What Range - Suffolk County [Ranges] - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

What Range

what range

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Dunlin

Dunlin

Respected Gunowner

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 161 posts

Posted September 12 2016 - 05:06 PM

I want to go someplace closer than Calverton to shoot this Friday(probably sometime between 10am and 1pm). I was thinking of trying either Long Island shooting Center or Town of Islip Range both on Freeman Ave.Islip, NY. Any suggestions ?.

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 M-1 Carbine

M-1 Carbine

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 2179 posts
  • LocationBayshore

Posted September 12 2016 - 05:15 PM

The Town of Islip Range isn't open on Fridays this time of year only Sat and Sunday. The Long Island shooting Center? good luck some have had some bad experiences there some have not but as I said good luck. I would take a ride out to the indoor range on 112.

#3 Vycor

Vycor

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • 1867 posts

Posted September 12 2016 - 05:24 PM

Don't you have to buy their ammo at LISC and their prices are high? Where are you located... what about Brookhaven Range?

#4 Dunlin

Dunlin

Respected Gunowner

• 161 posts

Posted September 12 2016 - 05:25 PM

are you sure it's closed on Friday's, the website says closed Sun-Tues and Thursday and open Fri 10am-3pm. Also what range on 112 and can I shoot 5.56 rifle there?.

#5 artburg

artburg

Banned

• Banned
  • Others:
  • 6303 posts
  • LocationSuffolk County Jail

Posted September 12 2016 - 05:43 PM

LISC is evil,Steve said so

#6 mrprovy

mrprovy

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 2604 posts
  • LocationSelden

Posted September 12 2016 - 05:48 PM

Pistols and pistol caliber carbines only in Medford. Brookhaven town range in Ridge on 25 is open.

#7 zzrguy

zzrguy

That Guy

• Administrators
  • Others: Club LIF Member

• 11497 posts
  • LocationIn a dark corner in the center of my happy place.

Posted September 12 2016 - 06:57 PM

Brookhaven is closer then Calverton. Medford is pistol caliber only then there is Mitchell feild in Nassau

#8 M-1 Carbine

M-1 Carbine

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 2179 posts
  • LocationBayshore

Posted September 12 2016 - 07:28 PM

are you sure it's closed on Friday's, the website says closed Sun-Tues and Thursday and open Fri 10am-3pm. Also what range on 112 and can I shoot 5.56 rifle there?.

Just checked to make sure Islip is only open Sat&Sun Sept-Nov. Don't have the address of 112 but its about a mile North of Sunrise. Its an indoor range I don't think you can use a 5.56 but you can call and ask but I think you would want more then 30 feet.
Brookhaven town range in Ridge on 25 would be your best bet. Its about a 25 Minute ride from Bayshore.

#9 chewy77

chewy77

Gun Guru

• Established Member
  • 1766 posts

Posted September 30 2016 - 07:36 PM

Don't mess around go to calverton

#10 mendo

mendo

• Donated Member
  • 18 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted October 03 2016 - 05:40 PM

Is calverton open all week again? I know the website say Oct and Nov they are open 7 days a week but I don't want to waste 40 mins to find out they are closed still. Thx!

#11 Seancusmc

Seancusmc

Gun Guru

• 720 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn

Posted October 03 2016 - 10:27 PM

Long Island Shooting Center is an indoor range. They allow you to shoot rifles at a premium cost at certain targets - which is ok when you want to test a new rifle build real quick but dont want to drive out to calverton. You may have to wait for those shooting points to open up. They are really ideal for pistol only. I have been there many times. Some times they treat you like a gentleman, sometimes like a nuisance - and when they do, you will want to take your money elsewhere. But the convenience of their location is sometimes worth putting up with terrible customer service.
It's been a few years since I have been there. Things may have changed. You can shoot your own ammo there. But if you rent one of their guns you have to shoot their overpriced ammo. Everything there is overpriced - which is typical for a range. So come equipped.
If you go to calverton, and they happen to be closed, there is another range like 10 minutes from there. The name escapes me, but ive had really good experiences there.

#12 SgtUSMC

SgtUSMC

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted October 04 2016 - 07:42 AM

Does anyone know, how much is the daily fee for DSI new range?

#13 ProGodProGunProLife

ProGodProGunProLife

Gun Guru

• LIF Site Moderator
  • Others: Club LIF Member

• 7049 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted October 04 2016 - 09:03 AM

Does anyone know, how much is the daily fee for DSI new range?

Their membership and pricing information can be found here:

https://www.dark-sto...ge/memberships/
  • CVAC085 likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: what, range

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users