Fluke/Flounder Fishing-Good Pier Spots - Page 2 - Fishing - Open Discussions - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Fluke/Flounder Fishing-Good Pier Spots

flukeflounder fishing good pier spots

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 lonewolf5347

lonewolf5347

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 1498 posts

Posted February 19 2016 - 07:30 PM

fluke fishing is not what it use to be

Edited by lonewolf5347, February 19 2016 - 07:31 PM.

• trapshooterbob likes this

# Advertisement

Advertisement
  • Topic Starter

Posted A minute ago

#22 trapshooterbob

trapshooterbob

Gun Guru

• LIF Site Moderator
  • Others: Club LIF Member

• 4438 posts
  • LocationBohemia, NY

Posted February 19 2016 - 08:04 PM

First thanks to everyone who answered so far.

For the record I know a little about fishing and it's early. I am just getting ready for the season and the question came up in my mind, so I figured I'd ask because I haven't hit a pier in many years.

Edited by trapshooterbob, February 19 2016 - 08:05 PM.

• C6NY likes this

#23 pequa1

pequa1

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • Established Member + Classifieds
  • 4922 posts
  • Locationisn't it obvious ?

Posted February 19 2016 - 08:13 PM

based on your location, I would recommend getting into kayaking and accessing the Connetquot (saltwater end), the area near the old OBI, once you are experienced the launches at Captree, and whatever town park you have with bay access. ( would that be Islip town ? ) Robert Moses for surfcasting using the aforementioned methods spring and fall. But by all means start snooping around on noreast.com. You will be there for days on end.

#24 trapshooterbob

trapshooterbob

Gun Guru

• LIF Site Moderator
  • Others: Club LIF Member

• 4438 posts
  • LocationBohemia, NY

Posted February 19 2016 - 08:44 PM

based on your location, I would recommend getting into kayaking and accessing the Connetquot (saltwater end), the area near the old OBI, once you are experienced the launches at Captree, and whatever town park you have with bay access. ( would that be Islip town ? ) Robert Moses for surfcasting using the aforementioned methods spring and fall. But by all means start snooping around on noreast.com. You will be there for days on end.

Thanks for the advice!

Yep Islip.

noreast.com love this site
on the water love this site
the fisherman

I have been living on fishing sites all week. I also subscribed to some long island fishing channels on youtube.

I work in Hampton Bays so Shinnecock is in my sites on the beach near the inlet. But I also want to look around closer to home, Bohemia, so I'll take any and all suggestions and advice.

#25 LiDad

LiDad

Gun Guru

• Established Member
  • 10011 posts
  • LocationLindenhurst

Posted February 19 2016 - 09:19 PM

I remember catching fluke like porgies back in the '80s, every day on the Helen H in Sheepshead bay, Brooklyn was coming home with at least 5-6 fish each, and we were 13 year olds, but full day trips back then, 7-3.

When I was a teen my father took me many times on the Commodor out of Island Park. We fished waaaaay back in the bay. Always did well.

Ah the days......

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: flukeflounder, fishing, good, pier, spots

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users