Whats the reasoning behind two pistol owners not allowed to swap guns at mitchell? - Page 2 - Nassau County [Ranges] - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Whats the reasoning behind two pistol owners not allowed to swap guns at mitchell?

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 pequa1

pequa1

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 4922 posts
  • Locationisn't it obvious ?

Posted March 15 2018 - 08:27 AM

Went to Mitchell last about a month ago and "mis-racked" the slide on my PPK.   Finally unjammed and then forgot how to slide the slide back on, lol.   all this stupidity had to take up at least five minutes.   no one came yet I am sure I was on camera.   I just picked up my 1911 and a .22 and fired them that day.   I don't go that often so it could not be I was recalled as a "responsible regular."   Sure I kept the damn thing downrange the whole time but was obviously having difficulty.   Several years ago the range police ran in to tell me I could not drink from a water bottle.   I have seen two cease fires, one called for by my cheap buddy who wanted to retrieve his 30.06 brass and the other by me when I lost the little plastic thingy on my Henry's magazine tube.  I have always just paid 3 bucks and change so to get chased at 59 minutes would be no big deal for me.  29 yards, adequate lighting and ventilation, Its the biggest reason I can not envision paying for a private membership anywhere.

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#22 Swstock

Swstock

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 1665 posts

Posted March 15 2018 - 01:24 PM

Does it sound like it might be fun to try a buddy's gun? If so, it's not allowed in New York. Don't you understand how our laws work?

Fake news. Which CNN reporter are you?
  • NRATC53 likes this

#23 dodgeram

dodgeram

Gun Guru

• 553 posts
  • LocationHicksville/Uniondale

Posted March 15 2018 - 04:03 PM

Contact the head of NC pistol licensing, they say it is not allowed.
Thats why

#24 LarryD23

LarryD23

Gun Guru

• 985 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted March 15 2018 - 07:37 PM

Mitchell Field has many strict rules in place. A few people who are observant may notice the bullet holes.

The bullet hole in the locker on the wall opposite the range was always my favorite.

• NRATC53 and Peconic Paladin like this

#25 pequa1

pequa1

Gun Guru

• 4922 posts
  • Locationisn't it obvious ?

Posted March 16 2018 - 07:00 AM

Thats why

Thanks.   So now we know.    No surprise there.

#26 Camaro45th

Camaro45th

Gun Guru

• 1747 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted March 16 2018 - 07:27 AM

The bullet hole in the locker on the wall opposite the range was always my favorite.

I’ll have to look for that next time I go!

#27 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 11242 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted March 16 2018 - 07:38 AM

Most people see the bullet holes walking in the first time.
  • NRATC53 likes this

#28 rlitman

rlitman

Gun Guru

• 2174 posts
  • LocationBellmore

Posted March 19 2018 - 02:40 PM

Thats why

That's an interesting problem.  It's not proscribed in law.  That is well established.  It is not proscribed in the handbook, so in theory, it is not proscribed in regulation (at least in any regulation that can be enforced).

While a verbal opinion from anyone in NC pistol licensing (head or not) has no legal weight behind it for most of us here, it certainly can keep YOUR hands tied.  <sigh>

• Swstock likes this

#29 dodgeram

dodgeram

Gun Guru

• 553 posts
  • LocationHicksville/Uniondale

Posted March 19 2018 - 04:04 PM

That's an interesting problem.  It's not proscribed in law.  That is well established.  It is not proscribed in the handbook, so in theory, it is not proscribed in regulation (at least in any regulation that can be enforced).
While a verbal opinion from anyone in NC pistol licensing (head or not) has no legal weight behind it for most of us here, it certainly can keep YOUR hands tied.  <sigh>

Agreed, manual actually says you can, but head of nassau is following head of ncpl

#30 Wowzer

Wowzer

Gun Guru

• 717 posts
  • LocationNassau county

Posted August 28 2018 - 05:50 PM

Agreed, manual actually says you can, but head of nassau is following head of ncpl

How can you rent handguns if it is against the law?

#31 M_F

M_F

Sharp Shooter!

• 420 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted August 28 2018 - 08:33 PM

How can you rent handguns if it is against the law?

I only know of 2 places on Long Island that rent handguns, and they are both in Suffolk. 

• NRATC53 likes this

#32 Wowzer

Wowzer

Gun Guru

• 717 posts
  • LocationNassau county

Posted September 03 2018 - 11:04 PM

I only know of 2 places on Long Island that rent handguns, and they are both in Suffolk.

I agree, but they both in NYS. Since we have NYS pistol license, why would that preclude trying out someone else’s pistol? Other than Mitchell local rule. My point is that NYS must not have anything against a legal pistol licensee from using someone else’s gun.

#33 NRATC53

NRATC53

Now an Ex NYer

• Donated Member
  • 24738 posts

Posted September 04 2018 - 12:43 PM

I agree, but they both in NYS. Since we have NYS pistol license, why would that preclude trying out someone else’s pistol? Other than Mitchell local rule. My point is that NYS must not have anything against a legal pistol licensee from using someone else’s gun.

There is nothing in NYS law, If you are in immediate area, another can use your handgun. it is easier to control people, which is what they do.

• Ricekila likes this

#34 TJ Ironhorse

TJ Ironhorse

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 2481 posts
  • LocationNorth Massapequa

Posted September 04 2018 - 02:49 PM

Does it sound like it might be fun to try a buddy's gun? If so, it's not allowed in New York. Don't you understand how our laws work?

Please dont yell. Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users