FYI Smart Tech and Guns - Handguns - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

FYI Smart Tech and Guns

fyi smart tech and guns

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 JAMerolle

JAMerolle

Respected Gunowner

• Donated Member
  • 270 posts

Posted October 08 2016 - 08:09 AM

http://www.msn.com/e...ocid=spartandhp

I think this has a chance to help us New Yorkers , for those who have been denied due to something a family member has done. Of course the tech would need to be perfected.

Edited by JAMerolle, October 08 2016 - 08:21 AM.

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 Parashooter

Parashooter

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 11553 posts

Posted October 08 2016 - 09:10 AM

Ummm....... NO.
  • Mad Russian, anothersteve, P Martin and 1 other like this

#3 mrprovy

mrprovy

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 2604 posts
  • LocationSelden

Posted October 08 2016 - 11:17 AM

Fingerprint sensors are highly unreliable on safes, what makes anyone think that it will work better on a dusty, lint covered gun? VERY bad idea and I doubt it will even come to light how bad the idea is after a legally armed citizen gets killed because it fails!! I guarantee there is not a Police Officer in this country that would accept carrying one of these (brass sitting behind a desk excluded)
  • Mad Russian and Lou G like this

#4 zzrguy

zzrguy

That Guy

• Administrators
  • Others: Club LIF Member

• 11496 posts
  • LocationIn a dark corner in the center of my happy place.

Posted October 08 2016 - 01:38 PM

Hey I'm all for the police getting a gun that if it is wrestle away from them it cant be used against them, so after it has been perfected for law and military use I may just buy one for the house till that day comes you can keep it.
  • Mad Russian likes this

#5 Phoenix69

Phoenix69

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • 25756 posts
  • LocationA little place I like to call "you"ll see".

Posted October 08 2016 - 02:24 PM

I prefer dumb guns and smart people.
  • Mad Russian, Trailblazer, mrprovy and 3 others like this

#6 JAMerolle

JAMerolle

Respected Gunowner

• Donated Member
  • 270 posts

Posted October 08 2016 - 03:43 PM

You and all the rest of will be made to deal with any rule and regulation they want to impose on your rights. With that said, this technology has the potential to invalidate legislation based on " guns getting in the wrong hands" , or being denied due to actions of those in your household. I can careless if you prefer smart people , dumb guns , or padding your likes, fears and dislikes. Please think out of the box of comfort and look to gain ground on carry rights in this sinkhole of liberals. Please do not mention the dangers of none-reliability, of course the technology would need to be perfected beyond what it is now.

Yes, I was one of those people that needed to wait 4 years before my license was awarded , not for anything I did wrong but for an action my wife took which they used as their rationale for denial.

Edited by JAMerolle, October 08 2016 - 04:07 PM.

#7 mrprovy

mrprovy

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • Donated Member
  • 2604 posts
  • LocationSelden

Posted October 08 2016 - 04:42 PM

What does this technology have to do with carry rights?
  • Mad Russian likes this

#8 JAMerolle

JAMerolle

Respected Gunowner

• Donated Member
  • 270 posts

Posted October 08 2016 - 05:05 PM

What does this technology have to do with carry rights?

Well, look at the dude who got arrested for reckless engagement in the long beach movie theater, that negligence validates the need for carry restrictions for all of us. With this technology the two kids in the movie theater who found the gun would have been safe. Additionally , if they lift one restriction its sets a precedence for addition restrictions being lifted. The whole argument for guns getting in the wrung hands would be invalidated which I believe would have a ripple effect on carry rights. A long shot I know, I hope this answers your question.

#9 mrprovy

mrprovy

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 2604 posts
  • LocationSelden

Posted October 08 2016 - 06:09 PM

The two kids in the movie theater WERE safe because they were EDUCATED. IMO it's your thought process that creates the need for restrictions. 50+ years ago there were guns in just about every home in this country and kids knew what they were, when to touch them (& when not to) and how to safely handle them. Guns now are no different, the only difference is ignorance and lack of education coupled with the gun grabbed in the media telling everyone how guns are a problem, all while no one in the media (or politics) address the real problem that there are evil people in this world. They want to coddle the evil people believing that they can change those people. 99%of the membership here knows exactly what I'm saying!

#10 CoolBreeze

CoolBreeze

Respected Gunowner

• 230 posts

Posted October 08 2016 - 10:27 PM

I'd like to consider myself relatively tech savvy.. however, technology has no place in the firearms industry. Last thing I want if god forbid I ever have to use it in self defense is to have to hard reset my gun so that it functions correctly or install a software update.
  • LarryD23 likes this

#11 jorel

jorel

Respected Gunowner

• Donated Member
  • 195 posts

Posted February 04 2017 - 05:58 PM

Too many "what-ifs" render this useless even for LEOs.

1) Gloves?

2) Bloody/dirty/injured hands?

3) Can the tech be hacked?

4) Batteries?

5) Waterproof?

6) Tamperproof?

#12 LarryD23

LarryD23

Gun Guru

• 985 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted February 04 2017 - 08:15 PM

Pardon me mister, can you give me a minute to reboot my pistol before you rape and murder my wife and daughter...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fyi, smart, tech, and, guns

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users