LA Times Quote of the day - priceless - Page 2 - Chit-Chat - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

LA Times Quote of the day - priceless

la times quote of the day priceless

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#21 Parashooter

Parashooter

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 11553 posts

Posted January 29 2016 - 02:11 PM

PTSD a recent disorder, from the Iraq war? Does her level of stupid ever decrease. Hey asshat, ever hear of Viet Nam, Korea, Ww2 ?What a moron. As moronic as the fools that elected her.

Just listening to her I'm thinking "this person's not all there" Even if I didn't know who I was hearing...

On to the newfangled PTSD thing.... Geroge Carlin did a great bit about the evolution of "Shell Shock" into PTSD.... I think that was around 1980?

"Euphemisms"... Yep - here it is....

• 100MPG likes this

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#22 Parashooter

Parashooter

Gun Guru

• 11553 posts

Posted January 29 2016 - 02:14 PM

WWI - Shell Shock

WWII - Battle Fatigue

Korea - Operational Exhaustion

Viet Nam - Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder... "16 years ago" (Viet Nam ended) so that puts it around 1990 the video was done, but the "action" ended in '74.

....So much for Dim Flip's "new" disorder. Idiot.

#23 havfun

havfun

Gun Guru

• Banned
  • Others: Donated Member, Club LIF Member

• 2611 posts
  • Locationnassau

Posted January 29 2016 - 02:17 PM

so if someone has the nerve to serve there country they should lose there rights.
who TF does she think she is.

this woman is a traitor and should be delt as one.
how dare she.
i am not a vet and i am disgusted. thanks you all for your service even though some people do not respect it ( i and most sane people do)
  • gettingfedup and MikeM like this

#24 VietVet

VietVet

• Established Member
  • 4453 posts

Posted January 29 2016 - 02:19 PM

I'll believe it when one of those vets uses her for target practice,.....

Using her for target practice would just prove a Vets SANITY. If it's a Vet no "practice" needed. One round will do it.

#25 Barnslayer

Barnslayer

Banned

• Guests
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • LocationPort Washington

Posted January 29 2016 - 02:32 PM

PTSD is just a new term for an old condition. But the thing that is newer (since the 1970's) is the lack of decompression and acceptance back into American society.
It used to be we won wars. The troops, for the most part, shipped home en masse on ship. That's the decompression.
A vet coming home after having served couldn't buy himself a drink because a grateful nation said "You're money's no good here. It's on me!" He could walk the streets all decked out in his class A's with his ribbons on his chest.

Men faced some pretty horrible stuff in WW1, WW2 but shell shock or battle fatigue did not make you a pariah. You were a hero. You were welcomed back by a proud nation. A nation that was glad you killed the enemy. A nation that had your back.

Vietnam marked a change in all that. In country one day. Get on a jet and you're home within days. Your unit, your buddies still overseas. Now you're home but there's no welcome. No parades. No movies portraying your heroism. You're warned to not wear your uniform or you get spit on, called baby killer and maybe assaulted. Nobody wants to hire you because of politics or they've been brainwashed into believing you're now a psycho or drug addict. Everywhere you hear and read how you did the wrong thing. Your government gives up it's half-hearted efforts and packs it in.

Now you get labeled unfit to own a firearm. You see illegals getting government help and you get the cold shoulder.
  • psydaddy, Mad Russian, Flagg888 and 1 other like this

#26 Lemming

Lemming

Gun guru (poseur)

• Established Member
  • 6177 posts

Posted January 29 2016 - 02:37 PM

Actually, what she said was a bit different. In essence, "any vet could have PTSD and who would we know?" However, there's enough woo and baloney in what she did say, that I'd argue it was worse than the misquote.

[font="""]If I understand this, this [amendment] adds an exemption of retired military. As I understand our bill, no issue has arose [sic] in this regard during the ten years the expired ban was in effect and what we did in the other bill was exempt possession by the United States or a department or agency of the United States. So that included active military. The problem with expanding this is that, you know, with the advent of PTSD, which I think is a new phenomenon as a product of the Iraq War, it's not clear how the seller or transferrer of a firearm covered by this bill would verify that an individual was a member, or a veteran, and that there was no impairment of that individual with respect to having a weapon like this. So, you know, I would be happy to sit down with you again and see if we could work something out but I think we have to — if you're going to do this, find a way that veterans who are incapacitated for one reason or another mentally don't have access to this kind of weapon. [/font]

#27 AmericanDragon

AmericanDragon

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 711 posts

Posted January 29 2016 - 02:37 PM

Wow, what an imbecile! Where is the collective outcry for her to resign? If Feinstein really wanted to do something worth while for humanity, she should donate her brain to be studied. She is obviously very mentally disturbed. Thank you to all the men and women for your service. We here at LIF have your back!!

Edited by AmericanDragon, January 29 2016 - 02:37 PM.

#28 LiDad

LiDad

Gun Guru

• Established Member
  • 10011 posts
  • LocationLindenhurst

Posted January 29 2016 - 02:42 PM

Actually, what she said was a bit different. In essence, "any vet could have PTSD and who would we know?" However, there's enough woo and baloney in what she did say, that I'd argue it was worse than the misquote.

