President Donald Trump will speak at the National Rifle Association’s - Page 2 - Chit-Chat - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

President Donald Trump will speak at the National Rifle Association’s

trump nra

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
73 replies to this topic

#21 Steyr AUG man

Steyr AUG man

• Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted April 18 2017 - 07:16 PM

I dont know how i missed this thread. Oh well, better late to the party than miss it all together.

3000fps is right on point. Of Trump's many issues, probably the most dangerous for the country is his ability, indeed his desire, to be so easily baited. Look at how he reacts to ALec Baldwin on SNL. That guy is funny as hell with his impersonation. Not since Chevy Chase doing Ford and Rich Little doing Nixon did a comedian get a president so on mark. 

Q: What is this a description of?

A condition in which people have an inflated sense of their own importance, a deep need for admiration and a lack of empathy for others. But behind this mask of ultraconfidence lies a fragile self-esteem that's vulnerable to the slightest criticism. 

You may come across as conceited, boastful or pretentious. You often monopolize conversations. You may belittle or look down on people you perceive as inferior. You may feel a sense of entitlement — and when you don't receive special treatment, you may become impatient or angry. You may insist on having "the best" of everything — for instance, the best car, athletic club or medical care.

At the same time, you have trouble handling anything that may be perceived as criticism. You may have secret feelings of insecurity, shame, vulnerability and humiliation. To feel better, you may react with rage or contempt and try to belittle the other person to make yourself appear superior. Or you may feel depressed and moody because you fall short of perfection.

A. If you said "our president" you would be correct. But more to the point, it is also the clinical description of  Narcissistic personality disorder, which is a mental disorder.

According to the DSM-5 (Diagnostical and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders) criteria for narcissistic personality disorder include these features:

• Having an exaggerated sense of self-importance
  • Expecting to be recognized as superior even without achievements that warrant it
  • Exaggerating your achievements and talents
  • Being preoccupied with fantasies about success, power, brilliance, beauty or the perfect mate
  • Believing that you are superior and can only be understood by or associate with equally special people
  • Requiring constant admiration
  • Having a sense of entitlement
  • Expecting special favors and unquestioning compliance with your expectations
  • Taking advantage of others to get what you want
  • Having an inability or unwillingness to recognize the needs and feelings of others
  • Being envious of others and believing others envy you
  • Behaving in an arrogant or haughty manner

Although some features of narcissistic personality disorder may seem like having confidence, it's not the same. Narcissistic personality disorder crosses the border of healthy confidence into thinking so highly of yourself that you put yourself on a pedestal and value yourself more than you value others.

If nobody here is concerned that we have a president that clearly suffers from a known mental disorder, it just shows that the Stockholm Syndrome is in full effect here. 

• 3000fps likes this

# Advertisement

Advertisement
  • Topic Starter

Posted A minute ago

#22 samwag

samwag

Sharp Shooter!

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 347 posts
  • Locationeast northport

Posted April 18 2017 - 07:23 PM

• Expecting to be recognized as superior even without achievements that warrant it
  • Being preoccupied with fantasies about success, power, brilliance, beauty or the perfect mate
  • Believing that you are superior and can only be understood by or associate with equally special people
  • Having an inability or unwillingness to recognize the needs and feelings of others

and which one of these traits is the President guilty of

He is a billionaire who just became the most powerful man in the world without serving any previous political office

he is self important his achievements warrant it he is superior to you and me in every sense of the word,when it comes to success. 

as much as i disagreed with Obama policies the same could be said about him and for that matter almost all previous presidents.

#23 Phoenix69

Phoenix69

Gun Guru

• 25934 posts
  • LocationA little place I like to call "you"ll see".

Posted April 18 2017 - 09:01 PM

I dont know how i missed this thread. Oh well, better late to the party than miss it all together.

3000fps is right on point. Of Trump's many issues, probably the most dangerous for the country is his ability, indeed his desire, to be so easily baited. Look at how he reacts to ALec Baldwin on SNL. That guy is funny as hell with his impersonation. Not since Chevy Chase doing Ford and Rich Little doing Nixon did a comedian get a president so on mark. 

