What gun do you wish you never bought or the biggest piece of crap you own - Page 3 - Chit-Chat - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

What gun do you wish you never bought or the biggest piece of crap you own

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#41 anthonyr

anthonyr

Junior

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 305 posts

Posted February 12 2018 - 09:03 AM

I know this is gonna start some crap. I'm gonna go with my wasr~10.bought it at t&t around 2004 and never use it.. Sure it fires loads and ejects every round. What they hit after 25 yds is another story.
  • ethanjordan likes this

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#42 depiazzy

depiazzy

Respected Gunowner

• 116 posts
  • Locationislip

Posted February 27 2018 - 05:18 PM

Ruger American 9mm hand gun.
Thing weighed more then a Glock 17. Was uncomfortable as all hell. Kept shooting left the way the rear of the gun was molded it was a square block. If the mag was loaded with 10 rounds it would drop the slide release by it self. Looked at video reviews. Others have the same issue. No gun should go into battery by loading a full magazine into it. Traded it for a Glock 43 and lost money but good riddens I hated that thing.
Never buy a new to the market gun before people can make video reviews on them
  • ethanjordan likes this

#43 PerfectoShot

PerfectoShot

Gun Guru

• 766 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted February 27 2018 - 05:54 PM

Ruger American 9mm hand gun.
Thing weighed more then a Glock 17. Was uncomfortable as all hell. Kept shooting left the way the rear of the gun was molded it was a square block. If the mag was loaded with 10 rounds it would drop the slide release by it self. Looked at video reviews. Others have the same issue. No gun should go into battery by loading a full magazine into it. Traded it for a Glock 43 and lost money but good riddens I hated that thing.
Never buy a new to the market gun before people can make video reviews on them

You probably have a lemon one or it’s just you cause i’ve shot it few years ago at my friend’s backyard  in NC,  It shoot really good compareable to X D-9... If gun had to be blocky it would be glock lol (No offense to glock fanboys).  the worst gun i ever fired was Type 94 Nambu... that POS fired everytime you release the slide stop! I’ve been telling my cousin to get rid of that crap before it kill somebody for months until he finally sold it!

• signmaker likes this

#44 depiazzy

depiazzy

Respected Gunowner

• 116 posts
  • Locationislip

Posted March 01 2018 - 06:57 PM

I’ve seen tim on the military arms channel and a few other channels. They go into battery when a full
Magazine is loaded regardless if it’s a 10 rounds or a factory 18 round

#45 desmodronic

desmodronic

Advanced Member

• Established Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationIslip

Posted March 03 2018 - 05:43 PM

No regrets. But I appreciate the risk of buying something that seems new and exciting before trying it or hearing from honest people who have. Two guns I tried at Campsite's Range Day last year:

ARES SCR - I don't think they make them anymore and I can understand why. I know there were a lot of people there putting a lot of rounds through it but when it was my turn, the Magpul fore end / hand guard was so hot, I couldn't hold it. I had to grip the upper by the front of the mag well. I've heard the same from people who own one. The hand guard gets hot.

DP-12 Shotgun - It gets excellent reviews for quality and construction and it deserves it. Seems very well made, solid and reliable. Operation is smooth and feel is very good. But I don't like its "operating system". It has two barrels with tube mags below each (unlike the KSG which has one barrel and two mags you manually switch between). With the DP-12, you pump once and get TWO pulls of the trigger - one from each barrel/mag. Even sitting at a bench, I got confused. ("Should I cycle now? Did I fire once already or twice?") If I got confused at the bench, I could only imagine what would happen under stress.

Everyone who picked up my DP 12 said the same thing.For me it wasn't an issue, I'd never fired a pump so 'pump pull pull' was easy to learn.On the other hand......

#46 Harry Monk

Harry Monk

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted March 04 2018 - 01:48 AM

Desert Eagle in .44 Magnum.

It would only feed semi reliably with ++P loads and one type of Bullet.

I sold it to a Redneck.

Suits him well.

