Build is Finally Done - 4X4 -Enjoy the offroad! / CB Radio Area - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Build is Finally Done

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Vycor

Vycor

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 1867 posts

Posted August 11 2017 - 12:25 PM

Ahhh just about done. I only have 1 more set of lights to swap out this weekend and a few wires to run and she's finally complete...

80-pilgrim1_6f8d0f52cdca42943baf89e4e2c0

80-pilgrim2_636a6ed631f8d85855f5d1ab9b3c

• CAP1974, Mad Russian, William Anthony and 1 other like this

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 10981 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted August 11 2017 - 03:02 PM

Those fancy lights will be very useful off road.
Nice job!

#3 Phoenix69

Phoenix69

Gun Guru

• 25213 posts
  • LocationA little place I like to call "you"ll see".

Posted August 11 2017 - 03:42 PM

Excellent. You can never have enough candlepower.

#4 Parashooter

Parashooter

Gun Guru

• 11551 posts

Posted August 11 2017 - 05:31 PM

Those fancy lights will be very useful off road.
Nice job!

Just please don't be one of those obnoxious idiots that HAS to have them all on all the time!....   

• Mr. Shotgun, Mad Russian and Mr.Rmz like this

#5 Prtforums

Prtforums

Respected Gunowner

• 251 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted August 11 2017 - 05:35 PM

Very nice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

#6 Computer Chris

Computer Chris

Respected Gunowner

• Forum Sponsor
  • Others: Club LIF Member

• 205 posts
  • LocationOld Bethpage

Posted August 12 2017 - 10:46 PM

Holy fuck batman.  You invested a lot of $$$ into those lights and that bumper, I looked into them in the past.  Looks amazing though, enjoy.  I hope I get to see it in person one day. 

#7 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 10981 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted August 13 2017 - 07:12 AM

Just please don't be one of those obnoxious idiots that HAS to have them all on all the time!....

For off road ok... I have seen a trucker place one vertical behind his doors to blind other drivers. Very obnoxious and dangerous.
These lights are like the vollie FD or Ambulance member who has to have the latest buff equipment.
The front license plate missing could be an issue with PD.

#8 LarryD23

LarryD23

Gun Guru

• 978 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted August 13 2017 - 06:56 PM

For off road ok... I have seen a trucker place one vertical behind his doors to blind other drivers. Very obnoxious and dangerous.
These lights are like the vollie FD or Ambulance member who has to have the latest buff equipment.
The front license plate missing could be an issue with PD.

I recently purchased a Dodge Charger (which looks so much better without the front plate) and the dealer advised me that I should be ok with LE so long as I had the plate with me (in the trunk).

So far, so good.

#9 Seancusmc

Seancusmc

Gun Guru

• 720 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn

Posted August 13 2017 - 09:31 PM

If you park on the street your charger could get a ticket without the plate. you probably wont though.  My last car didnt have the plate for 4 years with no problem. I think that if anyone looks at that truck they would be so confused by whats going on, they wont notice the missing front plate. 

#10 Seancusmc

Seancusmc

Gun Guru

• 720 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn

Posted August 13 2017 - 09:32 PM

I just want to add that the blacked out grill looks like the portal where your truck eats lesser trucks.

#11 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • 10981 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted August 14 2017 - 06:59 AM

I recently purchased a Dodge Charger (which looks so much better without the front plate) and the dealer advised me that I should be ok with LE so long as I had the plate with me (in the trunk).

So far, so good.

If you have a NY registration it's a good chance you will get stopped by the Police.
Dealers also sell aftermarket tint. Those front license plates missing gave probable cause to stop. Sometimes the driver didn't know his plate was off the front and it was considering a lost/stolen plate.

#12 Vycor

Vycor

Gun Guru

• 1867 posts

Posted August 14 2017 - 02:52 PM

NY State requires a front plate. It's against NY state law to have a vehicle on a public road (parked or moving) without a front and rear plate. You typically WILL NOT get ticketed when parked however villages LOVE ticketing parked vehicles without front plates. I have not had any issues but I do keep my plate with me and I am willing to pay the fine if I get ticketed. I have it on a magnetic holder so IF i do get pulled over and ticketed OR the cop asks me to put it on, I will oblige. Until that happens i'm keeping the plate off (I do throw it on from time to time though).

Second, as stated I also HATE when I see folks driving around with their LED light bars on. NO REASON for it unless it's an amber (Yellowish) bar shooting down (fogs). I hate seeing trucks that have an LED bar on in bad weather or what not when it's not needed. White light + snow/rain/fog doesn't do a THING and actually hurts the driver. This is an old photo (yeah it's a week old), new photo below. This shows my new 40" Curved bar with yellows/ambers on the outter portions which are good for bad weather. It's on 2 switches so 1 switch does ambers (yellows) and the 2nd switch does the white. The white is a spot light so it's designed to shoot down the road.

NONE OF these lights really serve ANY purpose (except the amber/yellows) on a public road for typical driving. The side lights are great when I need lighting in a very dark area (unloading/loading at night).

My 2nd job is running a company that sells LED lights for vehicles, so this is all honesty for demo purposes so I can show customers various lighting setups.

Thanks for the kudos and I agree with a lot of what you all said. If you're going to install stuff, there's a time/place for it's use. A truck like this will never be lit up on a public highway (no point) and MOST of it, as i said, is to sell stuff when I do shows

80-truck2_cropped__db369d4271a1e30cf2918

• boosti and LarryD23 like this

#13 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • 10981 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted August 14 2017 - 03:12 PM

NY State requires a front plate. It's against NY state law to have a vehicle on a public road (parked or moving) without a front and rear plate. You typically WILL NOT get ticketed when parked however villages LOVE ticketing parked vehicles without front plates. I have not had any issues but I do keep my plate with me and I am willing to pay the fine if I get ticketed. I have it on a magnetic holder so IF i do get pulled over and ticketed OR the cop asks me to put it on, I will oblige. Until that happens i'm keeping the plate off (I do throw it on from time to time though).

Second, as stated I also HATE when I see folks driving around with their LED light bars on. NO REASON for it unless it's an amber (Yellowish) bar shooting down (fogs). I hate seeing trucks that have an LED bar on in bad weather or what not when it's not needed. White light + snow/rain/fog doesn't do a THING and actually hurts the driver. This is an old photo (yeah it's a week old), new photo below. This shows my new 40" Curved bar with yellows/ambers on the outter portions which are good for bad weather. It's on 2 switches so 1 switch does ambers (yellows) and the 2nd switch does the white. The white is a spot light so it's designed to shoot down the road.

NONE OF these lights really serve ANY purpose (except the amber/yellows) on a public road for typical driving. The side lights are great when I need lighting in a very dark area (unloading/loading at night).

My 2nd job is running a company that sells LED lights for vehicles, so this is all honesty for demo purposes so I can show customers various lighting setups.

Thanks for the kudos and I agree with a lot of what you all said. If you're going to install stuff, there's a time/place for it's use. A truck like this will never be lit up on a public highway (no point) and MOST of it, as i said, is to sell stuff when I do shows

80-truck2_cropped__db369d4271a1e30cf2918

I would install an LED light bar on my pickup for upstate. You know any dealers who you recommend.

#14 Vycor

Vycor

Gun Guru

• 1867 posts

Posted August 14 2017 - 03:14 PM

You can shoot me a PM and I can help you find what you are looking for.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users