Heard a beautiful sound today - Chit-Chat - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Heard a beautiful sound today

heard beautiful sound today

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 cu455

cu455

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 1761 posts

Posted March 12 2016 - 01:37 PM

I went for a run today by the Woodmere docks and heard these beautiful sounds. Not really a location where you would hear alot of gun shots. Someone must of been shooting clays or just target shooting over the water or off a boat.

• LIRight likes this

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 Barnslayer

Barnslayer

Banned

• Guests
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • LocationPort Washington

Posted March 12 2016 - 01:43 PM

I grew up in Woodmere. Lived there until college. Never went down to the docks. That was the fancy part of town, like back Lawrence.
This is what I heard for the first time in a while…...
Posted Image
  • Tonto likes this

#3 MossbergMan

MossbergMan

shall NOT be infringed

• Club LIF Member
  • Others: Donated Member

• 2426 posts
  • LocationRikers Island

Posted March 12 2016 - 01:45 PM

That looks like a scene from the Sopranos.
  • Tonto and 100MPG like this

#4 Phoenix69

Phoenix69

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 25934 posts
  • LocationA little place I like to call "you"ll see".

Posted March 12 2016 - 02:00 PM

I bet someone called the Police. Its for the children!

#5 class3

class3

Gun Guru

• 3561 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted March 12 2016 - 02:50 PM

I have shot trap there years ago. I'm surprised it's still going on.

#6 FDEMTNYC

FDEMTNYC

Sharp Shooter!

• Club LIF Member
  • 389 posts
  • LocationBethpage

Posted March 12 2016 - 03:17 PM

Beautiful sound? Like....every media outlet reporting cuomo was arrested? Lmao! Almost everyday at work, I hear shots in the distance from the NYPD's range in Rodman's Neck.

#7 Postal Bob

Postal Bob

Gun Guru

• 4034 posts

Posted March 12 2016 - 04:21 PM

The Keystone Yacht club shoots trap every Saturday and Sunday at noon during the winter months. The have an electric thrower set up on the docks. Once the boats go in the water, they stop for the season.
There's also another place in Lawrence or Rockaway that does the same thing.

Btw, there's also a lot of duck hunting that takes place in the waters down there. I've shot at the club, and then did some duck hunting with some of the members many years back.
  • nedbal likes this

#8 nedbal

nedbal

win support for firearms - train a new shooter

• Topic Starter
  • Club LIF Member
  • 1688 posts
  • LocationFreeport R&R is my closest range, great place

Posted March 12 2016 - 06:06 PM

Skeet Shooting
The Klaybirds shoot every Saturday and Sunday throughout the winter months. Please see Joe K. for more information.

I'm a bit east and see duck boats heading down to Bay Park often

#9 cu455

cu455

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 1761 posts

Posted March 12 2016 - 06:43 PM

The Keystone Yacht club shoots trap every Saturday and Sunday at noon during the winter months. The have an electric thrower set up on the docks. Once the boats go in the water, they stop for the season.

Btw, there's also a lot of duck hunting that takes place in the waters down there. I've shot at the club, and then did some duck hunting with some of the members many years back.

It wasn't the Lawrence or Rockaway club. The shot was coming from the other direction. The Keystone Yacht club dock is in the video. The could have been taking place on a dock I couldn't see. The shots were close I felt like I should have had ear protection in.

I'm a bit east and see duck boats heading down to Bay Park often

Where did that quote come from? There were a lot of ducks there today. I thought it was weird that there were so many ducks in salt/brackish water.

#10 blue steel

blue steel

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 3754 posts

Posted March 12 2016 - 06:56 PM

LOL...reminds me of a story from a loooong time ago. Officer (unnamed) with organiztion (unnamed) was patroling the docks (you got it..ain't saying) late at night. Real late. Like 3am late. Bored out of his skull. Watching the damn seagulls. Decides to see the effect of 357 mag on one of them. (ah the days of wheelguns). Nothing like a 357 in the middle of the night to adjust the mind. "holy snit, what did I just do? " Speeding patrol car AWAY from scene...... lmao

Edited by blue steel, March 12 2016 - 06:57 PM.

• VolkoSupply likes this

#11 Hannco

Hannco

Black Robe Regiment Immigration without assimilation = invasion

• Club LIF Member
  • 8117 posts
  • LocationCentral Nassau

Posted March 12 2016 - 07:20 PM

The only shooting going on in the Rockaways involves gangs and skeet is not the target.

#12 Yaphank Kid

Yaphank Kid

Older Budweiser

• Donated Member
  • 2222 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted March 12 2016 - 07:47 PM

I thought you were going to say that the beautiful sound was the toll gate going up as you were leaving NY for good.
  • Foosel likes this

#13 Postal Bob

Postal Bob

Gun Guru

• 4034 posts

Posted March 12 2016 - 07:57 PM

It wasn't the Lawrence or Rockaway club. The shot was coming from the other direction. The Keystone Yacht club dock is in the video. The could have been taking place on a dock I couldn't see. The shots were close I felt like I should have had ear protection in.

The shooting is from the Keystone Yacht club in Woodmere. They shoot every Saturday and Sunday through the winter. It used to be right in front of that white building by the water in the beginning of the docks. If they were there, you'd see people in the video easily. They might have moved it further on the other side of the building. But I could not see any clays going through the air or being broken. But the pattern of the shots is definitely from shooting trap.

#14 E

E

Gun Guru

• 3289 posts

Posted March 12 2016 - 08:17 PM

Where my five towns people at

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: heard, beautiful, sound, today

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users