Pennsylvania Water Gap KOA - Camping / RV - Open Discussions - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Pennsylvania Water Gap KOA

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 2edgesword

2edgesword

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 7044 posts

Posted August 09 2017 - 08:14 AM

Just got back from a five day camping trip at the Water Gap KOA in Pennsylvania. There were eleven of us in all (my three adult kids with a bunch of the grandkids and my great grandson). The campground was very well maintained, there is a ton of stuff for the kids to do at the campsite and lot in the general area to do. And for those that just can be without a connection to the WWW for a few days there is even spotty wifi at the campsite.

For the most part the weather cooperated (actually got a little chilly at night) and with the cookouts, campfires, outdoor pool, huge kids playground and Saturday night live entertainment everyone had a great time. I would definitely recommend this campsite for those with kids looking for a place within a three hour drive (assuming the Cross Bronx isn't backed up from one end to the other).

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 angenmike

angenmike

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 663 posts
  • LocationIslip, NY

Posted August 09 2017 - 03:37 PM

I've camped there. Its a nice place and the people who run it are good too. 

• 2edgesword likes this

#3 Skywalker

Skywalker

Respected Gunowner

• 128 posts

Posted August 09 2017 - 05:46 PM

Nice place. Lived and worked up there years ago.  Glad you enjoyed it.

• 2edgesword likes this

#4 Mr. Shotgun

Mr. Shotgun

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • Others:
  • 2118 posts
  • LocationQueens, NYC

Posted August 09 2017 - 06:08 PM

We will be camping at the Promised Land State Park in PA in a few weeks! I've also just purchased a PA State Land 1 year shooting range pass as well so maybe I can go out there with my long guns and try out the range. 

• 2edgesword and jrd like this

#5 minuteman1970

minuteman1970

Gun Guru

• 543 posts

Posted August 10 2017 - 04:54 AM

We will be camping at the Promised Land State Park in PA in a few weeks! I've also just purchased a PA State Land 1 year shooting range pass as well so maybe I can go out there with my long guns and try out the range. 

I was just at Promised Land State Park last week with the family. They have a nice beach, and alot of scheduled activities for the kids such as arts & crafts every Wednesday. Here's a link to the calendar of upcoming events there:

http://events.dcnr.p...rk#.WYwsXHq2Ugk

#6 Mr. Shotgun

Mr. Shotgun

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • Others:
  • 2118 posts
  • LocationQueens, NYC

Posted August 10 2017 - 05:38 PM

I was just at Promised Land State Park last week with the family. They have a nice beach, and alot of scheduled activities for the kids such as arts & crafts every Wednesday. Here's a link to the calendar of upcoming events there:

http://events.dcnr.p...rk#.WYwsXHq2Ugk

That's good to know! Thanks for the link. As a matter of fact we will there on a Wednesday so i'll check out the activities. We've booked a cottage/cabin there so it should be fun.

#7 jrd

jrd

Gun Guru

• 526 posts

Posted August 10 2017 - 08:32 PM

Love Promised Land State Park!!!! 

Enjoy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users