Long Island Shooters Forum banner

S&W Model 10, first revolver

9K views 63 replies 31 participants last post by  Derikka 
#1 ·
So i picked up my second handgun and first wheel gun last month. Was driving around long island with the girlfriend and at the third dealer we stopped at I and saw this and had to have it. I get more excited when i walk into a store and see a rack of used firearms than when i see a bunch of new ones. haha

This S&W Model 10 i was told was a law enforcement firearm. Lots of holster wear to back that claim up, and wear on the wooden grip. So plenty of character. I took the grips off and found they had a serial number stamped on them so they are the origional for the gun which is nice. I think it was made around 1964-1965ish. Making it the second oldest firearm in my collection. I could not find one rust spot on the whole firearm which made me happy. Trigger is very smooth, I actually like the feel of the trigger over my girlfriends new ruger SP101 357.

So far I only shot 6 rounds out of it during my last trip upstate, so i know it works. Hopefully i can find some time one evening and finish the box.

Vertebrate Air gun Trigger Mammal Gun barrel

Wood Metal Fashion accessory Gun accessory Titanium

Air gun Trigger Revolver Gun barrel Gun accessory

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Bumper Automotive exterior Automotive exhaust

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
It's hard to beat the tried and true Model 10.

Congrats.

#5 ·
Carried one for many years. Picked one up from a former member. Trigger is soooo smooth. It's now my HD gun

Reactions: gopedxr7
#11 · (Edited by Moderator)
Here's one of my 10's. This was a family member's 2" version, now mine.

My first-ever revolver was a S&W 64 (which is the stainless version of the 10)

Attachments

#14 ·
Here's another - possibly from Ox.

Attachments

Reactions: gopedxr7
#16 ·
Maybe he'll return now.

#34 ·
Here's a model 36 & model 10 together.

Attachments

#43 ·

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.