VHA going out of business - All Other - Open Discussions - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

VHA going out of business

vha going out of business

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Gary_Hungerford

Gary_Hungerford

SASI Firearms Chairman, LISAPA Training Committee

• Club LIF Member
  • Others: , , ,
  • 6264 posts
  • LocationEverywhere, all the time

Posted February 17 2016 - 08:59 AM

I received the attached PDF, in yesterday's mail. Whhen I checked the legal reference, it appears to be an involuntary dissolution, being sought by the state of SD.

Here's the legal citation, from the South Dakota Commercial Code:
47-1A-1420. Grounds for administrative dissolution. The Office of the Secretary of State may commence a proceeding, under §47-1A-1421, to administratively dissolve a corporation if:
(1) The corporation does not pay within sixty days after they are due any filing fees or penalties imposed by this chapter or other law;
(2) The corporation does not deliver its annual report to the Office of the Secretary of State within sixty days after it is due;
(3) The corporation is without a registered agent in this state for sixty days or more;
(4) The corporation does not notify the Office of the Secretary of State within sixty days that its registered agent has been changed or that its registered agent has resigned or
(5) The corporation's period of duration stated in its articles of incorporation expires.

And here's the letter I received:

Gary

Attached Files

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 LiDad

LiDad

Gun Guru

• Established Member
  • 10011 posts
  • LocationLindenhurst

Posted February 17 2016 - 09:05 AM

I can't open the file from here.

Who's VHA?

#3 LongIsland Guy

LongIsland Guy

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 3334 posts
  • LocationLake Ronk

Posted February 17 2016 - 09:16 AM

Varmit Hunters Association?..your subscription is coming to an end....as is the corporation under this name. You want to file a claim because of this ,they are giving you that opportunity.

Edited by LongIsland Guy, February 17 2016 - 09:18 AM.

#4 airbrushart

airbrushart

airbrushart

• Club LIF Member
  • 5514 posts
  • Locationspace the final frontier

Posted February 17 2016 - 10:24 AM

I love the magazine, however I didn't receive any like that notice, well not yet, maybe in a day or two. That will really su*k.

#5 airbrushart

airbrushart

airbrushart

• Topic Starter
  • Club LIF Member
  • 5514 posts
  • Locationspace the final frontier

Posted February 17 2016 - 10:28 AM

The Varmint Hunters Association Reported to be Closed

VARMINT HUNTING NEWS

Eric Mayer

Posted Image
Reports say that the Varmint Hunters Association has Closed

About two weeks ago, rumors started to surface around the internet that the Varmint Hunters Association had “closed”. As word began to spread, folks reported the VHA phone number as being disconnected and that emails were going unanswered. Then, a couple of days ago, the VHA Facebook page disappeared, along with the Varmint Hunters Association website a day later. I requested more information from a friend of mine who writes for the Varmint Hunter Magazine, and he reported that the VHA is out of business and that they have ceased publication of the Varmint Hunter Magazine.
Posted Image
The Varmint Hunters Association Website is Shut-Down

Posted Image
Another Classic VHA Magazine Cover

It is a sad day when another major publication that is geared towards the varmint hunting, small caliber, precision shooting, population goes out of business. Since its inception in the early 1990s, the Varmint Hunter Magazine was something that many folks looked forward to every quarter! Years ago, at the height of its popularity, people would actually post when they received the newest magazine in the mail, with others in the far west bemoaning the fact that they had to wait another day or two to get their copy. One of the Varmint Hunter Magazine’s “trademark” features after the first few issues, was a beautiful, high-quality, close-up photo of a varmint, or fur-bearer, on the front page of every issue. The covers became almost as popular as the information included in the magazine, with their covers with coyotes, bobcats, wolves and other unique animals that you normally don’t see gracing the cover of any magazine, being the most popular.
The rise of the VHA was due to the immense support from its members, who consistently submitted pictures and well-written articles, that were devoid of the corporate speak that we often find in other print magazines today. Reaching the goal of getting into the 500 yard club, or seeing your picture in the magazine, were just a couple of reasons for the dedication that members gave towards the club. It was exciting to share your adventures with other folks from around North America! The yearly jamboree at the VHA property and clubhouse drew hundreds of die-hard varmint hunters to South Dakota every year, making the experience real for folks who belonged to the “club” and gave them a chance to meet with other club members from around North America.
When we here at Varminter heard that the Varmint Hunters Association reported to be closed, it caused quite a bit of shock and definitely sadness. Jeff and Jackie Rheborg began something that meant the world to a lot of people. We are sure that the demise of this wonderful magazine also means a great loss to the Rheborgs, who spent decades pouring their hearts and souls into creating a masterpiece for us lowly varmint hunters. After the loss of the Small Caliber News and Precision Shooting, it was the only magazine left that kept coming. Until now.
Posted Image
Varmint Hunters Magazine – 1991 to 2015

Our hats are off to everyone who brought this magazine to fruition and worked so hard to make it the quality publication that it was over the last 24 years, particularly Jeff and Jackie Rheborg and their long-time editor, John Anderson…
(Varminter.com and Varminter Magazine is not affiliated with the Varmint Hunters Association, or the Varmint Hunter Magazine in any way)

#6 Gary_Hungerford

Gary_Hungerford

SASI Firearms Chairman, LISAPA Training Committee

• Club LIF Member
  • Others: , , ,
  • 6264 posts
  • LocationEverywhere, all the time

Posted February 17 2016 - 11:29 AM

I can't open the file from here.

Who's VHA?

VHA = Varmint Hunters' Association, Inc. I don't know what caused their demise but has asked the question of their attorney. If and when I hear, I'll post.
Gary

#7 BLAMMO

BLAMMO

Lousy Shot

• Club LIF Member
  • Others: Donated Member

• 16247 posts
  • LocationTrapped behind enemy lines

Posted February 17 2016 - 12:54 PM

LOUSY VARMINTS!!

Posted Image
  • Lemming and The Idiocracy like this