#47 set2374

set2374

Gun Guru

• 853 posts
  • LocationEast Rockaway

Posted May 25 2018 - 12:10 PM

I owned the Just Right Carbine in 9mm for a few weeks.   I liked that it was an AR style carbine with a thordsen stock that took glock mags.   In the end, it  was just a big pile of dog poop.  It had terrible feeding and ejection issues.   Every 10 or 20 rounds I would either get a double feed, a failure to eject or a stove pipe.    I tried multiple ammo loads and magazines (including factory Glock)---nothing helped.   Finally, the bolt jammed forward with a round in the chamber just seized up.   I couldn't figure out a safe way to release the bolt and I couldn't tell if the round in the chamber was live or a just a spent casing.   I took it to a local smith who determined it was a spent casing, so he hammered the it would and got the bolt to release with lots of lube.   He said he couldn't make the gun right because the machining on the bolt as all off.  I sent the gun back for repairs under warranty at my expense and they had the nerve to try to charge me $75 for the return shipping for their defective product.  After some arguing and speaking to a manager, they agreed to pay the return shipping, but they didn't really fix the gun.   They just replaced the bolt (including the ejector and firing pin etc).   However, since the problem was a design flaw and bad machining, the problem just repeated itself--they should have and one of their smiths actually fix the freakin' bolt.   I sold the gun with full disclosure of the issues I had at a steep discount (ate $300 of my purchase price) and put the money towards a Palmetto State kit--which has run perfect for more than 2 years.

#48 SpankyTheDolphin

SpankyTheDolphin

Respected Gunowner

• 101 posts
  • Location516

Posted August 09 2018 - 12:50 PM

Definitely my Century Arms 1887. What a tremendous piece of shit and waste of $300. I thought it was cool because of Terminator but everything about it is horrible. The tube claims to hold 4, but I can only ever get 2 in there and everything in the chamber is machined poorly so it's razor sharp. The action feels like dragging a frying pan through a field of magnets, worse than a Mosin Nagant, and it does nothing to reduce recoil. Second place is probably my Nagant revolver, it's just such an odd old gun it really isn't good at all.

#49 Jimco10391

Jimco10391

Marksman

• Established Member
  • 71 posts
  • Locationnassau

Posted August 16 2018 - 04:58 PM

I would have to say my Sig Mosquito...did everything that I was told and read up on poslished and grind down th efeed ramp CCI’s shot well for awhile but constant FTF double feeds etc ......
but oh well

#50 the blur

the blur

Gun Guru

• 2962 posts

Posted August 16 2018 - 09:58 PM

I will never buy another Remmington.

#51 Wowzer

Wowzer

Gun Guru

• 719 posts
  • LocationNassau county

Posted October 25 2018 - 02:30 PM

My only regret purchase was a beretta 92S. It's an Italian police trade in. The gun fires fine and does not jam at all. However, the trigger pull is so different (needs to be all the way back)--and the grip is too wide for my hands. On the plus side, it did not cost too much, and I was able to remove the bluing (which was very thin), and nickel plate the gun, which was a fun project to complete. It is smooth as butter to rack, but the trigger is just too difficult for me.

#52 Huntingfish8683

Huntingfish8683

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationRiverhead

Posted January 10 2019 - 08:04 AM

Humm, havent really owned one that was terrible. Had a few older guns that had weak primer strikes, that's about it.

#53 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 11242 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted January 10 2019 - 09:03 AM

I owned the Just Right Carbine in 9mm for a few weeks. I liked that it was an AR style carbine with a thordsen stock that took glock mags. In the end, it was just a big pile of dog poop. It had terrible feeding and ejection issues. Every 10 or 20 rounds I would either get a double feed, a failure to eject or a stove pipe. I tried multiple ammo loads and magazines (including factory Glock)---nothing helped. Finally, the bolt jammed forward with a round in the chamber just seized up. I couldn't figure out a safe way to release the bolt and I couldn't tell if the round in the chamber was live or a just a spent casing. I took it to a local smith who determined it was a spent casing, so he hammered the it would and got the bolt to release with lots of lube. He said he couldn't make the gun right because the machining on the bolt as all off. I sent the gun back for repairs under warranty at my expense and they had the nerve to try to charge me $75 for the return shipping for their defective product. After some arguing and speaking to a manager, they agreed to pay the return shipping, but they didn't really fix the gun. They just replaced the bolt (including the ejector and firing pin etc). However, since the problem was a design flaw and bad machining, the problem just repeated itself--they should have and one of their smiths actually fix the freakin' bolt. I sold the gun with full disclosure of the issues I had at a steep discount (ate $300 of my purchase price) and put the money towards a Palmetto State kit--which has run perfect for more than 2 years.

