Low-fat diet could kill you, major study shows - BBQ/Recipes/Cooking/Food/Diets - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Low-fat diet could kill you, major study shows

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jimmy958

jimmy958

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 1735 posts

Posted August 31 2017 - 12:50 AM

"Low-fat diets could raise the risk of early death by almost one quarter, a major study has found.

The Lancet study of 135,000 adults found those who cut back on fats had far shorter lives than
those enjoying plenty of butter, cheese and meats.

Researchers said the study was at odds with repeated health advice to cut down on fats.

Those doing so tended to eat far too much stodgy food like bread, pasta and rice, the experts
said, while missing out on vital nutrients.

Participants eating the highest levels of carbohydrates – particularly refined sugars found in
fizzy drinks and processed meals – faced a 28 per cent higher risk of early death.

The NHS cautions against having too much saturated fat, on the grounds it raises cholesterol
levels, increasing the risk of heart disease.

But the latest research, presented at the European Society of Cardiology Congress, in Barcelona
found those with low intake of saturated fat raised chances of early death by 13 per cent
compared to those eating plenty.

And consuming high levels of all fats cut mortality by up to 23 per cent.

The Canadian study tracked eating patterns and death rates across 18 countries."

Read more: http://www.telegraph...et-study-finds/

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 Phoenix69

Phoenix69

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 25492 posts
  • LocationA little place I like to call "you"ll see".

Posted August 31 2017 - 05:25 AM

All these studies are killing me!
  • M_F likes this

#3 covertjy

covertjy

Gun Guru

• 3929 posts
  • LocationThe Free World

Posted August 31 2017 - 05:56 AM

• rlitman likes this

#4 iGreg

iGreg

Right-wing Sith

• Donated Member
  • 6172 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted August 31 2017 - 02:26 PM

Fat is good, red meat is good, salt is good, sugar is good, beer is good, coffee is good, eggs are good, etc etc.  All in moderation.

The Health Nazis you see on television often look like the White Walkers of GoT.

Edited by iGreg, August 31 2017 - 02:27 PM.

#5 M_F

M_F

Sharp Shooter!

• 420 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted August 31 2017 - 04:55 PM

Numerous studies have concluded that anything and everything will kill you. YOU WILL DIE!

#6 mason852

mason852

Still a David Crockett kid

• Club LIF Member
  • 2615 posts
  • Locationridge

Posted August 31 2017 - 07:37 PM

Clicked on this as I was finishing my second Klondike ice cream; I feel more healthy already

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users