Queens man gets two years in prison for giant arsenal - Page 3 - Chit-Chat - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Queens man gets two years in prison for giant arsenal

queens man gets two years in prison for giant arsenal

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#41 set2374

set2374

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 853 posts
  • LocationEast Rockaway

Posted October 07 2016 - 02:01 PM

I feel sorry for the poor guy. This whole thing is rediculous. Ok, it might not have been a great idea to have 250 pounds of gun powder in a residential apartment building, but you got to love the way the Daily News tells this story and makes it sound like this guy was about to go on a go on a shooting spree in a school because he happened to live near a school and had a "17 gun arsenal". That's an absurd. If he was living in Kentucky or Texas, this would be nothing unusual and 17 guns would be a relatively modest collection for a gun enthusiast. This guy should not be sent to prison for 2 years for this. It's just not right. I wonder who his lawyer was... doesn't sound like he did a good job for the guy.

Speaking of the NY Daily News, how can we forget that this is the paper that brought us this insightful article: http://www.nydailyne...ticle-1.2673201 This reporter, Gersh ****sman (what an appropriate name!!), claimed he was terrified and had a form a PTSD from the experience of shooting a few rounds on an AR-15 at a range. "Journalists" like Kuntsman represents everything that's wrong with liberal America. If SHTF, Kuntsman will dead in day. It's all part of the left wing's plan to pussify America and kill off any semblance of "masculinity". God help us all!!!

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#42 ProGodProGunProLife

ProGodProGunProLife

Gun Guru

• LIF Site Moderator
  • Others: Club LIF Member

• 7040 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted October 07 2016 - 03:17 PM

I feel sorry for the poor guy. This whole thing is rediculous. Ok, it might not have been a great idea to have 250 pounds of gun powder in a residential apartment building, but you got to love the way the Daily News tells this story and makes it sound like this guy was about to go on a go on a shooting spree in a school because he happened to live near a school and had a "17 gun arsenal". That's an absurd. If he was living in Kentucky or Texas, this would be nothing unusual and 17 guns would be a relatively modest collection for a gun enthusiast. This guy should not be sent to prison for 2 years for this. It's just not right. I wonder who his lawyer was... doesn't sound like he did a good job for the guy.

Speaking of the NY Daily News, how can we forget that this is the paper that brought us this insightful article: http://www.nydailyne...ticle-1.2673201 This reporter, Gersh ****sman (what an appropriate name!!), claimed he was terrified and had a form a PTSD from the experience of shooting a few rounds on an AR-15 at a range. "Journalists" like Kuntsman represents everything that's wrong with liberal America. If SHTF, Kuntsman will dead in day. It's all part of the left wing's plan to pussify America and kill off any semblance of "masculinity". God help us all!!!

I agree. Also, the headline of the article is totally false. He is getting 2 years for a couple of magazines and "assault weapons". The vast majority of his "huge arsenal" was totally legal...even in NYC.

#43 Parashooter

Parashooter

Gun Guru

• 11553 posts

Posted October 07 2016 - 04:26 PM

In NYC owning a standalone lower receiver for an AR could be deemed illegal, especially if you did not get a permit / registration for it as a long rifle which permits I don't think that they are giving away these days...
anyone know if NYC gives registration permits for any AR platform these days (even the thordson or DSI types)?

We are all guessing and he took a plea it seems so its hard to tell what the facts are. He might have been bullied and had poor counsel so he took it.

Yes, but I didn't ask about an unregistered firearm - I asked what receiver alone is classified as an 'assault weapon'

On the surface it seems that a decent lawyer could have gotten the whole thing tossed on an improper search - a search warrant based on the face he had legal items - that go along with his legally possessed pistols - ? We're either missing a big part of the story, or his lawyer was a clown.

#44 Short Track Hunter

Short Track Hunter

Gun Guru

• 1141 posts

Posted October 07 2016 - 07:10 PM

They won, I don't need a black mean looking rifle. Never had one, and I certainly don't miss it. My life is much simpler without it.
I'm happy with my hunting rifles, and my pistols. All 100% legit. Yeah, I know it's wrong. But I've got better things to worry about.

#45 Ransom

Ransom

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 6259 posts
  • LocationCuomo's State

Posted October 08 2016 - 11:24 AM

Wow 45000s rounds lets see 5000 rounds of 9mm, 5000 rounds of 45, 5000s 22, 15000 don't matter. The left media would say he had an arsenal of 200 rounds most people that don't own guns would shake there head and say why would anyone need 200 bullets that so much so whats the difference.

#46 Fourth ID

Fourth ID

Sharp Shooter!

• 344 posts
  • LocationMiller Place

Posted October 08 2016 - 11:40 AM

Obviously the poor guy has OCD.45,000 rounds,225 pounds of gun powder and not any spent brass reported.He was just up to date!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: queens, man, gets, two, years, in, prison, for, giant, arsenal

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users