I own a Just Right Carbine 9mm. It experienced one single jam during a carbine course. I didn't know that the factory was giving problems and trying to charge money for a factory defective part. I heard they went above and beyond throwing in an extra magazine and AR tool for the inconvenience.

#54 SingleAction

SingleAction

Gun Guru

• 542 posts

Posted January 10 2019 - 01:50 PM

Non of my long guns or handguns are crap, and never sold any of them. I still have my very first rifle from when I was a teen, a Winchester 94 .30-.30win, to the last handgun that I bought in 06, a Colt Defender .45acp 3" bbl. Never had a problem with any of them.

Maybe, because all my firearms were new out of the box, and never tampered with.

#55 Punisher1336

Punisher1336

MOLON LABE

• 3249 posts

Posted January 10 2019 - 03:07 PM

SW 6906 9mm. Horrible trigger.

#56 ethanjordan

ethanjordan

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Locationnew york

Posted September 17 2020 - 01:40 PM

the only POS i ever regretted purchasing is the berser thunder 380

#57 Dakhath

Dakhath

Respected Gunowner

• 195 posts
  • LocationWestbury

Posted September 17 2020 - 06:00 PM

i am very fortunate, my only regrets are what i don't own and what i need to bring to the range more.

#58 TJ Ironhorse

TJ Ironhorse

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 2482 posts
  • LocationNorth Massapequa

Posted September 17 2020 - 07:34 PM

the only POS i ever regretted purchasing is the berser thunder 380

They are generally good guns, you got an odd lemon. Mine has been flawless for over 6500 rounds. I know several others that had had no issues at all.

#59 cprstn54

cprstn54

Banned

• Banned
  • 346 posts
  • LocationCenterport, NY

Posted September 17 2020 - 11:17 PM

None of my guns had misfires or feeding problems.  Two were so inaccurate as to defeat their purpose.

Savage 24C 22LR over 20 ga. The barrels are not parallel and diverge by 8-9 MOA. So if sighted in for 22LR, a 20 ga slug will hit 9" away at 100 yds. Nice concept, tho, especially with PC inserts for the 20 ga chamber.

Older Mini-14 with thin barrel. Three-four MOA as the barrel heats up and whips around. No point in using a scope.

Remington  742 in 30-06. Accurate and reliable for 25 years, but it pains me to know that it will likely self destruct before 1,000 rounds, so I don't take it to the range except to sight in. Should have bought a BAR, which mistake I remedied last year with a BAR Stalker DBM in 308 -- now my favorite all-purpose rifle.

#60 only7rounds2

only7rounds2

Respected Gunowner

• 218 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted September 17 2020 - 11:46 PM

I win with three true POS:

1. High Standard Model 10 A (or B, forget) Plastic bullpup 12GA with a built in flashlight. Every time I pulled the trigger I got a face full of gas and unburnt powder particles. Apparently  it was meant to be fired outside the car window at arms length while driving (Police gun, google it for the ads showing that).

2. WWII P-38. Same issue, open top slide, got a face full every round. Saved my vision and sold it.

3. Steyr 1912 "boot pistol" in 9mm Steyr. In an old issue of "Surplus Handguns", maybe from the 1970's, it mentions it can fire when not intended.
Yup, loaded it up at the range (it is a top loader with the grip serving as a mag), dropped the safety and BANG. After I recovered from the trauma, I unloaded it and sold the damn thing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users