That in a broader scope can be applied to ANYONE!

Which then leads to requiring a psych exam and what shrink is going to sign off your safe to own a gun??

#29 BLAMMO

BLAMMO

Lousy Shot

• Club LIF Member
  • Others: Donated Member

• 16247 posts
  • LocationTrapped behind enemy lines

Posted January 29 2016 - 02:46 PM

Di in a fire

#30 Diesel1

Diesel1

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 3586 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted January 29 2016 - 06:10 PM

My head is spinning and venom is on the tip of my tongue so I'll try to behave.

There is only one course of action that is desperately required of this T#@T and all other liberals who feel the same way or have issues with what our men and women in the service do for us. Yes, everyone "hears" soldiers dying for our freedoms, etc but apparently these people don't comprehend what that entails. My idea is to take those freedoms away from them. Pack them the F up and ship them to any Commie country....or somewhere in the Middle East and let them live there for a few years. Only then will they appreciate what they had here and how it is those men and women who shed blood for this country that enabled them to have those freedoms....like voting for incompetent MF'ers, like starting your own business, like doing pretty much whatever it is you want to do....

People forget why the color red is in our nations flag....an experience like I indicated above would sure help to remind them!
  • Mad Russian likes this

#31 Huntington Guy

Huntington Guy

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 9506 posts
  • LocationHuntington

Posted January 29 2016 - 10:06 PM

Call it whatever you like, how TF would that cow have a clue? Even if she was going back to when the new language for the diagnosis was created (DSM-3 1980) it's still 36 years ago, nothing new about it.
The writer nailed his assessment of the voters electing her, I can't even wrap my mind around how effing stupid some of these "geniuses" are.
That they continue to politicize PTSD for whatever they think they are accomplishing boils my blood. Blood, sweat and tears reduced to sound bytes and fundraising.

#32 Nordon

Nordon

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 6514 posts
  • LocationEast Northport, not far from Brooklyn

Posted January 29 2016 - 10:08 PM

Firing squad in the old days, such traitorous ways about them.

Edited by Nordon, January 29 2016 - 10:09 PM.

#33 shooter

shooter

Gun Guru

• 801 posts
  • LocationFormaly Bellmore. Now Florida

Posted January 29 2016 - 10:15 PM

Jfk is beloved by Democrates.

He served in a war.

Did he have PTSD?

No he had an STD.
  • Barnslayer and LiDad like this

#34 Huntington Guy

Huntington Guy

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 9506 posts
  • LocationHuntington

Posted January 29 2016 - 10:33 PM

Kerry is a fierce warrior, ask him and he'll tell ya. Maybe he is her go to guy for Intel on these issues. They make quite a team.

#35 Yaphank Kid

Yaphank Kid

Older Budweiser

• Donated Member
  • 2222 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted January 30 2016 - 12:00 AM

He served in a war.

Did he have PTSD?

With JFK PTSD stood for Pull The Skirt Down.
  • Mad Russian and LiDad like this

#36 bigbore44

bigbore44

Sharp Shooter!

• Club LIF Member
  • 3948 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted January 30 2016 - 02:48 AM

I hope that the next time that she comes in close proximity to anybody military, active or not, that they take the moment to effing B2345-slap her in the ugly mug for all to see. Why doesn't she just friggin die already.

#37 TJ Ironhorse

TJ Ironhorse

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 2482 posts
  • LocationNorth Massapequa

Posted January 30 2016 - 10:44 AM

He served in a war.

Did he have PTSD?

Yes. His version of it. Post Traumatic Sex Disorder

#38 Destro

Destro

Zombtac Operator

• Donated Member
  • 12178 posts
  • LocationRunning with the spirits of the Nesaquake & Caleb Smith

Posted January 30 2016 - 12:34 PM

Funny thing is Dianne Feinstien has PTSD. Seriously.

She used to conceal carry for years, and upon the assassination of Harvey Milk who basically died in her arms became an "anti" due to the emotional trauma. In some twisted ways she considers herself a gun expert.

She is in many ways mentally ill.

#39 Huntington Guy

Huntington Guy

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 9506 posts
  • LocationHuntington

Posted January 30 2016 - 12:42 PM

PTSD is not automatic just because someone experiences a traumatic event, for most people responses to trauma never reach a diagnosable threshold. Short term or acute effects are very common but they generally resolve.
She may have PTSD, I don't know. But I thought this was a good opportunity to remind folks that PTSD, like so many other things, has become a default definition in this country for the wanna be "victims" of so many things.
It dilutes the reality and the importance of public perception and understanding of what PTSD is.
  • Ellar likes this

#40 PandM

PandM

moved to greener pastures

• Club LIF Member
  • 10857 posts

Posted January 30 2016 - 01:20 PM

It's statements like that that lead to this..................................

Attached Thumbnails

• Survivor shrink.jpg

• LiDad likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: la, times, quote, of, the, day, priceless

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users