LA Times Quote of the day - priceless - Page 3 - Chit-Chat - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

LA Times Quote of the day - priceless

la times quote of the day priceless

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#41 Huntington Guy

Huntington Guy

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 9506 posts
  • LocationHuntington

Posted January 30 2016 - 02:21 PM

It's statements like that that lead to this..................................

Part of the reason why watering down the application of the term PTSD without a diagnosis is a problem. It minimizes and actually further stigmatizes what it is.
Someone with legitimate PTSD should be able to be treated for it no differently than someone would get care for a broken bone.

ETA: without BS consequences

Edited by Huntington Guy, January 30 2016 - 02:21 PM.

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#42 psydaddy

psydaddy

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 4551 posts
  • LocationEmerald Isle, NC

Posted January 30 2016 - 02:40 PM

My head is spinning and venom is on the tip of my tongue so I'll try to behave.

There is only one course of action that is desperately required of this T#@T and all other liberals who feel the same way or have issues with what our men and women in the service do for us. Yes, everyone "hears" soldiers dying for our freedoms, etc but apparently these people don't comprehend what that entails. My idea is to take those freedoms away from them. Pack them the F up and ship them to any Commie country....or somewhere in the Middle East and let them live there for a few years. Only then will they appreciate what they had here and how it is those men and women who shed blood for this country that enabled them to have those freedoms....like voting for incompetent MF'ers, like starting your own business, like doing pretty much whatever it is you want to do....

People forget why the color red is in our nations flag....an experience like I indicated above would sure help to remind them!

I have another idea. Make military service a prerequisite for running for office.

#43 Barnslayer

Barnslayer

Banned

• Guests
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • LocationPort Washington

Posted January 30 2016 - 03:01 PM

I have another idea. Make military service a prerequisite for running for office.

Not foolproof. LBJ, Carter, Kerry.

#44 psydaddy

psydaddy

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 4551 posts
  • LocationEmerald Isle, NC

Posted January 30 2016 - 03:05 PM

Not foolproof. LBJ, Carter, Kerry.

No, not foolproof, but it's a start.

#45 LongIsland Guy

LongIsland Guy

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 3334 posts
  • LocationLake Ronk

Posted January 30 2016 - 04:35 PM

I listened to it twice and I didn't hear her say ALL vets are mentally ill. I did hear her say that" vets who are mentally incapacitated in one way or the other should not be handling these weapons"
I don't mean to defend her but there are hundreds of other things she has said that really show her ignorance....like the vets in Afghanistan were the first to have PTSD....

#46 Barnslayer

Barnslayer

Banned

• Guests
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • LocationPort Washington

Posted January 30 2016 - 04:43 PM

I listened to it twice and I didn't hear her say ALL vets are mentally ill. I did hear her say that" vets who are mentally incapacitated in one way or the other should not be handling these weapons"
I don't mean to defend her but there are hundreds of other things she has said that really show her ignorance....like the vets in Afghanistan were the first to have PTSD....

On the surface the statement may make sense. But…. why single out vets? Shouldn't this apply to muzzies, thugs and politicians as well as everyone else?
Also … who gets to decide what constitutes "mentally incapacitated"? That last bit about "in one way or the other" certainly hints towards Washington getting
the power to make up their own guidelines.

#47 LiDad

LiDad

Gun Guru

• Established Member
  • 10011 posts
  • LocationLindenhurst

Posted January 30 2016 - 04:51 PM

Not to deflect from our veterans, however....

Just wait until the government decides that other things automatically give you PTSD.

Being in a car accident, especially if there are injuries.
Being unemployed for more than X-weeks.
The death of a child.
Being sued.
Failure of your business.
Getting divorced.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: la, times, quote, of, the, day, priceless

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users