"Antique" AW registration - Page 3 - Milsurp [Rifles] - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

"Antique" AW registration

fuac unsafe act high capacity baby killing

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#41 Ricekila

Ricekila

Banned

• Banned
  • Others: Established Member
  • 1906 posts
  • LocationSwindlehurst

Posted September 20 2017 - 09:45 AM

You too- I may be older than dirt, but you're not that far behind me

What a difference a month makes --  :fie

But isn't 1967 50 years ago?

Depends how the ATF & things that go boom - sees it -- a 10/22 is over 50 years old -- yet only experimental aluminum or steel cased .22 LR is considered --

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#42 Ricekila

Ricekila

Banned

• Banned
  • Others: Established Member
  • 1906 posts
  • LocationSwindlehurst

Posted September 20 2017 - 10:12 AM

When I gots my C & R -- theres a site / news letter you can subscribe too that sends updates -- AKA - mind changes ?

#43 PerfectoShot

PerfectoShot

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • Established Member + Classifieds
  • 766 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted September 20 2017 - 01:17 PM

What a difference a month makes --  :fie

Depends how the ATF & things that go boom - sees it -- a 10/22 is over 50 years old -- yet only experimental aluminum or steel cased .22 LR is considered --

For example if the law take effect on Janurary 15 or something but Gun is manufactured a month after it would means it wouldnt be eligible until its officially 67 years or older.. Believe me Libtards will use something like this as excuse to get you jailed..

• Ricekila likes this

#44 M_F

M_F

Sharp Shooter!

• 420 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted September 20 2017 - 10:29 PM

http://www.nydailyne...ticle-1.2267730

This did not specify if these numbers include "antique aw" or any registered magazines  :rifle

I bet FUAC had an aneurysm when he saw the low registration numbers.  :popcorn

#45 zzrguy

zzrguy

That Guy

• Administrators
  • Others: Club LIF Member

• 11481 posts
  • LocationIn a dark corner in the center of my happy place.

Posted September 21 2017 - 08:51 AM

so 1950s Semi auto Ak-47 is legal since its over 50 years old?

No you can buy 57 to 67 gun now next year to 68. Stupid law.

YES. Only original mags, that fit in over 50 year old guns, can be possessed and registered i.e. M-1 Carbine. The reading of this law is totally misunderstood. Yes, they make modern replicas of the M-1 Carbine. That does not matter. The M-1 Carbine is no longer made, and is over 50 years old. That is the qualification. Therefore, an M16 magazine can never qualify, since they still make the actual M16. Modern M16's are NOT replicas, they are m16. However an M14 mag might qualify, if you can establish an ending manufacture date for M14 rifles. M1A does not count, it is a MODERN REPLICA. If the last M14 was manufactured before 1967 and you could establish the manufacture date of an original (not modern replica) mag as being before 1967, that should be legal to register and possess. I find nothing in the law that suggests that you could not use a WWII M-1 Carbine mag in a current manufacture M-1 Carbine, but of course a Judge my find otherwise. The law is as to POSSESSION, when registered, without regards to time and place.

M1  still in production 

http://www.auto-ordn...ance-AOM130.asp

#46 only7rounds

only7rounds

Gun Guru

• 1270 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted September 21 2017 - 10:41 AM

No you can buy 57 to 67 gun now next year to 68. Stupid law.

M1  still in production 

http://www.auto-ordn...ance-AOM130.asp

Nope. That is a REPLICA.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fuac, unsafe act, high capacity baby killing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users