CGT -1 - Gun Stores & Gunsmiths - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

CGT -1

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 only7rounds

only7rounds

• Guests
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted May 11 2017 - 07:56 PM

Stopped into CGT to buy a gun they have in stock. Black guy was too busy texting to sell me anything. Jose his usual grumpy self. If that was MY business with all that inventory and overhead, I would never allow a customer to leave with any money in his pocket or credit available on his cards.

I will just buy it from Stan.

• boosti likes this

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 bfourn1

bfourn1

Respected Gunowner

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 226 posts
  • Locationeast northport

Posted May 11 2017 - 07:57 PM

one of the worst LGS in my opinion 

#3 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 11243 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted May 11 2017 - 08:06 PM

Jose was the manager of American Outdoors. I hope his experience doesn't cause another gun store to go out of business!
  • only7rounds likes this

#4 Landlubber

Landlubber

Sharp Shooter!

• 350 posts
  • LocationNassau NY

Posted May 11 2017 - 08:17 PM

Stopped into CGT to buy a gun they have in stock. Black guy was too busy texting to sell me anything. Jose his usual grumpy self. If that was MY business with all that inventory and overhead, I would never allow a customer to leave with any money in his pocket or credit available on his cards.

Maybe that's how they HAVE all that inventory??

• only7rounds likes this

#5 Punisher1336

Punisher1336

MOLON LABE

• 3249 posts

Posted May 11 2017 - 08:31 PM

CGT ?

#6 killian

killian

Retired

• Donated Member
  • 1895 posts
  • LocationEastern Suffolk

Posted May 11 2017 - 08:50 PM

I like Jose but stick with Stan. You can't go wrong there.

#7 Camaro45th

Camaro45th

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • 1747 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted May 11 2017 - 08:56 PM

CGT ?

coliseum gun traders. I've had nothing but bad experiences with them. That's the closest place to my house and had they been maybe a little more competitive pricing wise and a little more friendly, they might have gotten my business.

They were charging $30 over MSRP on a gun and the guy told me they were "right there" with the listed MSRP. Sorry pal, "knocking" off $30 to make yourself seem like your giving me a deal is just wasting my time.

#8 only7rounds

only7rounds

• Guests
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted May 11 2017 - 11:14 PM

I have to say, when Jean was there I got better service. Once you got to know her she was very helpful.

The fact that she went to work at a big box store for the money they pay speaks volumes.

• wrench and Camaro45th like this

#9 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 11243 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted May 12 2017 - 04:50 AM

coliseum gun traders. I've had nothing but bad experiences with them. That's the closest place to my house and had they been maybe a little more competitive pricing wise and a little more friendly, they might have gotten my business.
They were charging $30 over MSRP on a gun and the guy told me they were "right there" with the listed MSRP. Sorry pal, "knocking" off $30 to make yourself seem like your giving me a deal is just wasting my time.

One of the former mods sent me there because it was his favorite shop. I had to wait a while before being helped. I saved $50 buying the same gun from the lgs closer to my house. I have no problem paying a little extra for courteous service when it's something I like.
  • Camaro45th likes this

#10 LarryD23

LarryD23

Gun Guru

• 985 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted May 12 2017 - 05:02 AM

From being a first-time customer to being a repeat (and repeat) customer, I have always felt welcomed, been given good advice, and treated well at South Shore Sportsman. And that's why they get my business. 

There is very little that you can't buy for less on the internet. It's the service that keeps me going to my not-so-local LGS. It sounds like CGS missed that memo

• killian likes this

#11 ProGodProGunProLife

ProGodProGunProLife

Gun Guru

• LIF Site Moderator
  • Others: Club LIF Member

• 7041 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted May 12 2017 - 07:43 AM

I have bought ammo there a few times and bought a shotgun (at a pretty good price).  I have never had a problem with the service and the guy who sold be the shotgun was very helpful.

#12 BLAMMO

BLAMMO

Lousy Shot

• Club LIF Member
  • Others: Donated Member

• 16247 posts
  • LocationTrapped behind enemy lines

Posted May 12 2017 - 05:13 PM

They're hiring.

https://www.longisla...job-opportunity

#13 roadraje

roadraje

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member

• 1731 posts
  • Locationoff the grid.

Posted May 12 2017 - 08:52 PM

Jose was the manager of American Outdoors. I hope his experience doesn't cause another gun store to go out of business!

so what you're implying is that Jose who was not an owner of said business is the reason said business went bankrupt and closed? Please feel free to elaborate.

#14 roadraje

roadraje

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member

• 1731 posts
  • Locationoff the grid.

Posted May 12 2017 - 08:54 PM

I have to say, when Jean was there I got better service. Once you got to know her she was very helpful.

The fact that she went to work at a big box store for the money they pay speaks volumes.

The fact is Jean received numerous complaints both online and in person and when confronted chose to quit rather than adjust her attitude. 

#15 roadraje

roadraje

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • Club LIF Member

• 1731 posts
  • Locationoff the grid.

Posted May 12 2017 - 09:13 PM

really? I hear they're hiring, why don't you go down there and show 'em how its done Billy Mayes.

#16 only7rounds

only7rounds

• Topic Starter
  • Guests
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted May 12 2017 - 09:16 PM

really? I hear they're hiring, why don't you go down there and show 'em how its done Billy Mayes.

I think we are hearing from one of their employees.

#17 only7rounds

only7rounds

• Topic Starter
  • Guests
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted May 12 2017 - 09:16 PM

She had the best attitude of anyone in the store. Apparently you worked with her and did not get along with her.

#18 only7rounds

only7rounds

• Guests
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted May 12 2017 - 09:19 PM

so what you're implying is that Jose who was not an owner of said business is the reason said business went bankrupt and closed? Please feel free to elaborate.

I am not the person you quoted, but I will say this:

AOS only had a couple of sales employees at the new location. Not serving customers is a good way to go bust.

AND, I don't know that he went bankrupt.

Angelo had a store going back to when it was on the corner of Rte 110 and Hempstead Tpk and he had the trailer in the back. I bought a gun from him in 1972. Maybe he just decided to retire. He is no spring chicken. neither am I, and he has to be older than me.

#19 Seancusmc

Seancusmc

Gun Guru

• 720 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn

Posted May 12 2017 - 09:46 PM

Ive had good and bad experiences at most gun stores on long island. You cant expect every gun store to treat you like a king every time you walk in. They cant tell when a customer is there to buy something or just to play with the merchandise. They probably get annoyed that they have to keep cleaning all the guns that customers want to see, but arent really interested in buying. I don't think they deal with enough people every day to accurately tell when a customer really wants to be helped because he wants to buy something, or play with new toys for a minute.

I walked into Coliseum once when I was young and didn't buy a gun because the guy at the counter made me feel like I was aggravating him. He didn't know I had $1,000 in my pocket. I went straight to TNT and the guy behind the counter was extremely helpful. They earned my business that day. But the next time, I got treated poorly at TNT, then another gun shop, then got great service at Coliseum. So I bought my first 1911 there. I think it was because I was around 22 years old, so they figured I wasn't a serious buyer. But now I just think that the guys behind the counter have good days and bad days, just like everyone else.

• slowryder likes this

#20 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 11243 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted May 12 2017 - 10:19 PM

He was the store manager, was he responsible for many of the problems with lack of customer service. That would be an affirmative. AOS did pickup business after Edelman's closed. I was a customer at both stores back in the 80's and 90's. When the shop was closing on RT 110, I did continue to purchase from them but preferred dealing with owners like Marty and Mark. Never involve family in business. Jose might be the right guy for Coliseum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users