All American... still around? - Page 2 - Gun Stores & Gunsmiths - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

All American... still around?

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#21 Gaijin

Gaijin

Respected Gunowner

• Topic Starter
  • Established Member + Classifieds
  • 244 posts
  • LocationLong I$land

Posted April 26 2017 - 10:56 PM

Hey Folks...

I guess for someone  who did a fair amount of business there  you would think that i would've gotten the name right..  I really liked that place too...  Matter of fact Jose  was always cool to me..  I'm gonna drive by a lot slower the next time...I remember that they were going to have a range inside as well...  guess that idea went up in smoke too..

"Chet Chet  he's our man.... if he can't do it" .. and so on down the line..

.Thanks for the replies....

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#22 Semperfi

Semperfi

Respected Gunowner

• Topic Starter
  • 282 posts

Posted April 26 2017 - 11:00 PM

Jose works at GCT now. Don't know if that is good or bad.

Where's that

#23 Gaijin

Gaijin

Respected Gunowner

• 244 posts
  • LocationLong I$land

Posted April 26 2017 - 11:02 PM

Where's that

I was curious too..

#24 Bozack

Bozack

Respected Gunowner

• 113 posts

Posted July 28 2017 - 07:20 PM

It is closed. Owner ran it into the ground by not buying anything but antique guns. Last time I went in there, the newest gun was five years old.

#25 LarryD23

LarryD23

Gun Guru

• 985 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted July 28 2017 - 07:39 PM

American Outdoor Sports\

238 Farmingdale Road, Farmingdale

As Google states, "Permanently Closed"

#26 pequa1

pequa1

Gun Guru

• 4923 posts
  • Locationisn't it obvious ?

Posted July 29 2017 - 11:53 AM

Worst customer service EVER.    They looked at you like you spit in their hair.  And only if they got off their personal cell phones first.

Gun store or not, good riddance.

#27 Landlubber

Landlubber

Sharp Shooter!

• 350 posts
  • LocationNassau NY

Posted July 29 2017 - 01:37 PM

I was curious too..

Coliseum Gun Traders.

#28 mason852

mason852

Still a David Crockett kid

• Club LIF Member
  • 2685 posts
  • Locationridge

Posted July 29 2017 - 01:42 PM

Back to the BURGERS I still prefer White Castle !

• TJ Ironhorse likes this

#29 NRATC53

NRATC53

Now an Ex NYer

• Donated Member
  • 24738 posts

Posted July 29 2017 - 07:32 PM

Best knishes bar none. They must deep fry them. You can buy Gabila's yourself at a supermarket but they won't taste the same. Anyone remember when the Gabila's factory in Jersey went on fire like a year and a half ago? All American was knish-less for a couple of months.

Machinery was wiped out, they had top have a new square knish machine made

#30 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 11243 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted July 29 2017 - 08:36 PM

I had a knish at All American around the Spring time. It was definitely good. One of the customers was asking if they changed to a different burger company. My friend said the burgers have changed. I thought the burger was good. Better quality than McDonald's or Burger King.
  • NRATC53 likes this

#31 NRATC53

NRATC53

Now an Ex NYer

• Donated Member
  • 24738 posts

Posted July 29 2017 - 09:21 PM

I had a knish at All American around the Spring time. It was definitely good. One of the customers was asking if they changed to a different burger company. My friend said the burgers have changed. I thought the burger was good. Better quality than McDonald's or Burger King.

Definitely worth a stop if I'm in the area

#32 Parashooter

Parashooter

Gun Guru

• 11553 posts

Posted July 30 2017 - 11:38 AM

I don't know about the factory fire....  But going way back - 20 years give or take they changed to a round knish, whether it was from a different manufacturer or just a different 'model' I don't know, but they weren't as good, no one like them, and they switched back with in a couple months.

#33 finfeathr

finfeathr

Respected Gunowner

• Topic Starter
  • 180 posts

Posted July 30 2017 - 12:42 PM

I used to go there a while back, but the food absolutely sucks there now..was there this spring and wouldn't reccomend it to my worst enemy...

#34 Gaijin

Gaijin

Respected Gunowner

• 244 posts
  • LocationLong I$land

Posted July 30 2017 - 12:56 PM

Same here,

She's closed down...  place looks locked up tight.  Boy Howdy....  I remember them back in the day...  when Edelman's closed down they were like  V2.0-  same area and a lot of stuff!  Attitude yeah....  so what?  Gimme  my Shooting  iron and i'll be on my way.

Guess thats  where it got them.  Guess  it's the same as what everyone else says..."  why buy it local when i can buy it online"

#35 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 11243 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted July 30 2017 - 01:14 PM

I used to go there a while back, but the food absolutely sucks there now..was there this spring and wouldn't reccomend it to my worst enemy...

I wouldn't say it sucks, any place can have a bad day.
If you own a business, it's expected to have a bad day. Eating at a fast food restaurant once and going back a few years later to say it sucks is unfair.

#36 P Martin

P Martin

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 1186 posts
  • LocationMassapequa

Posted July 30 2017 - 02:43 PM

I've been going for 30 years, ever since I lived in Massapequa. It has definitely changed, but still 10X better than the fast food burgers and cheaper too 

#37 hawkeye

hawkeye

Gunecologist

• Club LIF Member
  • Others: Donated Member

• 2261 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted July 30 2017 - 03:09 PM

Eat there about 20 years ago and the food was good for a fast food joint. Good burgers and good fries. American Roadkill in Smithtown was good when they opened, but not anymore.

As for American Outdoor Sports, that's what happens when you have a relative (SIL) running your business and employees that frankly dont give a damn. Harry in Archery was the only good employee and a real asset for them.

#38 Swstock

Swstock

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 1665 posts

Posted July 31 2017 - 04:45 AM

I went there a few times and frankly never had the urge to buy anything.

I did my very first AR lower transfer there. 1 guy told me what to do. He was off the day or arrived and someone else was pissed that I did it.

They also told me that I should have bought RRA or a DPMS. GTFO

Clueless group over there.

Oh and All American burgers suck.

#39 NRATC53

NRATC53

Now an Ex NYer

• Donated Member
  • 24738 posts

Posted July 31 2017 - 05:48 AM

I don't know about the factory fire....  But going way back - 20 years give or take they changed to a round knish, whether it was from a different manufacturer or just a different 'model' I don't know, but they weren't as good, no one like them, and they switched back with in a couple months.

They make both- right here in Copiague. They are the only company that still makes the square knish. A fire at their factory in September damaged the company's knish-making machine, halting production and leading to a nationwide shortage

#40 finfeathr

finfeathr

Respected Gunowner

• 180 posts

Posted July 31 2017 - 06:53 AM

I wouldn't say it sucks, any place can have a bad day.
If you own a business, it's expected to have a bad day. Eating at a fast food restaurant once and going back a few years later to say it sucks is unfair.

No, I would definately say emphatically that they suck. I went, very dissapointed, my daughter and a bunch of friends went, because they heard great things about the place, and everyone in a 7 person group said the same thing..dissapointing. My sister and her daughter went last week...called me to tell me how crappy the food was...I think the people raving about this place are riding the nostalgia train, nothing more.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users