Nassau Range Carry? - Page 2 - Nassau County [Ranges] - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Nassau Range Carry?

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 11235 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted May 23 2017 - 10:53 AM

It is posted on the sign with the rules.  I don't think they vigorously enforce it, unless the shooter is being unsafe in some way.  

The RO's at MF are reasonable.  Their mission appears to be, "run a safe range", not "strictly enforce a bunch of anal rules".

If people start posting why is Mitchell Field looking at me load my rifle, the above post would probably be the reason why.

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#22 Camaro45th

Camaro45th

Gun Guru

• 1747 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted May 23 2017 - 11:00 AM

I believe you guys, I just had never noticed it. Probably because like Set2374 said it's posted in the range itself and not the main board when you walk in. Learn something new everyday. Something stupid, but new.

#23 Parashooter

Parashooter

Gun Guru

• 11553 posts

Posted May 23 2017 - 11:13 AM

Is that a rule in Suffolk also or just Nassau ??

Well.... there ain't no Suffolk County ranges so.....

That's a silly rule.... The one that I wish they enforced better was shooting AT your point - I was there one day and some twit is backing up from the shooting point and firing while walking up the 4-5 steps.... Now, that's just plain stupid - he's letting rounds off, while moving, with his muzzle behind other shooters... That's what you call a 'recipe for disaster'...

#24 LarryD23

LarryD23

Gun Guru

• 985 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted May 23 2017 - 11:45 AM

That's a silly rule.... The one that I wish they enforced better was shooting AT your point - I was there one day and some twit is backing up from the shooting point and firing while walking up the 4-5 steps.... Now, that's just plain stupid - he's letting rounds off, while moving, with his muzzle behind other shooters... That's what you call a 'recipe for disaster'...

Agreed. Once you step back from the firing line, as far as I am concerned I am now in your line of fire.

#25 mason852

mason852

Still a David Crockett kid

• Club LIF Member
  • 2684 posts
  • Locationridge

Posted May 23 2017 - 11:50 AM

Yes you can carry loaded and concealed 1 firearm.

Is that the place with all the holes in the floor ?
(sorry I couldn't help myself LOL)

#26 Camaro45th

Camaro45th

Gun Guru

• 1747 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted May 23 2017 - 11:53 AM

Is that the place with all the holes in the floor ?
(sorry I couldn't help myself LOL)

That would be the one.

#27 Camaro45th

Camaro45th

Gun Guru

• 1747 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted May 23 2017 - 09:04 PM

Was at MF tonight, finally saw the signs. Had a laugh to myself lol.

#28 Semperfi

Semperfi

Respected Gunowner

• 282 posts

Posted May 24 2017 - 07:12 AM

You could always call seize fire and get a ro or yell at him yourself

#29 ProGodProGunProLife

ProGodProGunProLife

Gun Guru

• LIF Site Moderator
  • Others: Club LIF Member

• 7041 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted May 24 2017 - 07:43 AM

Did you report that to the RSO?  That twit should be sternly warned and permanently banned if he repeats it.  I'd even consider calling the police if he continued.  Sounds like at least 2nd degree reckless endangerment to me.  

#30 Parashooter

Parashooter

Gun Guru

• 11553 posts

Posted May 24 2017 - 08:05 AM

Did you report that to the RSO?  That twit should be sternly warned and permanently banned if he repeats it.  I'd even consider calling the police if he continued.  Sounds like at least 2nd degree reckless endangerment to me.  

I did.  he was spoken to.

• ProGodProGunProLife and rlitman like this

#31 slowryder

slowryder

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 1448 posts

Posted May 24 2017 - 08:34 AM

They changed it to a FAQ, it use to stated, that you must carry your firearm loaded to and from range. There was a period of time years ago when SCPB wouldn't let you take you firearm to the range loaded. There was A rash of license holder who were having there firearms robbed at the ranges because they were carrying unloaded firearms. And SCPB changed the rule to mandate you carry it concealed loaded.
SCPD handbook
2. May I carry my gun loaded on my person when I go to the range?
Yes, but it must be carried concealed and you must comply with the restrictions applicable to your endorsement.

#32 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 11235 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted May 24 2017 - 10:34 AM

Was at MF tonight, finally saw the signs. Had a laugh to myself lol.

https://youtu.be/k2NaHBVVYzY

#33 NRATC53

NRATC53

Now an Ex NYer

• Donated Member
  • 24728 posts

Posted May 24 2017 - 04:42 PM

They changed it to a FAQ, it use to stated, that you must carry your firearm loaded to and from range. There was a period of time years ago when SCPB wouldn't let you take you firearm to the range loaded. There was A rash of license holder who were having there firearms robbed at the ranges because they were carrying unloaded firearms. And SCPB changed the rule to mandate you carry it concealed loaded.
SCPD handbook
2. May I carry my gun loaded on my person when I go to the range?
Yes, but it must be carried concealed and you must comply with the restrictions applicable to your endorsement.

Yup- Police Commissioner Cosgrove and his infamous "Locked Box" Rule

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users