Q: What is this a description of?

A condition in which people have an inflated sense of their own importance, a deep need for admiration and a lack of empathy for others. But behind this mask of ultraconfidence lies a fragile self-esteem that's vulnerable to the slightest criticism. [/size]
You may come across as conceited, boastful or pretentious. You often monopolize conversations. You may belittle or look down on people you perceive as inferior. You may feel a sense of entitlement — and when you don't receive special treatment, you may become impatient or angry. You may insist on having "the best" of everything — for instance, the best car, athletic club or medical care.[/size]
At the same time, you have trouble handling anything that may be perceived as criticism. You may have secret feelings of insecurity, shame, vulnerability and humiliation. To feel better, you may react with rage or contempt and try to belittle the other person to make yourself appear superior. Or you may feel depressed and moody because you fall short of perfection.

A. If you said "our president" you would be correct. But more to the point, it is also the clinical description of  Narcissistic personality disorder, which is a mental disorder.

According to the DSM-5 (Diagnostical and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders) criteria for narcissistic personality disorder include these features:[/size]

Although some features of narcissistic personality disorder may seem like having confidence, it's not the same. Narcissistic personality disorder crosses the border of healthy confidence into thinking so highly of yourself that you put yourself on a pedestal and value yourself more than you value others.

If nobody here is concerned that we have a president that clearly suffers from a known mental disorder, it just shows that the Stockholm Syndrome is in full effect here.
You were probably too busy doing endless posts bashing him on one of your many "I hate Trump" threads.

#24 3000fps

3000fps

Respected Gunowner

• 159 posts
  • LocationCommie york

Posted April 18 2017 - 10:31 PM

You were probably too busy doing endless posts bashing him on one of your many "I hate Trump" threads.

Well hes easy to bash.. you guys like to say liberals thought of Obama as God and they did. Your doing the same thing with trump..hes a liar, a DRAFT DODGER, a narcissist and a flip flopper on policy... But He's infallible too you, i truly dont understand. I voted for the guy i get it, but the fact that you cant call out his bullshit when you see it is the worst case of cognitive dissonance ive ever seen. Are you people that disgruntled and angry that youll turn a blind eye to everything he does?
  • Steyr AUG man likes this

#25 Steyr AUG man

Steyr AUG man

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted April 19 2017 - 01:42 AM

He is a billionaire who just became the most powerful man in the world without serving any previous political office

Keeping in mind that he got about 3 million less votes than she did, he only became the man in that office for two main reasons.

1. He had a record setting turnout of less educated voters vote for him who didnt have the discernment to see through his con game hustle.

In the 2016 election, a wide gap in presidential preferences emerged between those with and without a college degree. College graduates backed Clinton by a 9-point margin (52%-43%), while those without a college degree backed Trump 52%-44%. This is by far the widest gap in support among college graduates and non-college graduates in exit polls dating back to 1980. For example, in 2012, there was hardly any difference between the two groups: College graduates backed Obama over Romney by 50%-48%, and those without a college degree also supported Obama 51%-47%. Among whites, Trump won an overwhelming share of those without a college degree. Trump’s margin among whites without a college degree is the largest among any candidate in exit polls since 1980. Two-thirds (67%) of non-college whites backed Trump, compared with just 28% who supported Clinton, resulting in a 39-point advantage for Trump among this group. Due largely to the dramatic movement among whites with no college degree, the gap between college and non-college whites is wider in 2016 than in any past election dating to 1980.

2. A foreign government with a powerful intelligence service tampered with our election in key swing states, causing the popular will of the people to be thwarted and subverted, which allowed the states' electors to be awarded to him. Russia saw it as the only way to subvert the will of the majority, and get their useful fool placed in office. 

he is self important his achievements warrant it he is superior to you and me in every sense of the word,when it comes to success.

