Hello All - The Welcome Mat - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Hello All

hello all

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Glocked

Glocked

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted October 10 2016 - 10:00 PM

Hello my name is Josh. I read many posts before joining in. Very interesting read and enjoy all info you guys provided. I'm still working on getting the Nassau County pistol permit and so I can buy a Glock, a 1911, a FNX 45....and the list goes on....
And I'm also looking into shotguns, Bellini M4 would be nice, M2 would be practical, and kel tec ksg will make it perfect.
I read many posts about AR-15, it's a never ending science project. And I'm still learning. Thought that I could just go to a gun shop and get a fixed magazine with all the evil feature, but the law never makes that easy.
I'm newbie to firearms. Any suggestion are welcome.
And please let me know any good gun shop near Hicksville.

Thanks! :D
:usa:

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 The Architect

The Architect

The Sysop

• 36800 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted October 10 2016 - 10:00 PM

:welcome1
Thank you for joining Long Island Firearms!

Stop by the NEW MEMBER FREE Giveaway: CLICK HERE
  • NoraB likes this

#3 Phoenix69

Phoenix69

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 25745 posts
  • LocationA little place I like to call "you"ll see".

Posted October 11 2016 - 02:42 AM

Hello

#4 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • 11229 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted October 11 2016 - 06:37 AM

Hello my name is Josh. I read many posts before joining in. Very interesting read and enjoy all info you guys provided. I'm still working on getting the Nassau County pistol permit and so I can buy a Glock, a 1911, a FNX 45....and the list goes on....
And I'm also looking into shotguns, Bellini M4 would be nice, M2 would be practical, and kel tec ksg will make it perfect.
I read many posts about AR-15, it's a never ending science project. And I'm still learning. Thought that I could just go to a gun shop and get a fixed magazine with all the evil feature, but the law never makes that easy.
I'm newbie to firearms. Any suggestion are welcome.
And please let me know any good gun shop near Hicksville.

Thanks! :D
:usa:

The Benelli and AR -15 are only available to active LE in New York. If you are applying for a pistol license in Nassau expect a minimum of 6 months to get it. The Glock 19 is a great pistol for any new shooter. Go out and buy a Ruger 10-22 and a 12 gauge pump shotgun. Plenty of good information available on this forum.

#5 Glocked

Glocked

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted October 11 2016 - 07:32 PM

The Benelli and AR -15 are only available to active LE in New York. If you are applying for a pistol license in Nassau expect a minimum of 6 months to get it. The Glock 19 is a great pistol for any new shooter. Go out and buy a Ruger 10-22 and a 12 gauge pump shotgun. Plenty of good information available on this forum.

I heard the 6 month period, but it's the only way I can get a Glock 19 for now. I like Glock 19 alot, it's easy to use and fits my hands like gloves.
Any recommandation for 12 gauge? What do you think about Kel Tec KSG? Good for home defense too?

#6 zzrguy

zzrguy

That Guy

• Topic Starter
  • Administrators
  • Others: Club LIF Member

• 11493 posts
  • LocationIn a dark corner in the center of my happy place.

Posted October 11 2016 - 07:50 PM

Hi

#7 Glocked

Glocked

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted October 11 2016 - 07:55 PM

Hi

Is Storm trooper Blaster NYS legal?

#8 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 11229 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted October 12 2016 - 06:14 AM

I heard the 6 month period, but it's the only way I can get a Glock 19 for now. I like Glock 19 alot, it's easy to use and fits my hands like gloves.
Any recommandation for 12 gauge? What do you think about Kel Tec KSG? Good for home defense too?

Mossberg 590, Ithaca 37, Remington 870 are all very good. I would choose the DS-12 over the Kel Tec.
Where did you get to look at a Glock 19 and which version was it, Gen 3 or Gen 4?

#9 Hawken Woodsman

Hawken Woodsman

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • Others: Donated Member

• 997 posts
  • LocationN.Massapequa

Posted October 12 2016 - 10:09 AM

Welcome

#10 iGreg

iGreg

Right-wing Sith

• Donated Member
  • 6339 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted October 12 2016 - 10:13 AM

:usflag

#11 joey52685

joey52685

Sharp Shooter!

• Topic Starter
  • 661 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted October 12 2016 - 07:05 PM

Welcome! There are a few NYS legal AR variants you can get, shop around. I just received my pistol license in September and I'm super happy.

#12 Glocked

Glocked

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted October 12 2016 - 09:45 PM

Mossberg 590, Ithaca 37, Remington 870 are all very good. I would choose the DS-12 over the Kel Tec.
Where did you get to look at a Glock 19 and which version was it, Gen 3 or Gen 4?

DS-12 is double shot right? I tried Glock 19 gen 3 in PA. Heard many people like it better than gen 4.

#13 Glocked

Glocked

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted October 12 2016 - 09:47 PM

Welcome! There are a few NYS legal AR variants you can get, shop around. I just received my pistol license in September and I'm super happy.

Congrats on your pistol license. I know DSI sells fixed mag AR-15. Any good?

#14 zzrguy

zzrguy

That Guy

• Administrators
  • Others: Club LIF Member

• 11493 posts
  • LocationIn a dark corner in the center of my happy place.

Posted October 12 2016 - 10:17 PM

Is Storm trooper Blaster NYS legal?

only if you are if your a member of the Imperial Clone army and load it to only 7 rounds..

#15 jar62

jar62

Respected Gunowner

• 113 posts
  • Locationlong island

Posted September 02 2017 - 05:58 PM

welcome

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hello, all

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users