Long Island Shooters Forum banner

Posting your firearms on the internet

8K views 53 replies 25 participants last post by  NRATC53 
#1 ·
Just wanted to give a heads up to people from what ive heard first hand and from fellow gun owners. One officer from the pistol license bereau was asking me if i post any firearms online i told her no but asked her which website in particular she declined to tell me which one. Went ahead to tell me as a fair warning do not be posting anyhthing online especially lately. Few other people were talking about the same thing about posting any guins you own. Theyre stating something is coming up were the feds or someone is watching trying to catch people with non compliant guns or taking leads on were non safe act fire arms are and who owns them. Just saying i cannot validate that it is happening but hearing it from an officer from suffolk pistol license place and a few other people i just wanted to make a heads up

#17 ·
Always

Reactions: Parashooter
#11 ·
Well if they are watching they learned it to late they don't have enough gun to take back our
I mean your guns .
I really believe that when the upheaval begins they will be to busy saving their own family from the Invading Raiders.

Reactions: Mad Russian
#15 ·
She was working you. Sort of like a confidence game; like she was doing you a favor giving you a heads up. Sounds like a pile of poop, but it still would be a good idea not to indiscriminately post pictures of your guns on the internet. The limited and well intentioned stuff we do on here however is well within normal limits and should never raise an eyebrow.

#18 ·
and that has little to do with it

#19 ·
Interesting how individually people have one set of behaviors, anf in a group setting another set. The worst part is that the antigun, and anti-constitution, debate is being driven by a relatively very few individuals who control a lot of money. The others are going along with the perception that the other people are also doing the same.
It basically is like Nazi Germany, where the majority didn't agree with the Nazi Party, but went along to get along to avoid being singled out by the Brownshirts.
In the case of America the Brownshirts are the Liberal media, prosecutors and judges who can make someone's life a nightmare of never ending prosecution or persecution.

#22 ·
In all seriousness, I don't think people typically post non-compliant guns on this or any other site. Some might do it unknowingly, but it certainly wouldn't be a smart thing to do, unless you are looking to be a 2A version of Rosa Parks or something.

That said, it would not surprise me at all, if some authorities scan gun forums and other social media, to collect information about legal guns that people own, for future reference.

#28 ·
Or which to target to steal guns...

Reactions: loadingdockman
#29 · (Edited by Moderator)
Yea, not a good idea to post youtubes like this if you live in the USA

You gotta watch this vid to the end, it gets even better as it goes along.

We have to make sure we have The Russians on our side in the war against Islamo-fascism.

The best line in the vid is when the guy says:

Don't try this at home, I am a professional Russian

#31 · (Edited by Moderator)
Yea, not a good idea to post youtubes like this if you live in the USA

You gotta watch this vid to the end, it gets even better as it goes along.

We have to make sure we have The Russians on our side in the war against Islamo-fascism.

The best line in the vid is when the guy says:
LOL......He is as Russian as I am from Mars., be he is ALOT more entertaining.

FPSRussia is a popular YouTube and Twitch.tv channel consisting of videos involving firearms and explosives. The videos featureKyle Myers, an American born in Lavonia, Georgia, USA, playing the role of Dmitri Potapoff, a heavily accented Russian fromMoscow.

#39 ·
Hey how many of you guy had you AR confiscated at the range by those undercover State Police that was reported on all the gun sites.

#45 ·
Federal agents have interacted with users of this site based on content that was posted, they are watching LIF and LIGC.
A friend of mine was approached yesterday by a gentleman at a range asking if his "Muzzle break was a clamp on or threaded".
This individual had a stack of 30rd Pmags on his bench, so I'd assume he was a cop.
Just be careful what you say and post, they are cracking down.

#46 ·
This just in the price of tin foil has doubled in the last 3 days gun sale have gone up since last night's debate.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.