You are really selling yourself short. Do you really think if your father was the richest millionaire in New York when you were growing up, and he lent you $14,000,000 (which in todays dollars is worth over $32,000,000) to start out, and personally guaranteed your first deals, and then in a couple of years along with your siblings, he went on to lend you more than $53 million in todays dollars, do you really doubt you could have become successful? 

I guess you do know yourself, so he probably is superior to you. Your comment seems a little low self esteem-ish, but I know he is in no way superior to me. If we both started with the same advantages, on a level playing field, with my father and family lending me over $86 million, there is no way, considering that narcissistic mental disorder, that he would be in a superior position to me

We elected a guy who drove his companies into bankruptcy four times. But I guess, against all the lack of business skills that demonstrates, you will find a positive way to spin that too. (Likely disregarding all the employees, vendors, and creditors who he avoided having to pay for services rendered, causing many of them to go out of business and fire many people.)

#26 samwag

samwag

Sharp Shooter!

• 347 posts
  • Locationeast northport

Posted April 19 2017 - 05:15 AM

Keeping in mind that he got about 3 million less votes than she did, he only became the man in that office for two main reasons.

1. He had a record setting turnout of less educated voters vote for him who didnt have the discernment to see through his con game hustle.

In the 2016 election, a wide gap in presidential preferences emerged between those with and without a college degree. College graduates backed Clinton by a 9-point margin (52%-43%), while those without a college degree backed Trump 52%-44%. This is by far the widest gap in support among college graduates and non-college graduates in exit polls dating back to 1980. For example, in 2012, there was hardly any difference between the two groups: College graduates backed Obama over Romney by 50%-48%, and those without a college degree also supported Obama 51%-47%. Among whites, Trump won an overwhelming share of those without a college degree. Trump’s margin among whites without a college degree is the largest among any candidate in exit polls since 1980. Two-thirds (67%) of non-college whites backed Trump, compared with just 28% who supported Clinton, resulting in a 39-point advantage for Trump among this group. Due largely to the dramatic movement among whites with no college degree, the gap between college and non-college whites is wider in 2016 than in any past election dating to 1980.

2. A foreign government with a powerful intelligence service tampered with our election in key swing states, causing the popular will of the people to be thwarted and subverted, which allowed the states' electors to be awarded to him. Russia saw it as the only way to subvert the will of the majority, and get their useful fool placed in office. 

You are really selling yourself short. Do you really think if your father was the richest millionaire in New York when you were growing up, and he lent you $14,000,000 (which in todays dollars is worth over $32,000,000) to start out, and personally guaranteed your first deals, and then in a couple of years along with your siblings, he went on to lend you more than $53 million in todays dollars, do you really doubt you could have become successful? 

I guess you do know yourself, so he probably is superior to you. Your comment seems a little low self esteem-ish, but I know he is in no way superior to me. If we both started with the same advantages, on a level playing field, with my father and family lending me over $86 million, there is no way, considering that narcissistic mental disorder, that he would be in a superior position to me

We elected a guy who drove his companies into bankruptcy four times. But I guess, against all the lack of business skills that demonstrates, you will find a positive way to spin that too. (Likely disregarding all the employees, vendors, and creditors who he avoided having to pay for services rendered, causing many of them to go out of business and fire many people.)

This is your most delusional statement to date

prove how successful you are list your resume

and after you do i will give you a list of people who come from much less who are much more successful who started with much less

anybody who says what they could of done if they only had the same as the other guy is full of crap

#27 Landlubber

Landlubber

Sharp Shooter!

• 350 posts
  • LocationNassau NY

Posted April 19 2017 - 07:17 AM

and which one of these traits is the President guilty of

as much as i disagreed with Obama policies the same could be said about him and for that matter almost all previous presidents.

Trump made a lot more money than I have, he also started out with more money, and made some choices that I would NOT have made due to my sense of ethics and fair play. I would say "success" is an individual yardstick. Trump is vastly wealthier than I am, yet I would not trade places with him if I had to do the things that he did to get there. for example, I never declared bankruptcy and I paid everyone who ever worked for me, even at one point where I had to go work for somebody else to pay them because I got stiffed by someone else. And personally, I think Trump is almost comical, he's such an egotist. 

