D F Brothers Sports Center in Brooklyn +1 - Gun Stores & Gunsmiths - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

D F Brothers Sports Center in Brooklyn +1

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Kemposhot

Kemposhot

Respected Gunowner

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 291 posts

Posted July 14 2017 - 05:21 PM

I have to give a positive review to D F Brothers in Bensonhurst Brooklyn only discovering the store recently.

I moved to Brooklyn from Suffolk county 2 years ago and never realized I had a gun store within walking distance of my apartment! Stopped in to buy some supplies and look at the inventory, the owner Frank is very knowledgeable of NYC laws and the staff was extremely friendly.

I know this is mostly a Long Island forum, but if you're ever in the area, check them out.
  • Richpooch1012 likes this

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 LarryD23

LarryD23

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • 985 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted July 14 2017 - 06:14 PM

I live in Suffolk County, but I took the NYS Hunter Ed course at the Metropolitan Gun Club in Brooklyn. If you were surprised to find your LGS, wait until you see the neighborhood around this range... talk about under the radar. The course was great, as were the members I met. They have rifle, pistol, bow and hunting land upstate.

http://www.metrorgc.org/

#3 Kemposhot

Kemposhot

Respected Gunowner

• 291 posts

Posted July 14 2017 - 07:14 PM

I'll check it out, thanks!

#4 kouzman

kouzman

Respected Gunowner

• 198 posts
  • Locationnew york

Posted July 14 2017 - 07:31 PM

For the city guys a good choice. I got my first shotgun from them

#5 Mr. Shotgun

Mr. Shotgun

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • Others:
  • 2150 posts
  • LocationQueens, NYC

Posted July 14 2017 - 07:45 PM

I only heard of DF brothers when they got robbed in June

http://newyork.cbslo...store-shooting/

I'll have to go check them out soon. I wonder how much they charge for pistol transfers?

#6 Brooklynshooter25

Brooklynshooter25

Sharp Shooter!

• Topic Starter
  • 469 posts

Posted July 14 2017 - 08:00 PM

Stay away!!! The worst ppl to deal with. The worst business reputation i have ever seen. Every time you mention their name to someone they have a story about being screwed by the them. Buyers beware. I lived right over there also for many years from the 90's till about 10 years ago.  They are horrible ppl with horrible customer service. They have screwed over everyone i know. 

#7 Kemposhot

Kemposhot

Respected Gunowner

• 291 posts

Posted July 14 2017 - 08:00 PM

I heard about the incident as well, glad to hear that Frank was ok from it. Hoping they can catch that guy soon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users