NRA Certified Instructor - Open Firearm Discussions - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

NRA Certified Instructor

nra certified instructor pistol shooting training law enforcement

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Presterjohn

Presterjohn

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationHuntington

Posted March 18 2017 - 03:52 PM

Hi All,

I've been lurking for forever. This forum is great and it's been my go to place on many local firearms issues. I'm involved in firearms advocacy and it's been very helpful. About m, I'm an NRA Life Endowment Member and an NYSRPA member. I have participated in public debates on firearms law and policy. We are a traditional church-going family and I want to ensure that my children have the same traditions and freedoms we've been blessed with, despite living in a state that curtails many of them. I live in the Huntington area.

Finally, I decided it's about time to join, especially because I thought you all could help me with something else.

I am cross eye dominant. Even worse, my dominant eye doesn't see as well! With my scoped rifle, I just use my primary eye. With an open-sighted rifle, I close one eye. With a shotgun, it doesn't seem to detrimentally affect me.

Recently, though, I've had a big problem as I switch to firing my pistol with both eyes open. I have gotten much, much worse and am struggling to adjust.

Can anyone recommend an NRA certified instructor, preferably law enforcement? I am a member of Freeport and have pretty good access to the Nassau County range.

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 Gary_Hungerford

Gary_Hungerford

SASI Firearms Chairman, LISAPA Training Committee

• Club LIF Member
  • Others: , , ,
  • 6293 posts
  • LocationEverywhere, all the time

Posted March 20 2017 - 08:35 AM

There are several, excellent, NRA-certified Instructors, who are members of Freeport R&R. Since you're a member, there, one sh/be easy to find. Ask around, at your next members' meeting or at their range.

Gary

• boosti likes this

#3 Gary_Hungerford

Gary_Hungerford

SASI Firearms Chairman, LISAPA Training Committee

• Club LIF Member
  • Others: , , ,
  • 6293 posts
  • LocationEverywhere, all the time

Posted March 20 2017 - 08:53 AM

John:

Also, if your youngsters are of the proper age and you would like to have them get some formal training, SASI is conducting it's annual Youth Shoot, on April 22nd. Go to http://www.longislan...it-badge-event/, for details and paperwork.

Gary

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nra, certified instructor, pistol, shooting, training, law enforcement

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users