I believe there are plenty of things you can like about what Trump did politically, while at the same time pretty much despising him as an individual. I cabn't really think of ANY POTUS I really was fond of while they were in office, I think the two most decent guys (not saying most capable, but two genuinely decent people as individuals), and also the ones who took the worst beating from the public, were Carter and GWB. 

We won't know what Trump's legacy will be concerning Gun Control- but I have some reservations, because I see him as an opportunist. As long as most of the country is against gun control, we're fine. the moment it becomes politically inconvenient for him, I think he'll deny ever being "for guns".

• Steyr AUG man likes this

#28 Steyr AUG man

Steyr AUG man

• Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted April 19 2017 - 09:26 AM

Trump made a lot more money than I have, he also started out with more money, and made some choices that I would NOT have made due to my sense of ethics and fair play. I would say "success" is an individual yardstick. Trump is vastly wealthier than I am, yet I would not trade places with him if I had to do the things that he did to get there. for example, I never declared bankruptcy and I paid everyone who ever worked for me, even at one point where I had to go work for somebody else to pay them because I got stiffed by someone else. And personally, I think Trump is almost comical, he's such an egotist. 

I believe there are plenty of things you can like about what Trump did politically, while at the same time pretty much despising him as an individual. I cabn't really think of ANY POTUS I really was fond of while they were in office, I think the two most decent guys (not saying most capable, but two genuinely decent people as individuals), and also the ones who took the worst beating from the public, were Carter and GWB. 

We won't know what Trump's legacy will be concerning Gun Control- but I have some reservations, because I see him as an opportunist. As long as most of the country is against gun control, we're fine. the moment it becomes politically inconvenient for him, I think he'll deny ever being "for guns".

absolutely right. give this man a cigar.

#29 leftjammer

leftjammer

Gun Guru

• 2643 posts
  • LocationNew Hyde Park

Posted April 19 2017 - 01:17 PM

the never trump cult still doesnt get it - Maybe if you guys got past hate you might have some points to make.

Other than that you sound like just another ahole with severe butthurt- 

So tell us...Are you still beating your wife or have you moved on to beating the children like last time??

4a9b2a6f998b928ba558fe6e22659736d02ae5e2

#30 3000fps

3000fps

Respected Gunowner

• 159 posts
  • LocationCommie york

Posted April 19 2017 - 01:30 PM

the never trump cult still doesnt get it - Maybe if you guys got past hate you might have some points to make.

So tell us...Are you still beating your wife or have you moved on to beating the children like last time??

Every point I made it solid, it just goes over your head. Please go back to my other posts, what have I said that isnt true? I'd like to know. Did he not dodge a draft? Lets start there.

#31 zzrguy

zzrguy

That Guy

• Administrators
  • Others: Club LIF Member

• 11497 posts
  • LocationIn a dark corner in the center of my happy place.

Posted April 19 2017 - 02:23 PM

And your option for president where who?

OH YEAH BAD AND WORST!

Yes this country disserves better, but that was not a chose. Bad or Worst where it and we are stuck with Bad. He still better then Hillary sorry to say your stuck with him for 4 long years. So suck it up like the rest of the adult and move on cupcake there is not a thing you can done about it for 4 years.

#32 Phoenix69

Phoenix69

Gun Guru

• 25934 posts
  • LocationA little place I like to call "you"ll see".

Posted April 19 2017 - 03:19 PM

Liberals are just hate mongers. They are unable to get over it. Hate gives meaning to their lives.

#33 Steyr AUG man

Steyr AUG man

• Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted April 19 2017 - 03:42 PM

Every point I made it solid, it just goes over your head. Please go back to my other posts, what have I said that isnt true? I'd like to know. Did he not dodge a draft? Lets start there.

I started to note the same thing about their replies. they are totally unresponsive to what they are purportedly responding to. Either they are not reading them, or they might just really be going over their head.

