Another reason why I hate NY - Page 2 - Chit-Chat - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Another reason why I hate NY

another reason why hate ny

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 Redcoat3340

Redcoat3340

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 1742 posts

Posted August 15 2016 - 02:54 PM

Greetings from the Pacific Northwest. If I'd only known I'da moved here 40 years ago. Finally unloaded the house in Riverhead and a guy was advertising a Sig 250 for a great price, we chatted and a day later met up at one of LGSs and I walked out with my newest pistol. Whata country!

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#22 mason852

mason852

Still a David Crockett kid

• Club LIF Member
  • 2710 posts
  • Locationridge

Posted August 15 2016 - 03:39 PM

Among all the other reasons I hate this place is In my mail is a SUFFERIN County red light camera summons
I wonder what Skell politician will waste my money on another Progressive program

#23 firemanvin

firemanvin

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 545 posts

Posted August 15 2016 - 08:43 PM

I made my wife a very happy woman the other day when I finally realized it's just not worth the aggravation to stay in this crappy state another eight and a half years so she can put in her 20 and grab her 40% state pension. The very high taxes we continue to pay (mainly property and income taxes) dilute the effective value of the pension growth. 2 of my 3 kids live down south and will not come back to NY. My 24 year old son owns a huge house in northern Florida that costed a little over $200K and the property taxes are around $2K per year; and no state income taxes. So I told my wife, once the first grandchild comes, were going. It will be a pleasure to get my pistols "off the radar" and be able to buy whatever I want; scary features and all.
  • TJ Ironhorse, whitefoot and covertjy like this

#24 BeRzErKaS

BeRzErKaS

Respected Gunowner

• Established Member
  • 159 posts
  • LocationTucson, AZ

Posted August 18 2016 - 07:22 PM

Just got back from Arizona and I want to go back already. Nothing like buying a handgun at a gun show on my AZ ID card from a private seller for less than half of what I would have been charged locally and no ten round maximum bs magazines. Just two more years until I make the move permanently. My annual expenses at the house there is what I pay for one month in this state.

C'mon back. We'll leave the light on for ya!

#25 Old Glock guy

Old Glock guy

Sharp Shooter!

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 309 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted August 19 2016 - 12:24 PM

I've seen them recently for around $300 or less. Crap like that makes me hate NJ just a little less.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: another, reason, why, hate, ny

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users