What gun do you wish you never bought or the biggest piece of crap you own - Page 4 - Chit-Chat - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

What gun do you wish you never bought or the biggest piece of crap you own

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#61 NRATC53

NRATC53

Now an Ex NYer

• Donated Member
  • 24738 posts

Posted September 18 2020 - 05:11 PM

The following are in no particular order and represent guns that I have regretted buying because of the guns themselves (functionality, value, etc). There are several safe queens that i might regret buying now because looking back because i haven't used them a lot, or at all, but I haven't included them here.  

Bersa Thunder - two have broken. Pull trigger nothing happens. One I returned for lifetime warranty. The other I am keeping to get fixed under warrant because I can't return it to wholesaler like the first. 

Ruger LC9  - horrible trigger, bad customer welched on gunbroker, sold eventually for less. 

Ruger LCR - not bad trigger, way too light, very unfortable to shoot. sold it.

Remignton 770 (gun was fine for the money, but couldn't get it to "fit" right for eye relief)

KelTec P32 - carried nearly 24/7 for many years, but shot comparably little. Light, but long (and thus dreadful) trigger. Unfortable. The more I shot it, the more proficient I became, but the less reliable it became. It was always bad with hollow points and then started failing to jam with ball ammo I had fired hundreds of rounds successful. Now I would do Ruger LCP II or LCP Custom.

Walther P22. Bought it because I wanted a more "tactical" 22 that was more like a regular gun rather than my Ruger Mark III Competition (sights kept coming loose, but I don't regret that one yet). Wanted the P22 so I could have threaded barrel before SAFE kicked in. Gun is "meh." I would try the Ruger SR22 if I had to do it all over again. 

Colt 1911 Anniversary Edition of 2011. Stripped down, GI model, still unfired in the box. Paid full MSRP as it was hard to find, Looking back, I would have settled for any Colt Government Model, like the one I bought in recently from an estate. My only regret is that I (had) to overpay at the time. Same is true of my first Colt AR, but I don't regret that.

Serious question on the LC9- Was it a Gen 1 or a Gen 2? Gen 1 guns had a long creepy trigger, Gen 2s do not. World of difference

Edited by NRATC53, September 18 2020 - 05:14 PM.

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#62 NRATC53

NRATC53

Now an Ex NYer

• Donated Member
  • 24738 posts

Posted September 18 2020 - 05:14 PM

I had an AMT .380 Backup, it was a terrible pistol. Was lucky the owner of the gun shop took it back and used that credit to buy a S&W 640 Centennial.

I have one. Not a pleasant pistol to shoot, but then again it isn't made for that. Have the B/U in .45 ACP as well, think of the .380x2

#63 Dale Sr.

Dale Sr.

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 569 posts
  • LocationWantagh

Posted September 19 2020 - 12:02 AM

Ruger 10/22 when the first stainless and polymer version came out. That had to be the most frustrating firearm ever. stove piped, failed to eject, you name it. Back to Ruger twice and still repeated the same issues. Tryied just about every type of .22lr I could get my hands on. Just about gave it away in the end. Oh...Baikal coach gun external hammers which I found out later on that it wasn't a true external hammered gun. Hammers operated a real funky internal hammer system that looked like it was fabricated in a high school metals shop, pure junk.

#64 cprstn54

cprstn54

Banned

• Banned
  • 346 posts
  • LocationCenterport, NY

Posted September 20 2020 - 11:33 AM

Ruger LCR - not bad trigger, way too light, very unfortable to shoot. sold it.

What caliber?

I have the LCRx (38 spl +P) and like it. It is essentially a mouse gun (13.5 oz), excellent for CC, but there is a lethal Buffalo Bore cartridge for it.

It certainly kicks with the BB hot load -- not to mention that it takes some force to eject spent cases --  but it is a gun you will carry often and shoot rarely.

With one of those IWB "shirt tuckable" holsters, no one can tell you are packing even with a tucked-in shirt. And you forget you are carrying.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users