PA Ranges Open To The Public - All Other Areas [Ranges] - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

PA Ranges Open To The Public

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Captrn000

Captrn000

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted October 08 2017 - 04:33 PM

Hi

Do anyone know an open to the public range in Pennsylvania that also lets a 17 and 18-year-olds shot handguns?

Thanks

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 LarryD23

LarryD23

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 978 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted October 08 2017 - 04:44 PM

Hi

Do anyone know an open to the public range in Pennsylvania that also lets a 17 and 18-year-olds shot handguns?

Thanks

In case you didn't know, children can shoot handguns in NY if they are with a parent who has  a pistol license and a NYS Hunter Education certificate. 

#3 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 10979 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted October 08 2017 - 05:38 PM

Hi
Thanks

3 B's in Honesdale Pennsylvania in Wayne County.

#4 slowryder

slowryder

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 1448 posts

Posted October 08 2017 - 06:02 PM

I took my kids to private ranges not open to the public, but members.

#5 MikeM

MikeM

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • Others: Donated Member

• 1647 posts
  • LocationEast Northport

Posted October 09 2017 - 02:27 PM

as you pass through, kids can shoot in NJ

#6 Range Time

Range Time

Respected Gunowner

• 227 posts
  • LocationWestern Suffolk

Posted October 09 2017 - 06:03 PM

In case you didn't know, children can shoot handguns in NY if they are with a parent who has  a pistol license and a NYS Hunter Education certificate.

Please keep saying this every time you get a chance. I am not being sarcastic; that fact is unknown to many NY gun owners.
  • LarryD23 likes this

#7 JonnyK

JonnyK

Respected Gunowner

• 167 posts

Posted October 09 2017 - 07:06 PM

I take my 12 year old to Calverton to shoot his (my) 10/22 as often as I can. It's a great activity for the 2 of us to bond with and teaching all 3 of my sons about firearm safety and handling is a top priority. 

THAT said - we're moving to PA as soon as I get my xmas bonus and find work out there hahaha.

#8 Banzai

Banzai

Gun Guru

• 2242 posts

Posted October 10 2017 - 04:38 AM

If you're willing to travel a little further, you can shoot whatever you want at any age with zero chance of being arrested anywhere in South Chicago.

• Lou G, MikeM, Tracee and 1 other like this

#9 Peconic Paladin

Peconic Paladin

Gun Guru

• 2151 posts

Posted October 10 2017 - 11:49 AM

Where is this exemption located? I am only aware of the exemption for shooting an air pistol under these conditions.

#10 LarryD23

LarryD23

Gun Guru

• 978 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted October 10 2017 - 07:45 PM

Where is this exemption located? I am only aware of the exemption for shooting an air pistol under these conditions.

Here it is:

If you want to be absolutely sure that you have the latest update to this law you can go here: http://public.leginf...srch.cgi?NVLWO: and enter "265.20" in the search box.

#11 Peconic Paladin

Peconic Paladin

Gun Guru

• 2151 posts

Posted October 11 2017 - 12:18 PM

Here it is:

If you want to be absolutely sure that you have the latest update to this law you can go here: http://public.leginf...srch.cgi?NVLWO: and enter "265.20" in the search box.

Are you referring to the exemption for those 14-20 years old under 7-e?

I knew that one. I was thinking younger (air pistol and shotgun ages) when you wrote "children." Kind of like illegal alien children below age 35 being allowed amnesty under the 1986 law.

Sorry for the confusion.

#12 LarryD23

LarryD23

Gun Guru

• 978 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted October 11 2017 - 08:32 PM

Are you referring to the exemption for those 14-20 years old under 7-e?

I knew that one. I was thinking younger (air pistol and shotgun ages) when you wrote "children." Kind of like illegal alien children below age 35 being allowed amnesty under the 1986 law.

Sorry for the confusion.

I was referring to 7-e. It disturbs my spouse that my 14 year old daughter can shoot my handguns, but under NYS law she is not allowed to touch them..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users