Birthday Greeting - Voting Polls! - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Birthday Greeting

keep toss

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 pequa1

pequa1

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 4880 posts
  • Locationisn't it obvious ?

Posted July 27 2017 - 03:29 PM

Take the opportunity to vote whether to keep the birthday greetings or eliminate them

Obviously I did not set this up correctly, lol.    I never provided my birthdate and rarely the real one so I think you know where I would stand if I had figured out how to establish a poll.

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 Landlubber

Landlubber

Sharp Shooter!

• 350 posts
  • LocationNassau NY

Posted July 27 2017 - 04:16 PM

I assume they were instituted as a traffic/content building mechanism, but birthday announcements for guys who aren't here anymore or put in bogus dates is superfluous IMO.

If anyone wants to announce their B-day or solicit well-wishes, just start a thread "Turned 29 today" etc. I think that's better. In that case- Happy Birthday!

Of course then the complaint "Only thing on LIF is Birthday announcements!" will become "NOTHING on LIF!!" so I guess it's all relative.

• pequa1 likes this

#3 Phoenix69

Phoenix69

Gun Guru

• 25472 posts
  • LocationA little place I like to call "you"ll see".

Posted July 10 2020 - 08:10 PM

Not again!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: keep, toss

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users