Camping Season 2017 - Camping / RV - Open Discussions - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Camping Season 2017

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 2edgesword

2edgesword

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 7240 posts

Posted June 01 2017 - 10:12 AM

O.k., who is doing what this camping season?

My wife was on-line a few months ago and when I asked her what she was doing she said "booking a camp site." When I asked what date she said "starting on June 23rd." She works for the school district and I thought that was a little early in June so I asked her "when is your last day of school?". Her reply was "June 23rd". I guess someone is anxious to go camping.

Anyway, for the most part it will be local camping for us (Smith's Point) and one trip to PA with my daughter and some of the grandkids.

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 leftjammer

leftjammer

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 2643 posts
  • LocationNew Hyde Park

Posted June 01 2017 - 12:56 PM

I spent a few days of the first week of May camping..rained 3 out of 4 days and reminded me why I don't plan camping trips anymore

#3 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • 11243 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted June 01 2017 - 01:21 PM

What ever happened with the LIF camping meets out east?

#4 2edgesword

2edgesword

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 7240 posts

Posted June 01 2017 - 02:36 PM

I spent a few days of the first week of May camping..rained 3 out of 4 days and reminded me why I don't plan camping trips anymore

We had a trip planned in April hoping the weather was going to be nice but as it got closer to the date we ended up canceling it. The end of June will be the start of the season for us and my wife (off from work for the Summer) has us out somewhere every other week. We've been pretty fortunate the last few years with only a handful of days where we were stuck in the TT due to bad weather. Hoping for the same this year.

#5 Mr. Shotgun

Mr. Shotgun

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • Others:
  • 2150 posts
  • LocationQueens, NYC

Posted June 01 2017 - 05:48 PM

I booked a cabin at Margaret Mills Norrie park in Poughkeepsie in a few weeks. We got a 6 person cabin with a view of the Hudson River for a few days.

over Labor Day weekend I booked a cabin campsite in PA, near the Lake Wallenpaupack area. Gonna scope out the area since I plan to buy a summer home out there next year

• 2edgesword likes this

#6 LarryD23

LarryD23

Gun Guru

• 985 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted June 01 2017 - 07:31 PM

We start next week at Cedar Beach Marina Campground. It looks like my wife booked around 6 weeks in total between Cedar Beach and Greenport. 

We haven't been leaving the island for a few years now. We just enjoy getting away from the house and spending time outdoors. Which is another way of saying that we're done "roughing it". And for us, "roughing it" means no sewer hookup and lousy wifi.

• 2edgesword likes this

#7 Punisher1336

Punisher1336

MOLON LABE

• 3250 posts

Posted June 01 2017 - 09:39 PM

Lake George RV Park in July, top notch facilities.
  • gcloss likes this

#8 broken wallet

broken wallet

Respected Gunowner

• 120 posts
  • LocationLindenhurst,NY

Posted June 01 2017 - 11:00 PM

We started in April for 4 days at Indian Island then again for 4 more days with the camping club in may.  We did the Kick Off at Cathedral Pines 2 weeks ago.  Next week we are at Smiths Point for a Week then on July we are at Branches of Niagara for a what else a trip to Niagara Falls and Canada. 

• 2edgesword likes this

#9 NYram

NYram

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • Donated Member
  • Others:
  • 937 posts

Posted June 02 2017 - 08:26 AM

i just posted a camper for sale in the classifieds if you know anyone looking for one.

#10 2edgesword

2edgesword

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 7240 posts

Posted June 02 2017 - 10:31 AM

This was actually the very first campground we stayed at (rented a class C for a long weekend) that got my wife hooked on camping. Very nice area to go camping.
  • LarryD23 likes this

#11 gcloss

gcloss

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 738 posts
  • LocationEx-New Yorker now living in Peachtree City GA

Posted June 02 2017 - 03:17 PM

I purchased my first trailer in 1981 and now on my 6th. I lost track of how many times we camped at Lake George RV Park.

• 2edgesword likes this

#12 LarryD23

LarryD23

Gun Guru

• 985 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted June 03 2017 - 11:50 AM

I purchased my first trailer in 1981 and now on my 6th. I lost track of how many times we camped at Lake George RV Park.

Tent >>> Popup >>> 25' TT >>> 36' TT

Not that much different from starting with a Crosman pellet gun and moving up to a .50 BMG. 

• gcloss likes this

#13 Gunz23

Gunz23

Advanced Member

• Established Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted June 03 2017 - 02:15 PM

Odetah Campground only 2 hrs away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#14 fenucho

fenucho

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 1290 posts
  • LocationAdirondaks

Posted June 18 2017 - 06:48 PM

Camped in Fahnestock State Park Memorial day weekend. Great hiking, fishing, kayaking.

Anybody up near Lake George in July and want to shoot or grab a brew, give me a shout. Your welcome as my guest at Dunham Bay Fish & Game range.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users