All American... still around? - Page 3 - Gun Stores & Gunsmiths - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

All American... still around?

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#41 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 11243 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted July 31 2017 - 08:37 AM

No, I would definately say emphatically that they suck. I went, very dissapointed, my daughter and a bunch of friends went, because they heard great things about the place, and everyone in a 7 person group said the same thing..dissapointing. My sister and her daughter went last week...called me to tell me how crappy the food was...I think the people raving about this place are riding the nostalgia train, nothing more.

The place is a Gold Mine, I like to think you had a an off day. Like I said before, any business, can and will have an off day. It's expected.
If you own a business it's expected not every customer will leave happy.

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#42 ProGodProGunProLife

ProGodProGunProLife

Gun Guru

• LIF Site Moderator
  • Others: Club LIF Member

• 7041 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted July 31 2017 - 08:59 AM

Regarding All American Burger, I think expectations can greatly influence one's perception of it.  If you have heard lots of hype and expect gourmet burgers, you will be disappointed.  But, if you expect fast food, a step above McDonald's and Burger King, you will probably be pleased. 

The burgers are not as good as higher priced burger joints like Five Guys or Shake Shack, but they are better than typical fast food and not too expensive and the service is fast. 

• boosti likes this

#43 pequa1

pequa1

Gun Guru

• 4923 posts
  • Locationisn't it obvious ?

Posted July 31 2017 - 11:52 AM

and the fries !  OMG the fries !!

#44 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 11243 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted July 31 2017 - 01:24 PM

Regarding All American Burger, I think expectations can greatly influence one's perception of it.  If you have heard lots of hype and expect gourmet burgers, you will be disappointed.  But, if you expect fast food, a step above McDonald's and Burger King, you will probably be pleased. 

The burgers are not as good as higher priced burger joints like Five Guys or Shake Shack, but they are better than typical fast food and not too expensive and the service is fast.

I wouldn't compare All American to Black Label in Westbury which is a step above fast food. I would choose All American over McDonald's or Burger King.
People who have high expectations of a fast food restaurant for having good food are not the typical customers who eat out very much.
On Mother's Day you have folks who go out once a year to eat. They have higher expectations of everything being five star.
I eat out all the time. I can say All American is fast service and cheap. I would stop again and recommend them to someone looking for fast food.
  • ProGodProGunProLife likes this

#45 Sparkie

Sparkie

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationNassau Cty

Posted March 08 2018 - 07:21 PM

Always crowded when I go there. Burgers are what one USED to get in a Place like The Bow WOw in Howard Beach , a nice burger. What I like most is the shakes the mix they use has malt in it as I can taste it. But I only go once or so a year. They are simply not cheap, they are average. Another thing I like is I can get a Gabilla Knish there, with a good mustard. Many years ago I did electrical work in Gabilla's Brooklyn Plant they made me try a Knish right there..... now even theirs reheated in an oven is just only so good. I am spoilt. They moved the operation to Copaigue (the real estate in Brooklyn was priceless). 

But as for AA meh ok food resonable shakes, Buy two let one melt in your fridge for the next day.

#46 TJ Ironhorse

TJ Ironhorse

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 2482 posts
  • LocationNorth Massapequa

Posted March 08 2018 - 07:55 PM

Back to the BURGERS I still prefer White Castle !

All American was close to the worst burger I ever ate. I have no idea what people like about them.

Edited by TJ Ironhorse, March 08 2018 - 07:55 PM.

• Mr. Shotgun, wrench and thetalonguy like this

#47 Parashooter

Parashooter

Gun Guru

• 11553 posts

Posted March 08 2018 - 09:25 PM

Hey Folks...

I guess for someone  who did a fair amount of business there  you would think that i would've gotten the name right..  I really liked that place too...  Matter of fact Jose  was always cool to me..  I'm gonna drive by a lot slower the next time...I remember that they were going to have a range inside as well...  guess that idea went up in smoke too..

"Chet Chet  he's our man.... if he can't do it" .. and so on down the line..

.Thanks for the replies....

Getting approval for the range gave them a big PITA - in the end all the red tape was done - but the 'range' had been stuffed full of "warehouse" stuff from the old shop, and they didn't want to put a full-time guy on doing ebay/GunBroker - which is where all that old stuff would sell.

All American was close to the worst burger I ever ate. I have no idea what people like about them.

OK.... What fast food burger are you comparing it to that's better?   

• NRATC53 likes this

#48 Shotgun682

Shotgun682

LIF Official Supporter

• Club LIF Member
  • 2335 posts

Posted March 08 2018 - 09:30 PM

Getting approval for the range gave them a big PITA - in the end all the red tape was done - but the 'range' had been stuffed full of "warehouse" stuff from the old shop, and they didn't want to put a full-time guy on doing ebay/GunBroker - which is where all that old stuff would sell.

