New U.S. Army Grenade - Product Review / New Products- Open Discussion - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

New U.S. Army Grenade

new us army grenade

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Phoenix69

Phoenix69

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 25940 posts
  • LocationA little place I like to call "you"ll see".

Posted September 22 2016 - 01:54 PM

http://www.foxnews.c...se-grenade.html

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 zzrguy

zzrguy

That Guy

• Administrators
  • Others: Club LIF Member

• 11497 posts
  • LocationIn a dark corner in the center of my happy place.

Posted September 22 2016 - 05:29 PM

Cool stuff just think they are over thinking it.

#3 Mad Russian

Mad Russian

Putin, the new Ceasar. Veni,Vidi, Vici!

• Donated Member
  • 22005 posts
  • LocationUltimate irony is admiring a foreign President more than your own!

Posted September 22 2016 - 07:07 PM

Does anyone else find this a bit ironic?

"The Army is also touting the new grenade’s ability to provide both fragmentation and blast overpressure more effectively and safely. Blast overpressure refers to the impact of the grenade’s shock wave on body surfaces."

It's an effing grenade, it's supposed to do things that kill people and blow things up. How the heck is it supposed to do that "safely"? Effing idiots!
  • iGreg, mason852, ceesman762 and 1 other like this

#4 TheMongoose

TheMongoose

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • Club LIF Member
  • 2290 posts

Posted September 22 2016 - 07:08 PM

I'm not sure a selector switch on a grenade is a great idea of standard infantry. The concept of making something "Grunt Proof" exists for a reason.
  • Mad Russian and Tom Mac like this

#5 Phoenix69

Phoenix69

Gun Guru

• 25940 posts
  • LocationA little place I like to call "you"ll see".

Posted September 22 2016 - 08:27 PM

"The Army is also touting the new grenade’s ability to provide both fragmentation and blast overpressure more effectively and safely. Blast overpressure refers to the impact of the grenade’s shock wave on body surfaces."

It's an effing grenade, it's supposed to do things that kill people and blow things up. How the heck is it supposed to do that "safely"? Effing idiots!

Well it is Obama's kinder and gentler Army after all!
  • Mad Russian likes this

#6 zzrguy

zzrguy

That Guy

• Administrators
  • Others: Club LIF Member

• 11497 posts
  • LocationIn a dark corner in the center of my happy place.

Posted September 22 2016 - 08:36 PM

They sound like they looking for a flash bang for the military to use or are they looking to use the overpressure to kill.

I mean Christ Keep It Simple Stupid . KISS THERE A REASON FOR IT.

But hey it be 30 million that the Free Sh!÷ army can't get there hands on.
  • Mad Russian likes this

#7 rlitman

rlitman

Gun Guru

• 2186 posts
  • LocationBellmore

Posted September 22 2016 - 08:40 PM

They sound like they looking for a flash bang for the military to use or are they looking to use the overpressure to kill...

They are looking for a lethal weapon. Here's a better link:
http://newatlas.com/...de-et-mp/45481/

"The two main lethal types carried by foot soldiers are concussion and fragmentation grenades.

Concussion grenades are listed as "offensive" because they kill by means of blast. They have a small danger radius, so soldiers can use them while advancing in the open without fear of being caught in the blast wave.

Fragmentation grenades, on the other hand, are "defensive." In addition to a high-explosive charge, the fragmentation grenade has a sleeve filled with ball bearings or is wrapped in wire or a metal casing that shatters into lethal bits on detonation. These typically have a danger radius of 15 m (49 ft), so soldiers have to be behind cover when using them."

• Mad Russian likes this

#8 imrich

imrich

Sharp Shooter!

• Donated Member
  • 375 posts
  • LocationWestern Suffolk

Posted September 22 2016 - 08:46 PM

I hope it works better than those lefty green handled scissors in elementary school. Oh, I hear it's also gender neutral.
  • Mad Russian and viper720 like this

#9 ceesman762

ceesman762

Gun Guru

• Established Member
  • 3169 posts
  • LocationThe Eye of Terror

Posted September 22 2016 - 09:40 PM

the fragments dissolve and trees grow
  • Mad Russian likes this

#10 iGreg

iGreg

Right-wing Sith

• Donated Member
  • 6414 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted September 23 2016 - 02:37 AM

Safer hand grenades, to go along with safer bullets?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GircMluiO94

Edited by iGreg, September 23 2016 - 02:39 AM.

• Mad Russian likes this

#11 viper720

viper720

Respected Gunowner

• Established Member
  • 109 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted September 23 2016 - 10:34 AM

I find the real irony in the part that they mentioned removing the last alternate lethal grenade from service because asbestos.
  • Mad Russian likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: new, us, army, grenade

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users