This is your most delusional statement to date

prove how successful you are list your resume

and after you do i will give you a list of people who come from much less who are much more successful who started with much less

anybody who says what they could of done if they only had the same as the other guy is full of crap

Clearly your idea of success is a bit different than mine. His mental complex doesnt allow him to be happy with what he has. why else would a billionaire want to give up so much to be president? he clearly has enough money for a hundred lifetimes. for him, it is all about acquiring power. we know she was in it for the money. that was her motivation. He is another story.

I was completely successful in my life up to this point. I had the usual part time jobs when i was a kid. i wound up in college, and decided it wasnt for me at that time, so i dropped out. That made me happy. I wound up getting a civil service job where i loved going to work every day for 25 years, every day was a new chance to help people, and i actually missed it whenever i would take a day off. I knew i would never get rich doing it, but the job satisfaction i had more than made up for it. I mentor teenage boys in brownsville on saturdays. we teach them about skills they will find useful in life, how to apply for jobs, how to do good on interviews, how to dress for success, how to resolve conflicts with bosses, coworkers, friends, strangers. How to not act stupid when dealing with the police. how to avoid getting in or staying in relationships with females that will lead to problems.

I am part of a charitable organization that donates coats and other clothes to the homeless in harlem. We feed the hungry in brooklyn and harlem. I am the head of a scholarship committee that provides partial scholarships and book grants to kids entering college. we do a dinner dance and put out a journal to raise funds to accomplish that. i personally donate a few thousand dollars to go towards the grants and scholarships. i mentor kids in my church regarding the same things as we do for the kids in brooklyn. i work my church's food pantry, picking up food from Long Island Harvest in Uniondale, and bagging and distributing it at our food pantry to some needy families from hempstead and uniondale. I setup a computer learning center at my church to teach neighborhood residents computer skills needed to write resumes, and apply to work in offices where light clerical skills are required. i donate my time and materials for other fundraising activities for various ministries at my church.  

I have been very much blessed throughout my life, and i believe in what is written in Luke 12:48 - For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required. I learned that early on in my life. To me, service to others is its own reward. 

I like to share my blessing in life, in terms of experience, time and money, with folks that are still waiting for their blessings. I am completely satisfied with where I am at this point in my life.

Insofaras i am completely content and happy, i am indeed successful. I enjoy my life every day that i wake up, and i am thankful for all God has blessed me with up to this point, be it people, materials, situations, as well as what He will continue to bless me with in the future.

Just as with brother Landlubber above, I would not trade places with that sad excuse for a man, trying to accumulate power and wealth, chasing the happiness that continues to elude him. If he was so secure and happy with his life, the SNL skits would have him laughing along with the rest of us. I guess due to his mental condition as noted above, he cant help how he is, but it is still sad. 

Since you know nothing about me or my life, your claim that so and so is more successful than I am is absurd and indeed, laughable. I wouldnt normally go into such detail, but your request to show how successful i am brought on the lengthy response, and i didnt even begin to scratch the surface of the things that make me a success in my life. Its too bad you dont feel the same way about yours.

#34 2edgesword

2edgesword

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 7319 posts

Posted April 19 2017 - 03:53 PM

I started to note the same thing about their replies. they are totally unresponsive to what they are purportedly responding to. Either they are not reading them, or they might just really be going over their head.

Clearly your idea of success is a bit different than mine. His mental complex doesnt allow him to be happy with what he has. why else would a billionaire want to give up so much to be president? he clearly has enough money for a hundred lifetimes. for him, it is all about acquiring power. we know she was in it for the money. that was her motivation. He is another story.

I was completely successful in my life up to this point...

I appreciate you sharing your story and enjoyed reading it.

On the flip side I'd say you haven't got a clue about what makes Trump tick and why he would or anyone else would want this job seeing what it has done to the people who have taken it on over the last 40 years. I think it's a drive and motivation the average individual (myself include) cannot understand. As much as I totally disagreed with just about everything Obama did during his presidency it takes a special kind of person with unique gifts to win and endure this job for eight years.