That's not what Angelo said when I saw him a few months ago

#49 Parashooter

Parashooter

Gun Guru

• 11553 posts

Posted March 09 2018 - 12:44 AM

That's not what Angelo said when I saw him a few months ago

Well, that's pretty much what he told me last year... I told him then he needed someone to just be doing Ebay/GunBroker full time (or even part time) to move the stuff...

His decision to close - I don't know what brought that on.  I haven't seen him in probably a year now.

#50 TJ Ironhorse

TJ Ironhorse

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 2482 posts
  • LocationNorth Massapequa

Posted March 09 2018 - 10:12 AM

OK.... What fast food burger are you comparing it to that's better?

Pretty much anyone for me. I simply didn't like their burger. Greasy and way too many onions. Reminded me of a big McDonalds burger. To be fair I tried them more than once, figuring perhaps I hit them on a bad day. I did like their shakes.

Edited by TJ Ironhorse, March 09 2018 - 10:15 AM.

#51 Phoenix69

Phoenix69

Gun Guru

• 25759 posts
  • LocationA little place I like to call "you"ll see".

Posted March 09 2018 - 10:21 AM

It appears that this thread is still around!

• NRATC53 likes this

#52 Shotgun682

Shotgun682

LIF Official Supporter

• Club LIF Member
  • 2335 posts

Posted March 09 2018 - 11:04 AM

Well, that's pretty much what he told me last year... I told him then he needed someone to just be doing Ebay/GunBroker full time (or even part time) to move the stuff...

His decision to close - I don't know what brought that on. I haven't seen him in probably a year now.

Clean out your mailbox

#53 Parashooter

Parashooter

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • 11553 posts

Posted March 09 2018 - 01:10 PM

Clean out your mailbox

Again?  Jeez!   This site has got to have the smallest message allowance!!!!   And I think it's getting smaller too!.... OK, give me 5 minutes....

#54 Gaijin

Gaijin

Respected Gunowner

• 244 posts
  • LocationLong I$land

Posted March 09 2018 - 07:29 PM

I just  dont like it when a Brick n Mortar  goes out of business 

#55 pequa1

pequa1

Gun Guru

• 4923 posts

Posted March 10 2018 - 09:54 AM

Few will miss that one though.   The alleged salespeople, chatting on and on with their friends, would look at you as if you spit in their hair.   Archery guy seemed OK.

#56 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 11243 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted March 10 2018 - 11:15 AM

When Edelmans closed, American Outdoors was busy. The location was convenient for many customers who traveled from the city area. The weekend before opening day Deer hunting season was always packed.
From 2007-2017 people who owned a Firearms business made a very nice living.
From what I heard it was a family member who was running the business. Poor customer service was primarily the reason it closed. It's a lesson for any smart business person, never let a family member run a small business.

#57 pequa1

pequa1

Gun Guru

• 4923 posts

Posted March 10 2018 - 11:29 AM

I was last in the dump in 2004 or so when I took bow hunters safety there.  When I found out the course was there, I tried to find another location, based on what I knew of the place from a few years earlier.

#58 P Martin

P Martin

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • Donated Member
  • 1186 posts
  • LocationMassapequa

Posted March 10 2018 - 11:32 AM

This is a great thread. If you want to talk burgers, you can and if you want to talk sporting goods stores, no problem.

No one gets accused of Hi-jacking. Whaaaat a country

• gcloss likes this

#59 Gaijin

Gaijin

Respected Gunowner

• 244 posts
  • LocationLong I$land

Posted March 10 2018 - 12:27 PM

I have to admit  that their Customer service wasn't  stellar..  I remember ordering  2 shotguns there and taking forever  to surface.  I finally  cancelled one  when the other came in.. I think they knew it was never  going to arrive...I

remember when  back in the day when they were  busy..  I only remember Jose,  the guy  with the ponytail and there was a kindly older soft spoken guy there too..   Nothing personal  against them.. mind you..   Went there  with a GF  once...as

i remember...  THAT always got you prompt and often courteous  attention..

Loved Edelmans too...  could get lost in that place..  spent a lotta money there... and how...

#60 Shotgun682

Shotgun682

LIF Official Supporter

• Club LIF Member
  • 2335 posts

Posted March 10 2018 - 12:38 PM

When Edelmans closed, American Outdoors was busy. The location was convenient for many customers who traveled from the city area. The weekend before opening day Deer hunting season was always packed.
From 2007-2017 people who owned a Firearms business made a very nice living.
From what I heard it was a family member who was running the business. Poor customer service was primarily the reason it closed. It's a lesson for any smart business person, never let a family member run a small business.

Daughter and son inlaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users