My back gets ripped open on Valentine's Day - All Other - Open Discussions - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

My back gets ripped open on Valentine's Day

my back gets ripped open on valentines day

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 louie lam

louie lam

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 760 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted February 14 2016 - 11:07 PM

The girlfriend is not in town until the 2nd half of the year. So I went snowboarding at PA with a friend today. We scheduled to stay until around 5pm. At around 4:30pm, the moment when I got of the lift I felt a nail or something scratched really hard on my ski pants. I fell forward once I made contact with the ground. I thought it was a little nip. There maybe a hole on the pants. Took off the gloves and reached for my buttocks. Crap!! My back is wide opened. The embarrassment wasn't the thing that killed me, it was the cold. It was like 0 degree up in the mountain. Now my back is open all the way to the front. My buttocks and that important part between my thighs were freezing without the protection from that layer of insulation. I was done for the day.

When I returned the gears I showed my back to the people around me and told them what happened to me earlier. Everybody was cracking up like they were watching a comedy show. The father and son at the parking lot were also in laughter. It was really hilarious. Luckily the pants were just $24 I bought four years ago.

Attached Thumbnails

• P1090595(001).jpg

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 class3

class3

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 3561 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted February 14 2016 - 11:22 PM

Jeepers, duct tape that up and get back out there!
  • NRATC53, Tonto, Mad Russian and 4 others like this

#3 MEGA2899

MEGA2899

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • Others: Donated Member

• 618 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted February 14 2016 - 11:25 PM

Lol. I'd be laughing too!

I'm up snowboarding up in gore mountain and was on the bunny slopes to teach my nephew and nieces. I thought "wow it's kind of warm with all these layers" got up to the peak where it was my turn to play and the temps were significantly lower! So glad I didn't take off any layers! It was freezing !

Also ripped pants would have been a sign for my wife to go shopping at the gear shop.today she told me the white parts of her bindings are not white anymore and said she'll need new ones because they're off white now....

#4 Fastphil

Fastphil

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted February 14 2016 - 11:36 PM

Should have demanded a free lift ticket for next time. Sounds like something on the chair was responsible
  • Tonto, TTSkipper and loadingdockman like this

#5 Captain Will

Captain Will

Banned

• Banned
  • 19574 posts

Posted February 15 2016 - 12:56 AM

You're SO lucky there wasn't an actual injury, as I thought when I read this thread!
Looks like your pants got caught under the seat- happens occasionally.
  • NRATC53, TTSkipper and mickeyblueyes like this

#6 Phoenix69

Phoenix69

Gun Guru

• 25407 posts
  • LocationA little place I like to call "you"ll see".

Posted February 15 2016 - 06:34 AM

I give you credit for posting this.

#7 loadingdockman

loadingdockman

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member

• 4944 posts
  • LocationYou will never know........

Posted February 15 2016 - 06:59 AM

Jeepers, duct tape that up and get back out there!

Duct tape them, you will look like a "local"..
  • gwbahren likes this

#8 PandM

PandM

moved to greener pastures

• Club LIF Member
  • 10857 posts

Posted February 15 2016 - 07:10 AM

Your Valentines Day could have been worse.

#9 mickeyblueyes

mickeyblueyes

Listen up,I don't dial 911.

• 3598 posts
  • LocationMany miles from Uranis

Posted February 15 2016 - 08:21 AM

Louie, as said above I don't understand why people find humor in other peoples misfortune???????? Those could have been new $400 pants or as CW said your flesh could have been pulled open as fast or left you dangling 50 feet off the ground if you got caught the right way, would they be laughing if they saw some one fall to his death??

#10 Nordon

Nordon

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 6479 posts
  • LocationEast Northport, not far from Brooklyn

Posted February 15 2016 - 08:24 AM

I went last year this time to Windham, when we had similar temps, all next to impossible to ski in -10 temps.
  • Mad Russian likes this

#11 Genghis Khan

Genghis Khan

Unappreciated while still alive

• Established Member
  • 3841 posts

Posted February 15 2016 - 08:26 AM

Last month I went to the movies with my lady. We ducked under the ropes to get on the popcorn line instead of zigzagging through the empty queue and as I bent down, the seat of my pants ripped. It was a big breach from mid thigh straight up to the waistband. My jeans were completely open in the rear. After we stopped laughing, I tied my jacket around my waist, bought their overpriced popcorn and watched the movies essentially without pants.
  • louie lam likes this

#12 Genghis Khan

Genghis Khan

Unappreciated while still alive

• Established Member
  • 3841 posts

Posted February 15 2016 - 08:27 AM

Louie, as said above I don't understand why people find humor in other peoples misfortune???????? Those could have been new $400 pants or as CW said your flesh could have been pulled open as fast or left you dangling 50 feet off the ground if you got caught the right way, would they be laughing if they saw some one fall to his death??

Basic mathematics

Comedy=Tragedy+Time
  • louie lam likes this

#13 Hannco

Hannco

Black Robe Regiment Immigration without assimilation = invasion

• Club LIF Member
  • 8117 posts
  • LocationCentral Nassau

Posted February 15 2016 - 08:42 AM

The girlfriend is not in town until the 2nd half of the year. So I went snowboarding at PA with a friend today. We scheduled to stay until around 5pm. At around 4:30pm, the moment when I got of the lift I felt a nail or something scratched really hard on my ski pants. I fell forward once I made contact with the ground. I thought it was a little nip. There maybe a hole on the pants. Took off the gloves and reached for my buttocks. Crap!! My back is wide opened. The embarrassment wasn't the thing that killed me, it was the cold. It was like 0 degree up in the mountain. Now my back is open all the way to the front. My buttocks and that important part between my thighs were freezing without the protection from that layer of insulation. I was done for the day.

When I returned the gears I showed my back to the people around me and told them what happened to me earlier. Everybody was cracking up like they were watching a comedy show. The father and son at the parking lot were also in laughter. It was really hilarious. Luckily the pants were just $24 I bought four years ago.

When I returned the gears I showed my back to the people around me and told them what happened to me earlier. Everybody was cracking up like they were watching a comedy show. The father and son at the parking lot were also in laughter. It
was really hilarious. Luckily the pants were just $24 I bought four years ago.

You made a poopchute, brilliant!!

#14 mason852

mason852

Still a David Crockett kid

• Club LIF Member
  • 2586 posts
  • Locationridge

Posted February 15 2016 - 08:51 AM

It wasn't funny until I got to the picture and then it looks like you had a third helping of my venison and bean chile
  • louie lam likes this

#15 Captain Will

Captain Will

Banned

• Banned
  • 19574 posts

Posted February 15 2016 - 09:35 AM

would they be laughing if they saw some one fall to his death??

I won't presume to answer for everyone on here, but there are a couple of people I might be tempted to PUSH out of the chair. And if Hillary or Cuomo's at Killington anytime this week, she/he'd better ride up in the chair with a bodyguard just to be safe. Let's just say if they fell out of the chair I might not be laughing, but I'd be clapping inside.

#16 safety42

safety42

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member

• 657 posts

Posted February 15 2016 - 09:51 AM

I hear you get all the ice cream you can eat when you have a injury in the But tox
  • pequa1, PeepSight and Mad Russian like this

#17 Mad Russian

Mad Russian

Putin, the new Ceasar. Veni,Vidi, Vici!

• Donated Member
  • 22005 posts
  • LocationUltimate irony is admiring a foreign President more than your own!

Posted February 15 2016 - 11:44 AM

Had that happen to me when the one piece snow suit I had split down the middle. Luckily it wasn't that cold. I skied carefully down to the parking lot, put on a pair a of jeans with the split suit over them and finished the day.
Bought a bib and jacket the next day.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: my, back, gets, ripped, open, on, valentines, day

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users