12 2018 - 11:00 PM

I'll wait for Ruger to release one in .45

Sig we know its gonna happen. Just a matter of when. I like the idea of th 45 more than the 9 mm

#7 DarkStorm

DarkStorm

Gun Guru

• Forum Sponsor
  • Others: Donated Member

• 2723 posts

Posted January 13 2018 - 11:55 AM

Are dealers allowed to make the threaded barrel permanent and exchange the magazine to a 10 round Glock magazine.

Negative, Federal law prohibits a DEALER from modifying a new inventory item in such a manner.  It can only me modified by a manufacturer.

• TJ Ironhorse and boosti like this

#8 EKGZO

EKGZO

Marksman

• Established Member
  • 65 posts
  • LocationLI

Posted January 13 2018 - 08:35 PM

Negative, Federal law prohibits a DEALER from modifying a new inventory item in such a manner.  It can only me modified by a manufacturer.

I've been looking for this written somewhere. Is it any sort of code or is it written vaguely in some ATF memo?

• dj24hr likes this

#9 SigSauer228

SigSauer228

Gun Guru

• 5873 posts

Posted January 13 2018 - 09:49 PM

Why would you need a dealer to do that when the manufacture is going to release a version that is legal for you to own ?

#10 Camaro45th

Camaro45th

Gun Guru

• 1747 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted January 13 2018 - 10:13 PM

Why would you need a dealer to do that when the manufacture is going to release a version that is legal for you to own ?

probably doesn’t want to wait.
  • boosti and ProGodProGunProLife like this

#11 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 11308 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted January 14 2018 - 07:05 AM

I thought a dealer with a manufacturer license was able to perform minor alterations to make a firearm compliant like what many shops did with AR uppers pinned or weld a barrel.

#12 Camaro45th

Camaro45th

Gun Guru

• 1747 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted January 14 2018 - 08:04 AM

I thought a dealer with a manufacturer license was able to perform minor alterations to make a firearm compliant like what many shops did with AR uppers pinned or weld a barrel.

I could be wrong but isn’t that what happened a few years ago when many of the gun shop owners were arrested for that? Or is that something different?

#13 DarkStorm

DarkStorm

Gun Guru

• Forum Sponsor

• 2723 posts

Posted January 14 2018 - 09:03 AM

A MANUFACTURER can "re-manufacturer" a firearm.  In doing so, they must engrave their license name and location (City State) on the firearm and pay any applicable excise tax (couple ways to calculate, but usually 11% of 75% of the retail of the firearm)  The excise tax is a mess because, generally, you don't know how much credit to take from what the original manufacturer paid.  The way the system is supposed to work is the original manufacturer transfers the firearm without paying any FAET so then the re-manufacturer or upfitter pays the full tax.  There are also additional record keeping and form filing requirements.

Not that it can't be done, but quickly it becomes not economical to do and follow the law.  

#14 DarkStorm

DarkStorm

Gun Guru

• Forum Sponsor

• 2723 posts

Posted January 14 2018 - 09:04 AM

I could be wrong but isn’t that what happened a few years ago when many of the gun shop owners were arrested for that? Or is that something different?

Yes and no.  Like most things, it was much more complicated. 

#15 DarkStorm

DarkStorm

Gun Guru

• Forum Sponsor

• 2723 posts

Posted January 14 2018 - 09:06 AM

I've been looking for this written somewhere. Is it any sort of code or is it written vaguely in some ATF memo?

It's written into a lot of different sections of the federal law.  The ATF has issued a number of memo's and clarifications over the years.  We requested a clarification on it about the Beretta M9A3 (threaded barrel).  PM me your email and I will send you a copy of the response.

#16 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 11308 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted January 15 2018 - 06:51 AM

It's written into a lot of different sections of the federal law.  The ATF has issued a number of memo's and clarifications over the years.  We requested a clarification on it about the Beretta M9A3 (threaded barrel).  PM me your email and I will send you a copy of the response.

Threaded barrels on a semi automatic pistol are not allowed.
One of the gun shops upstate sold a Walther .22 with that feature, the poor guy went back to SCPD to put it on his pistol license.

#17 PerfectoShot

PerfectoShot

Gun Guru

• 766 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted January 15 2018 - 07:07 AM

Threaded barrels on a semi automatic pistol are not allowed.
One of the gun shops upstate sold a Walther .22 with that feature, the poor guy went back to SCPD to put it on his pistol license.

P22 has this concealable thread feature inside the slide which many gunshops aren’t even aware of it so SCPD might not either.

#18 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 11308 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted January 15 2018 - 08:49 AM

P22 has this concealable thread feature inside the slide which many gunshops aren’t even aware of it so SCPD might not either.

SCPD caught it fine. The gunshop had to take the gun back.

#19 ProGodProGunProLife

ProGodProGunProLife

Gun Guru

• LIF Site Moderator
  • Others: Club LIF Member

• 7050 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted January 15 2018 - 08:50 AM

A MANUFACTURER can "re-manufacturer" a firearm.  In doing so, they must engrave their license name and location (City State) on the firearm and pay any applicable excise tax (couple ways to calculate, but usually 11% of 75% of the retail of the firearm)  The excise tax is a mess because, generally, you don't know how much credit to take from what the original manufacturer paid.  The way the system is supposed to work is the original manufacturer transfers the firearm without paying any FAET so then the re-manufacturer or upfitter pays the full tax.  There are also additional record keeping and form filing requirements.

Not that it can't be done, but quickly it becomes not economical to do and follow the law.  

It sounds like the main purpose of this law is to prevent manufacturers from dodging excise tax by selling bare bones guns to dealers, paying a lower excise tax, and having the dealers add valuable enhancements, excise tax free.

From what I understand, if a buyer could legally take possession of a gun from the dealer, he could immediately hand it back to the dealer and pay him to do the same work (getting rid of threads or other evil features) as gunsmithing work.  But it is a catch-22, because the dealer can't modify it without first selling it and the purchaser can't buy it without it first being modified.  Perhaps a more pro-gun ATF under the current administration might change this ruling.  

#20 Brooklynite

Brooklynite

Sharp Shooter!

• 463 posts

Posted January 15 2018 - 10:00 AM

If Ruger starts producing NYC legal 5rd mags. I’ll pick one up immediately. (Or can I legally block a g26 mag to 5rds?)
It is much uglier than it needs to be. But once the aftermarket gets going we should have more stock options.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ruger, 9mm, carbine, pcc-9

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users