NYPD officer ambushed in the Bronx - NYC and NY State Crimes - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

NYPD officer ambushed in the Bronx

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 slowryder

slowryder

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 1448 posts

Posted July 05 2017 - 04:22 AM

The police officer who was shot in the head while sitting in a police vehicle in the Bronx early Wednesday has died according to law enforcement sources.

A suspect came up and blasted her through the window without warning, sources said.

“It was an attempted cop assassination,” one law enforcement source told The Post.

The gunman approached the officer at 12:30 a.m. as she sat inside a temporary headquarters vehicle at East 183rd Street and Morris Avenue in Fordham Heights, according to sources.

The officer — a 12-year-veteran who is with the Anti Crime unit of the 46th Precinct — was rushed to St. Barnabus Hospital, where she was undergoing surgery but could not be saved.

“This is absolutely an unprovoked attack,” said NYPD Commissioner James P. O’Neill.

The commissioner said the suspect fired one round, after which the shot officer’s partner called for backup.

Two other officers confronted the attacker about a block away, and shot him dead, police said.

A bystander wound up being shot in the stomach, and was in stable condition at St. Barnabas. A silver revolver was found near the dead suspect.

Cops rushing to the scene were warned by radio to keep their patrol vehicle windows closed while responding.
At least five evidence cups covered spent rounds coulalong Morris Avenue between 183rd and 184th streets.

Witness Jay Marzelli, 17, at first thought all the gunshot was fireworks.

“I was in this bodega right here on Crescent, just getting a sandwich and all of a sudden there was all this running and stuff going on and I look out probably 40,50, 60 cops screaming, “Call a paramedic, clear the block!’”

“It looked like there was a riot going on… two seconds later I hear gunshots: bam, bam…. and then the police officer was just laying there in front of the stationary precinct – right here on Crescent and [E 183.]

“I saw an officer laying there in the ground unconscious in another officers arms. Police officers screaming: ‘Get the f—ing paramedics.’”

“It was crazy — just insane. There were police officers everywhere.”

The shooting recalled the assassination of two uniformed officers as they sat in their marked police car on a street in Bedford-Stuyvesant, Brooklyn in December, 2014.
http://nypost.com/20...ical-condition/

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 Camaro45th

Camaro45th

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 1746 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted July 05 2017 - 04:26 AM

So sad, ******* savages.

#3 Phoenix69

Phoenix69

Gun Guru

• 25417 posts
  • LocationA little place I like to call "you"ll see".

Posted July 05 2017 - 05:37 AM

RIP

#4 wrench

wrench

Respected Gunowner

• Donated Member
  • 163 posts
  • LocationNorth Massapequa

Posted July 05 2017 - 05:40 AM

:angel: RIP

#5 LarryD23

LarryD23

Gun Guru

• 985 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted July 05 2017 - 06:52 AM

http://abc7ny.com/ne...-bronx/2183738/

RIP.

#6 leftjammer

leftjammer

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • 2643 posts
  • LocationNew Hyde Park

Posted July 05 2017 - 07:02 AM

another career criminal maggot who was given freedom by our "justice system".

Can anyone tell why the FLUCK some judge or politician isn't accountable and RESPONSIBLE for the officers death?   Justice system my BALLS !!! \

The c0cksuckers let these criminal walk the streets are the same scumbags that want to tell me I cant have guns so they pass laws in the middle of the night??   FU - FU -and FU to ALL of them

• mason852 and Tracee like this

#7 slowryder

slowryder

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 1448 posts

Posted July 05 2017 - 07:10 AM

Dr. Darrin Porcher former NYPD Lt. and Army Veteran in his appearance on Fox pointed out that his social media pointed towards a violent act towards police. And That gun control would not have affected this in any way, because he was a convicted felony who was in possession of a firearm. The Second Amendment gives us the right to maintain firearms. And that these are the people we need to protect ourselves against. The Second Amendment affords us these protections to legal possess firearms.

#8 Mr. Shotgun

Mr. Shotgun

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • Others:
  • 2124 posts
  • LocationQueens, NYC

Posted July 05 2017 - 08:18 AM

wow.

• Prtforums likes this

#9 mason852

mason852

Still a David Crockett kid

• Club LIF Member
  • 2593 posts
  • Locationridge

Posted July 05 2017 - 09:03 AM

He should not have been out on the street
Let me build a prison for the SKEELS:the only weights they will be lifting would be each others corpses
R.I.P. Officer

#10 .kevin.

.kevin.

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted July 05 2017 - 09:24 AM

Terrible.

#11 2edgesword

2edgesword

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 7103 posts

Posted July 05 2017 - 09:55 AM

Terrible! Condolences to the family, friends and fellow officers. I have two relatives (NYPD) that work in that area, one female. There were a few minutes of fearful searching for the name of the officer shot. I'm sure that experience was repeated by many family members and friends this morning as the news was released, with some relief when you realized the officer shot wasn't your loved one mixed with great sadness that another life was lost to senseless violence.

#12 Range Time

Range Time

Respected Gunowner

• 227 posts
  • LocationWestern Suffolk

Posted July 05 2017 - 10:19 AM

What a terrible shame. I'll be thinking about her kids losing their mother. Cops already had to worry about getting killed during a confrontation with a mounting number of increasingly vicious criminals. Now cops have to worry about being murdered at any moment. It's a sad state (in more ways than one).

#13 ProGodProGunProLife

ProGodProGunProLife

Gun Guru

• LIF Site Moderator
  • Others: Club LIF Member

• 6985 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted July 05 2017 - 12:12 PM

So, horribly sad and also infuriating.  

#14 Itsthelaw

Itsthelaw

Gun Guru

• 626 posts
  • LocationQueens

Posted July 05 2017 - 02:26 PM

We might never know what brought him to this act, but I'm sure that countless hours listening to how the police are murderous savages out to destroy the black community sure didn't help.  This is a weird world we live in now.  When I was a kid, I saw police and felt safe.  My house was robbed as a child, and I can still remember the police officer taking me to the side and telling me that the bad men who broke into my house would never come back.  I had such positive experiences with police my entire life.  The only thing that stops many in other communities from giving their children the same experiences are baseless fears.  

Such a terrible tragedy.

#15 SYTY

SYTY

Sharp Shooter!

• 400 posts

Posted July 05 2017 - 05:34 PM

Prayers to the officers family, & I blame ny gov. Andy Cuomo & his failed Unsafe act, also the mayor for sanctuary citys.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users