Long Island Shooters Forum banner

Looking for another one

3K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  NRATC53 
#1 ·
Anybody see any S&W 617 22LR with a 4" barrel in a LGS?

#5 ·
I'll take a look and see what we have, in the meantime, we do have another interesting .22LR, what's more fun than a ten-round revolver?

The new Ruger GP100

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Alloy wheel Automotive exhaust

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Machine gun Gun accessory

Attachments

#6 ·
Found one on gunbroker buy it now was $618 plus 22 priority mail NIB condition, best price I have found

#17 ·
The 617 is a great gun (I have one). Easy to shoot, no recoil. Same frame as a 686 so feels very solid in the hand and nice gun to introduce your wife to shooting. Having said all that, I'm not sure I'd want to use a .22 for self defense. Sure, a well placed shot with a .22 is certainly lethal, but there are better options. If you're leaning towards revolvers, then a 4" 686 would work well and loaded with .38 specials, the recoil is minimal. Just a thought.

#18 ·
Good Evening All. I would like to add a snub nosed 22lr revolver to my collection. I don't want to spend major bucks but i also don't want to buy a piece of junk. Used is perfectly alright with me. Any recommendations on manufacturer and maybe a Long Island dealer that might have one?

#19 ·
One in my safe

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.