NYC Resident with second home in Suffolk County - Newbie's Unite! - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

NYC Resident with second home in Suffolk County

license shotgun residency

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Jwalker69

Jwalker69

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted November 07 2016 - 11:10 PM

I am an NYC resident with a second home in Suffolk Co. My driver license indicates an NYC address. I would like to purchase a shotgun/rifle on Long Island for skeet/trap and hunting. I would store and use the gun only on LI. Can I purchase from a LI gun store with proof of my Suffolk residence like a cable or utility bill?

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 FDEMTNYC

FDEMTNYC

Sharp Shooter!

• Club LIF Member
  • 389 posts
  • LocationBethpage

Posted November 08 2016 - 02:15 AM

I believe so. To get a definitive answer, give the store you're going to make your purchase at a call to check if there are issues with that. (Your best bet for a straight answer would be a local gun shop, not a big box type store)

#3 vfrday

vfrday

Respected Gunowner

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 130 posts

Posted November 08 2016 - 02:23 AM

I believe all you have to do is purchase the shotgun and store it in LI as long as you don't bring it into NYC you're good to go

• mitch1 and NRATC53 like this

#4 Phoenix69

Phoenix69

Gun Guru

• 25508 posts
  • LocationA little place I like to call "you"ll see".

Posted November 08 2016 - 06:17 AM

Hello

#5 kouzman

kouzman

Respected Gunowner

• 184 posts
  • Locationnew york

Posted November 08 2016 - 10:48 PM

Yes you can. Most stores will ask you to prove your second home. I used my utility bill and the deed... no issues whatsoever.

#6 NRATC53

NRATC53

Now an Ex NYer

• Topic Starter
  • Donated Member
  • 24621 posts

Posted November 09 2016 - 08:24 AM

I am an NYC resident with a second home in Suffolk Co. My driver license indicates an NYC address. I would like to purchase a shotgun/rifle on Long Island for skeet/trap and hunting. I would store and use the gun only on LI. Can I purchase from a LI gun store with proof of my Suffolk residence like a cable or utility bill?

Yes

#7 Jwalker69

Jwalker69

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted November 09 2016 - 05:05 PM

Great news.  Thanks to all.  

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: license, shotgun, residency

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users