URGENT - Petition to White House on National Reciprocity - Page 2 - US Government Laws & News (2A ONLY) - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

URGENT - Petition to White House on National Reciprocity

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#21 Lou G

Lou G

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 940 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted July 31 2017 - 07:37 AM

I sent the the link to NYSRPA. Hopefully they know about it, But some pressure from the members might get them to let other groups know or send a alert to it's members to sign it. Maybe the board mods. can E-mail our own members

Edited by Lou G, July 31 2017 - 07:38 AM.

• blue steel likes this

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#22 firemanvin

firemanvin

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • Donated Member
  • 541 posts

Posted July 31 2017 - 07:47 AM

Done.

#23 blue steel

blue steel

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 3746 posts

Posted July 31 2017 - 08:11 AM

I sent the the link to NYSRPA. Hopefully they know about it, But some pressure from the members might get them to let other groups know or send a alert to it's members to sign it. Maybe the board mods. can E-mail our own members

Thank you very much for that. Remember, even if you have family/friends/connections out of state lets get them in on this !

#24 CJ

CJ

SUPER STAR

• Donated Member
  • Others:
  • 5508 posts
  • LocationTampa/Nassau

Posted July 31 2017 - 08:30 AM

Done

#25 pequa1

pequa1

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 4880 posts
  • Locationisn't it obvious ?

Posted July 31 2017 - 08:37 AM

Done.   One can always unsubscribe if a gazillion unwanted emails follow...

#26 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 11117 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted July 31 2017 - 08:52 AM

LIF has over 10,000 members. If the mods can request the admin to email all the forum members with the link.
  • blue steel and billb42 like this

#27 thetalonguy

thetalonguy

Sharp Shooter!

• 384 posts
  • LocationNassau County

Posted July 31 2017 - 09:16 AM

Signed and forwarded onto another national forum which is pro 2A.

• blue steel likes this

#28 Lou G

Lou G

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 940 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted July 31 2017 - 10:30 AM

Just sent a e-mail telling me my member ship expired. 

#29 NRATC53

NRATC53

Now an Ex NYer

• Donated Member
  • 24610 posts

Posted July 31 2017 - 11:19 AM

Signed & forwarded to others.

#30 Dunlin

Dunlin

Respected Gunowner

• 161 posts

Posted July 31 2017 - 05:05 PM

Done

#31 Number 2

Number 2

Gun Guru

• LIF Site Moderator
  • Others: Club LIF Member, Donated Member

• 1241 posts
  • LocationThe Village

Posted August 01 2017 - 06:43 PM

we need 85k in signatures in 16 days. I'm not hopeful

#32 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • 11117 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted August 01 2017 - 06:52 PM

we need 85k in signatures in 16 days. I'm not hopeful

LIF has over 10,000 members an email blast might arouse interest.
  • blue steel likes this

#33 blue steel

blue steel

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 3746 posts

Posted August 01 2017 - 07:14 PM

LIF has over 10,000 members an email blast might arouse interest.

Yeah, have to agree. Plus NYSRPA has approx 60-70K. Although the guys who did post and sign above deserve a big thanks.

I have to SMH about the "gun community". Time and again the supposed 10s of MILLIONS of gun owners just fail to show up. There are around 75 to 100 million gun owners. John Lott says there are, BY COUNT, 17 MILLION CCW licensees. Yet no organized way to reach them or motivate them. Here you have something as simple as an online petition for one of the most important aspects of gun ownership in America, now and for future generations. Does anyone wonder why politicians don't give us the respect we deserve. Take a look at the LEFT WING petitions on the site. They literally have a MILLION plus signatures. Oh well, we did our part.

Edited by blue steel, August 01 2017 - 07:16 PM.

#34 PerfectoShot

PerfectoShot

Gun Guru

• 766 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted August 01 2017 - 07:22 PM

Ok i already asked this person from TheGunCollective youtube/Facebook page. He has over 255K followers on facebook so hopefully he will post something along with the link..

#35 Lou G

Lou G

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 940 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted August 01 2017 - 07:49 PM

For what it is worth I sent this Email to NYSRPA. Let's wait and see what happens.

Thank you for the prompt return and the information about the SAFE Act. How ever below is a link for gun owners to sign to move the National Reciprocity Bill forward. Can you, as President of the NYRPA, send this alert to all our members advising them to sign the petition. We need grass roots action on this bill.

https://petitions.wh...-permit-holders       

Thanking you

Lou Giordano

• blue steel likes this

#36 Number 2

Number 2

Gun Guru

• LIF Site Moderator
  • Others: Club LIF Member, Donated Member

• 1241 posts
  • LocationThe Village

Posted August 02 2017 - 04:44 AM

Yeah, have to agree. Plus NYSRPA has approx 60-70K. Although the guys who did post and sign above deserve a big thanks.

I have to SMH about the "gun community". Time and again the supposed 10s of MILLIONS of gun owners just fail to show up. There are around 75 to 100 million gun owners. John Lott says there are, BY COUNT, 17 MILLION CCW licensees. Yet no organized way to reach them or motivate them. Here you have something as simple as an online petition for one of the most important aspects of gun ownership in America, now and for future generations. Does anyone wonder why politicians don't give us the respect we deserve. Take a look at the LEFT WING petitions on the site. They literally have a MILLION plus signatures. Oh well, we did our part.

It truly does amaze me that so many pro 2A people can't get together and make things like this happen.  

#37 zzrguy

zzrguy

That Guy

• Administrators
  • Others: Club LIF Member

• 11483 posts
  • LocationIn a dark corner in the center of my happy place.

Posted August 02 2017 - 05:20 AM

Done

#38 Lou G

Lou G

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • Club LIF Member
  • 940 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted August 02 2017 - 07:18 AM

For what it is worth I sent this Email to NYSRPA. Let's wait and see what happens.

Thank you for the prompt return and the information about the SAFE Act. How ever below is a link for gun owners to sign to move the National Reciprocity Bill forward. Can you, as President of the NYRPA, send this alert to all our members advising them to sign the petition. We need grass roots action on this bill.

https://petitions.wh...-permit-holders       

Thanking you

Lou Giordano

This is the answer I received. 

We have already sent it out once but will do it again

Tom King
Cogito ergo armatum sum

Any body ever get a notice.

#39 blue steel

blue steel

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 3746 posts

Posted August 02 2017 - 07:56 AM

I am a NYSRPA Life member. I never got squat. IMHO these orgs are working back in the 1960s. They spend money and time on paper newsletters sent by mail every quarter. As Trump proved, using todays social media is a helluva lot more effective. I follow a Canadian gun rights organization and they do Twitter, youtube, and FB. EVERY WEEK they send out multiple posts and info.

Just went over to Twitter and looked at the NYSRPA feed. The last post was Feb.....LAST YEAR. Lovely.

Edited by blue steel, August 02 2017 - 08:00 AM.

• Lou G likes this

#40 thetalonguy

thetalonguy

Sharp Shooter!

• 384 posts
  • LocationNassau County

Posted August 02 2017 - 12:14 PM

New article posted on Fox today

http://www.foxnews.c...ice-chiefs.html

• Lou G likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic