man loses pistol in long beach movie theater - Page 2 - Open Firearm Discussions - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

man loses pistol in long beach movie theater

man loses pistol in long beach movie theater

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 2edgesword

2edgesword

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 7309 posts

Posted October 07 2016 - 02:35 PM

The girls in this incident are the daughters of one of my co-workers. They sat down in their seats, one of them had a aisle seat, looked down on the floor and saw the pistol, questioned among themselves what to do and the oldest (12 years old) decide to notify an employee who secured the firearm without disrupting the other theater goers. The police were called, they ran the serial number, paged the gentleman who was still in the theater and he responded to the page.
  • ProGodProGunProLife and rlitman like this

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#22 Phoenix69

Phoenix69

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 25915 posts
  • LocationA little place I like to call "you"ll see".

Posted October 07 2016 - 02:49 PM

Who defines "timely manner"?

#23 mitch1

mitch1

Respected Gunowner

• Club LIF Member
  • Others: Donated Member

• 217 posts
  • LocationNassau County

Posted October 07 2016 - 03:24 PM

The girls in this incident are the daughters of one of my co-workers. They sat down in their seats, one of them had a aisle seat, looked down on the floor and saw the pistol, questioned among themselves what to do and the oldest (12 years old) decide to notify an employee who secured the firearm without disrupting the other theater goers. The police were called, they ran the serial number, paged the gentleman who was still in the theater and he responded to the page.

Grandpa probably had no idea he dropped the pistol. Between taking the grandkids to the bathroom, getting snacks and moving seats at least three times, his head was probably spinning. Yet, he was arrested and charged with Reckless Endangerment (a person is guilty of Reckless Endangerment when that person recklessly engages in conduct which creates a substantial risk of serious physical injury to another person). Thank God the 12 year old was wise beyond her years. But Reckless Endangerment? Hope Grandpa gets a good lawyer.
  • NRATC53 likes this

#24 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 11305 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted October 08 2016 - 08:48 AM

Expect 'No Firearms' signs at many local businesses. The one thing we in New York rarely see posted like other states.

#25 LongIsland Guy

LongIsland Guy

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 3334 posts
  • LocationLake Ronk

Posted October 08 2016 - 09:09 AM

Where was the adult with the kids? did they safeguard the gun as the kids went to fetch the manager? There is some missing info in this story but that's expected from Snoozday. I take it that a DL photo and not a mug shot.

#26 Parashooter

Parashooter

Gun Guru

• 11555 posts

Posted October 08 2016 - 11:42 AM

Some states have reporting requirements in law.... they keep trying to push them here as well...

#27 2edgesword

2edgesword

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 7309 posts

Posted October 08 2016 - 03:44 PM

Where was the adult with the kids? did they safeguard the gun as the kids went to fetch the manager? There is some missing info in this story but that's expected from Snoozday. I take it that a DL photo and not a mug shot.

The kids were at the theater by themselves with the parents permission. The oldest daughter (who I have met) is a very mature girl who did the right thing, left the firearm where it was and contacted and adult.
  • NRATC53 likes this

#28 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 11305 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted October 08 2016 - 03:48 PM

And this does actually validate the fact that SOME of us are irresponsible. But in every other walk of life the irresponsible actions of a few do not result in harsh punitive measure being taken on the rest of us. The moron that lost his gun could have just as easily been an LEO or retired LEO, and the entire process would have been manipulated for numerous reasons. Remember not too long ago when the retired LEO showed his doctor his concealed gun and caused an AD? That was a far worse blunder, but it didn't get very much traction, and I doubt the guy had charges bought against him.

The civilian arrested was not active MOS or Retired LE. He was carrying out of class. It happens, people who have a valid pistol license do get caught carrying out of restrictions all the time in New York. It is an administrative action only.

#29 NRATC53

NRATC53

Now an Ex NYer

• Donated Member
  • 24773 posts

Posted October 09 2016 - 06:00 AM

Duwayne Gregory says "immediately" in his new Safe Storage bill. As I said earlier, the guy was still in the theater, so how timely is timely?

#30 NRATC53

NRATC53

Now an Ex NYer

• Donated Member
  • 24773 posts

Posted October 09 2016 - 06:01 AM

The kids were at the theater by themselves with the parents permission. The oldest daughter (who I have met) is a very mature girl who did the right thing, left the firearm where it was and contacted and adult.

Kudos to the girls
  • mitch1, gcloss and LarryD23 like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: man, loses, pistol, in, long, beach, movie, theater

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users