So I'm not going to question what Trump's deep, hidden motivations are for seeking, winning and take this job. I've also taken a wait (a period a lot longer than three months) and see attitude about with I made a bigger mistake in voting for him than the mistake of having voted for Clinton. On election day the choices were known disaster (Clinton) versus the unknown, potential disaster (Trump). The jury is still out.
  • Landlubber likes this

#35 3000fps

3000fps

Respected Gunowner

• 159 posts
  • LocationCommie york

Posted April 19 2017 - 03:58 PM

Liberals are just hate mongers. They are unable to get over it. Hate gives meaning to their lives.

Lol Which one of my posts are untrue?? Now let me ask you too, is he a draft dodger? Lets start there.

#36 3000fps

3000fps

Respected Gunowner

• Topic Starter
  • 159 posts
  • LocationCommie york

Posted April 19 2017 - 04:01 PM

Liberals are just hate mongers. They are unable to get over it. Hate gives meaning to their lives.

And whos the one calling names and actually spewing hate?? Im stating facts that you cannot refute. It's evident by how you guys aren't even mentioning the things I'm saying but just calling me names LOL saying I beat my children LOL but you not once have been able to refute one fact I've said with an educated statement, why is that?

#37 samwag

samwag

Sharp Shooter!

• Topic Starter
  • 347 posts
  • Locationeast northport

Posted April 19 2017 - 04:27 PM

stery

missed the point 

personal success has nothing to do with this conversation

you implied if you where given what trump has you would surpass his success

"You are really selling yourself short. Do you really think if your father was the richest millionaire in New York when you were growing up, and he lent you $14,000,000 (which in todays dollars is worth over $32,000,000) to start out, and personally guaranteed your first deals, and then in a couple of years along with your siblings, he went on to lend you more than $53 million in todays dollars, do you really doubt you could have become successful?"

you have not shown anything to convince me you are capable of success in business or politics as Trump has achieved 

you are the one who has made all attacks on the president about his personal character  

stop calling his supporters morons chop up his policies and i might take you seriously but for now your comments are nothing more than a side show distraction

ps very nice on the charitable work

however saintly mother Theresa was she would of not been a good president

#38 samwag

samwag

Sharp Shooter!

• Topic Starter
  • 347 posts
  • Locationeast northport

Posted April 19 2017 - 04:33 PM

Lol Which one of my posts are untrue?? Now let me ask you too, is he a draft dodger? Lets start there.

typical liberal response twist truth to make a point  whats next say he lied

definition 

Draft evasion is an intentional decision not to comply with the military conscription policies of one's nation.

Trump

But after he graduated from college in the spring of 1968, making him eligible to be drafted and sent to Vietnam, he received a diagnosis that would change his path: bone spurs in his heels.

The diagnosis resulted in a coveted 1-Y medical deferment that fall, exempting him from military service as the United States was undertaking huge troop deployments to Southeast Asia, inducting about 300,000 men into the military that year.

The deferment was one of five Mr. Trump received during Vietnam. The others were for education.

#39 samwag

samwag

Sharp Shooter!

• 347 posts
  • Locationeast northport

Posted April 19 2017 - 04:36 PM

steyr

"Its too bad you dont feel the same way about yours"

hmmmmmmmmmmmm  

you kill me 

#40 3000fps

3000fps

Respected Gunowner

• 159 posts
  • LocationCommie york

Posted April 19 2017 - 04:45 PM

typical liberal response twist truth to make a point  whats next say he lied

definition 
Draft evasion is an intentional decision not to comply with the military conscription policies of one's nation.

Trump
But after he graduated from college in the spring of 1968, making him eligible to be drafted and sent to Vietnam, he received a diagnosis that would change his path: bone spurs in his heels.

The diagnosis resulted in a coveted 1-Y medical deferment that fall, exempting him from military service as the United States was undertaking huge troop deployments to Southeast Asia, inducting about 300,000 men into the military that year.

The deferment was one of five Mr. Trump received during Vietnam. The others were for education.

And you really believe that his millionaire feet were to bad to serve. You have drank the koolaid.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: trump, nra

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users