Gun sales hit 17th straight monthly record, up 27 percent - Open Firearm Discussions - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Gun sales hit 17th straight monthly record, up 27 percent

gun sales hit 17th straight monthly record up 27 percent

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jimmy958

jimmy958

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 1737 posts

Posted October 03 2016 - 11:30 PM

"Gun sales hit the 17th consecutive monthly record in September according to FBI data released on
Monday, and overall sales are up 27 percent compared to the same period last year.

A total of 1,992,219 background checks were processed through the bureau's National Instant
Criminal Background Check System for the month of September, higher than the 1,795,102 conducted
in September 2015.

The number of checks run through the FBI's NICS system is a reliable indicator of how firearm
sales are trending, though there is no precise correlation between the number of checks and the
number of guns being sold. Licensed dealers are required to run a check in the database every time
they make a sale, but sometimes turn buyers down.

Sales have surged in the wake of ammunition shortages and fears that the Obama administration may
seek to restrict Second Amendment rights in the president's waning days in office. Experts say the
equipment being sold indicates interest has spiked out of growing interest in self-defense and
hunting."

Read more: http://www.washingto...article/2603496
  • ProGodProGunProLife likes this

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 mason852

mason852

Still a David Crockett kid

• Club LIF Member
  • 2708 posts
  • Locationridge

Posted October 04 2016 - 11:36 AM

I saw Barry on TV last week(for as long as i could stand it) and he just about admitted he is the best firearm salesman in history;all the while lying through his pearly whites about wanting to ban guns

#3 Phoenix69

Phoenix69

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 25897 posts
  • LocationA little place I like to call "you"ll see".

Posted October 04 2016 - 01:08 PM

More people armed for the revolution if Hillary wins.

#4 TJ Ironhorse

TJ Ironhorse

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 2501 posts
  • LocationNorth Massapequa

Posted October 04 2016 - 05:26 PM

Buy, Buy, Buy as many firearms and Ammo as you possibly can. Some day, much like land. They may not be makin it anymore.

#5 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 11298 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted October 04 2016 - 06:22 PM

Hillary will certainly help if elected!

#6 BLAMMO

BLAMMO

Lousy Shot

• Club LIF Member
  • Others: Donated Member

• 16247 posts
  • LocationTrapped behind enemy lines

Posted October 04 2016 - 07:18 PM

Hillary will certainly help if elected!

She will be elected and there will be ANOTHER sales spike in guns and ammo. I'm pretty well stocked but I hope the ammo manufacturers are prepared. It's gonna be a HUUUUGE Black Friday. I only need a few more items to finish my AR and I'm ordering them soon.

guns_and_ammo.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: gun, sales, hit, 17th, straight, monthly, record, up, 27, percent

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users