Oops, got stuck - 4X4 -Enjoy the offroad! / CB Radio Area - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Oops, got stuck

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Vycor

Vycor

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 1867 posts

Posted January 09 2018 - 05:51 PM

Ooops. Got stuck on a buddies private land. A few of us went. I had just finished pulling a cheap out of the snow, making fun of him, when I nose dived into a hole right afterwards and had to use my winch to pull myself out. I have a 6" lift and was up to the bumper in the hole.

26232759_10211345208201360_7039226490875

And some battle scars:

26239340_10211345184800775_4127342690488

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 Nordon

Nordon

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 6479 posts
  • LocationEast Northport, not far from Brooklyn

Posted January 09 2018 - 07:48 PM

I went nose first into one of those ditches upstate with a 1981 Jeep Grand Wagoneer, that thing backed right out no problem.

#3 zzrguy

zzrguy

That Guy

• Administrators
  • Others: Club LIF Member

• 11474 posts
  • LocationIn a dark corner in the center of my happy place.

Posted January 09 2018 - 08:11 PM

About 12 yrs ago we turn my friends truck sideways on a snow covered backroad upstate and put both axes in the ditches.

#4 IlDuce

IlDuce

III%

• 1882 posts
  • LocationRonkonkoma, NY/ Tampa, FL

Posted January 09 2018 - 08:12 PM

thats a nice bumper you got

#5 Phoenix69

Phoenix69

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • 25208 posts
  • LocationA little place I like to call "you"ll see".

Posted January 09 2018 - 08:56 PM

Very nice truck.

#6 Vycor

Vycor

Gun Guru

• 1867 posts

Posted January 09 2018 - 10:29 PM

Thanks... scared the crap outta me when I hit it. I'm just driving along and WHAM. Flew outta my seat a bit and the truck got thrown into neutral (scary sound to just hear your engine going). Saw it was in neutral and was a bit relieved.

Was no getting outta it with the snow, just kept spinning, even in Low.

Threw a tree strap around a nearby tree on the left, turned the wheels and slowly pulled myself out.

Good thing I had that winch on me... there was only 1 Jeep in front of me and I don't think he woulda been able to pull me out (but there was a F150 behind me so he probably coulda just pulled me backwards).

It was a deep damn hole up to the bumper (only thing that stopped the entire wheel from going in, i was resting on the bumper)

• IlDuce likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users